October recruiting thread | Page 8 | The Boneyard

October recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
SECbbfan24....are you a LSU fan? It appears going back to your older posts you are? I know you obviously wouldn't give up sources, but how are you hearing about Strong hanging closely with Edwards or how its going in Storrs if you aren't close to the uconn program?

I'm not coming at you, just genuinely wondering :)
I saw some snaps of Strong talking with Edwards and seeming to have a good time (laughing) on IG stories but I'd have to go back to post the links.

Thats all I know. Nothing complex no inside sources. I'm sure Strong is having a ball during her visit like most recruits who go to UCONN. As well as Roberson

I'm familiar w/ LSU's program and some of their inner workings though

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
I don't know if she has committed verbally to LSU or not. I would find it strange though for someone who is 100% committed elsewhere to then go and spend First Night weekend at UConn. It would have to feel weird going through the motions like that.

Especially in a case like this where her parents are knowledgeable and she seems pretty grounded.

Who knows, we will find out soon enough I guess. That assistant coach post seems to be doing a lot of heavy lifting right now though, and the circumstances of her being at UConn makes me skeptical of it.

Reaction Score
I don't know if she has committed verbally to LSU or not. I would find it strange though for someone who is 100% committed elsewhere to then go and spend First Night weekend at UConn. It would have to feel weird going through the motions like that.

Especially in a case like this where her parents are knowledgeable and she seems pretty grounded.

Who knows, we will find out soon enough I guess. That assistant coach post seems to be doing a lot of heavy lifting right now though, and the circumstances of her being at UConn makes me skeptical of it.
No one knows until a player officially announces. How many times in recruiting (in any sport) has an athlete indicated they are headed or leaning towards a school and changes their mind the next week after visiting somewhere. Its all pointless until the dotted lines are signed IMO

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
m
with the transfer portal always in the background it's best to never burn bridges with other coaches during the recruiting process...........you just never know where they'll end up after a year or two.....
Hmmmm.....making a program, especially one of UConn's stature, pay for and entertain you on their biggest recruiting weekend when you have already decided to go elsewhere (if that is in fact the case) is going to potentially help you with that program down the road? Love to get Geno's thoughts on that one. Seems to me it isn't merely burning a bridge, it is setting dynamite to it.

Reaction Score
m

Hmmmm.....making a program, especially one of UConn's stature, pay for and entertain you on their biggest recruiting weekend when you have already decided to go elsewhere (if that is in fact the case) is going to potentially help you with that program down the road? Love to get Geno's thoughts on that one. Seems to me it isn't merely burning a bridge, it is setting dynamite to it.
Unless Strong refers to it, I'm not sure you'll ever be able to prove that she had already made her decision by the time she visited Storrs..........If she was sincere in her UConn interest, I really doubt Geno would hold it against her........would it have been better to cancel right before the scheduled UConn visit? Now that would not be a good look in my opinion........

Reaction Score
If UConn does not get Strong, they still have Gandy coming and Brady and Jana already committed. There are also the POIs Vukosa and Roberson. All won't be lost if Strong does not commit to UConn.
Since I've always thought getting Strong was a reach, I've tried not to invest too much time contemplating how her game-changing abilities could impact UConn.............let's just say physical power forwards with a highly developed inside/outside game, great passing skills and a team first mentality are rare indeed..........Strong deserves Geno's Hall of Fame coaching and he deserves a player who is so capable of realizing his strategies on the court..............Kim's offensive schemes are pretty much medieval by comparison........

Reaction Score
Unless Strong refers to it, I'm not sure you'll ever be able to prove that she had already made her decision by the time she visited Storrs..........If she was sincere in her UConn interest, I really doubt Geno would hold it against her........would it have been better to cancel right before the scheduled UConn visit? Now that would not be a good look in my opinion........
It’s common for BB and FB recruits to cancel visits if they’ve already made a decision. Just in the last couple of weeks Cooper Flagg the top recruit in MBB visited UConn after visiting Duke. Then he decided that his choice was going to be between those two so he cancelled his upcoming visit to Kansas. It’s the right thing to do and the coaches appreciate it.

Reaction Score
Just saw this tweet and noticed that Paige and Ice just followed her on Instagram. Arianna has also just started following UConn Women’s basketball account, Paige, Qadence and Morgan Cheli.

Also looks like Sarah strong just followed Azzi, and Allie just started following Sarah.

Attachments

• 88A6A71C-5C1F-4B5F-9A8B-65A56F3E10A9.png
    88A6A71C-5C1F-4B5F-9A8B-65A56F3E10A9.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 271
  • 756420B7-99FD-487B-B0DE-8AD1D283875E.png
    756420B7-99FD-487B-B0DE-8AD1D283875E.png
    865.7 KB · Views: 266
Reaction Score
With all these new follows, kinda makes you wonder if they’re all messaging each other. What might they be talking about?

Reaction Score

A new TikTok video featuring Sarah Strong, Arianna Roberson, and Morgan Cheli (Allie Ziebell is also in the background). But good to see the recruits getting to bond with the current UConn players, hopefully it makes a difference in getting Arianna and Sarah to commit

Reaction Score
Just saw this tweet and noticed that Paige and Ice just followed her on Instagram. Arianna has also just started following UConn Women’s basketball account, Paige, Qadence and Morgan Cheli.

Also looks like Sarah strong just followed Azzi, and Allie just started following Sarah.
Since this post Arianna has just followed Azzi, Ice, Aliyah, and Ashylnn. That now makes the UConn women’s account, Paige, Qadence, Morgan, Azzi, ice, Aliyah and Ashylnn

Attachments

• 7EE799ED-7C60-4A76-9D84-6F826A8EF459.png
    7EE799ED-7C60-4A76-9D84-6F826A8EF459.png
    937.3 KB · Views: 161

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

A new TikTok video featuring Sarah Strong, Arianna Roberson, and Morgan Cheli (Allie Ziebell is also in the background). But good to see the recruits getting to bond with the current UConn players, hopefully it makes a difference in getting Arianna and Sarah to commit

Well this clinches it. While we’re all wondering about LOI’s, there is nothing that says, “This is my team” like a Tik Tok video. ;)

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Well this clinches it. While we’re all wondering about LOI’s, there is nothing that says, “This is my team” like a Tik Tok video. ;)
LOL and twerking no less, or whatever they are doing. Still, for the worry warts who look at pictures and say "but she doesn't look engaged"... well she looks pretty engaged in the video! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom