October UConn Recruiting Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

October UConn Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What schools is she considering?
I have gathered that UCLA, MD, and Lville have been involved but haven't seen any info that she actually set foot on their campus so it looks like she has only visited UConn.....

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
I have gathered that UCLA, MD, and Lville have been involved but haven't seen any info that she actually set foot on their campus so it looks like she has only visited UConn.....

She visited Louisville for the UConn game in Feb. No other known visits.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
She visited Louisville for the UConn game in Feb. No other known visits.
Just a follow up on Louisville. This past weekend the Cardinals also had their big recruiting weekend with visits from Olivia Cochran, Sarah Andrews and three other players. Obviously, Aaliyah passed up Louisville for Storrs. Maybe she doesn’t like barbecue...:rolleyes:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just a follow up on Louisville. This past weekend the Cardinals also had their big recruiting weekend with visits from Olivia Cochran, Sarah Andrews and three other players. Obviously, Aaliyah passed up Louisville for Storrs. Maybe she doesn’t like barbecue...:rolleyes:

We have Paige and you don't.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
We have Paige and you don't.
I would think that any front court player with offensive aspirations would get heart palpitations from the thought of getting entry passes for her entire 4-year college career from the likes of Paige, Nika, and probably The Befuddled One.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Does UConn have interest in Payton Verhulst?
Yes. I believe there was a social media following by a member of the UCONN staff to the father of Payton which started after U16 worlds.

Reaction Score
UConn is one of the nine schools Verhulst is considering.

If UConn adds 5 in 2020, they already have Poffenbarger in 2021, how many recruits do you think they will add in 2021?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
If UConn adds 5 in 2020, they already have Poffenbarger in 2021, how many recruits do you think they will add in 2021?

It's a very good question and tough one to figure out. Assuming no transfers, my guess would be three. Might depend on whether Westbrook is around in '21 too.

Reaction Score
I'd say 3 plus a transfer. In this age of kids doing a lot of transferring, I think teams including UConn need to recruit with the thought that 1 or 2 in a class could transfer.

Reaction Score
For Verhulst, it was pretty widely reported that before U16, every school in the country except UConn and Notre Dame had been in contact with her at some point or another -- that changed shortly after her terrific showing at U16. She has visited Louisville, Oregon State, Missouri, and has the upcoming visit to Tennessee. For those who subscribe to the annual 247, Oregon State's has some really informative article on her recruiting plans and so on.

victor64

retired Ohio teacher
Reaction Score
Verhulst would be a great fit at a lot of places. I know what is hoped for in 2021 and that there are several good players in her position. If she proves to Geno that she can guard, she would be a treat to watch in Husky blue.

Reaction Score
For Verhulst, it was pretty widely reported that before U16, every school in the country except UConn and Notre Dame had been in contact with her at some point or another -- that changed shortly after her terrific showing at U16. She has visited Louisville, Oregon State, Missouri, and has the upcoming visit to Tennessee. For those who subscribe to the annual 247, Oregon State's has some really informative article on her recruiting plans and so on.
Hmmm. No visits to UConn or ND?

Reaction Score
Awesome news with Edwards today!!

With regard to Hailey Van Lith, man that feistiness she has... she will be good and if she goes to ND, I feel she will haunt us. Anyone else feel that way?

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Awesome news with Edwards today!!

With regard to Hailey Van Lith, man that feistiness she has... she will be good and if she goes to ND, I feel she will haunt us. Anyone else feel that way?

Van Lith appears to be down to Oregon, Oregon State, Baylor, Louisville, and perhaps UCLA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom