October recruiting thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

October recruiting thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
What exactly did the IG story insinuate?
I think it said something like “our trip today was a amazing, got to see family for the last time before they officially become family” and” history is about to be made”

I know most LSU fans interpreted as a sign of a verbal from Sarah who they were known to be visiting in home.

Reaction Score
The LSU assistant coaches IG story indicted like they got a verbal commitment from Sarah during the in home visit as well. Unfortunate but seems likely at this point.

I do believe she has another official visit planned for UNC next weekend though before she makes a decision so I wouldn’t expect an announcement for a couple of weeks.
Which coach? What did they say? Link perhaps?

Reaction Score
The LSU assistant coaches IG story indicted like they got a verbal commitment from Sarah during the in home visit as well. Unfortunate but seems likely at this point.

I do believe she has another official visit planned for UNC next weekend though before she makes a decision so I wouldn’t expect an announcement for a couple of weeks.
Have you heard anything about this? @SECbbfan24

Reaction Score
Have you heard anything about this? @SECbbfan24
I heard UCONN previously was her last official visit but could add another visit. Strong has scheduled some spur of the moment visits so hard to say. Won't know until after this weekend.

UNC was doing a home visit with her last week as well.

Reaction Score
Isn’t it a violation for any coach or assistant to discuss recruits until they have a signed NLI in their hand?

I doubt we'll hear anything official until NLI signing, which I believe is Nov. 8-15. At this point there's no point for a recruit to announce their verbal ahead of time.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Isn’t it a violation for any coach or assistant to discuss recruits until they have a signed NLI in their hand?
Correct. In fact, it is prohibited for any coach or school representative to publicly discuss any recruit until 1) they are signed and 2) after national signing day. A recruit is free to say whatever they want about signing, whenever they want. So if an Assistant LSU coach suggested on IG that Strong has signed, that’s an NCAA recruiting violation.

Reaction Score
Correct. In fact, it is prohibited for any coach or school representative to publicly discuss any recruit until 1) they are signed and 2) after national signing day. A recruit is free to say whatever they want about signing, whenever they want. So if an Assistant LSU coach suggested on IG that Strong has signed, that’s an NCAA recruiting violation.
I don't have IG and didn't see the story, but this sounds like Dawn Staley's little birdie tweets or whatever they were. She wouldn't say explicitly they landed a recruit, but the tweet was code for her landing one. Messages only the fans or people who pay attention could decipher.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

As long as coaches don't mention an unsigned recruit by name (on social media) they can tweet, retweet, etc. and post photos of the unsigned recruits, I believe.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

That clearly never happened as recruits can't sign LOI's until sometime in November. Perhpas you meant to use the word "committed".

Reaction Score
That clearly never happened as recruits can't sign LOI's until sometime in November. Perhpas you meant to use the word "committed".
Their name can’t me mentioned until the SIGN. “Commitments” don’t open the door.

Reaction Score
I just went on LSU recruiting board and one of their posters said Sarah just started following Rosario ( 2023 player from the class from LSU) last night. So that's kind of strange timing considering Sarah is on her official at UConn right now... however she started following Kelis Fisher from UConn as well who she was sitting with.

So who knows, trying to figure all this out via social media makes the ole head spin!

Reaction Score
I just went on LSU recruiting board and one of their posters said Sarah just started following Rosario ( 2023 player from the class from LSU) last night. So that's kind of strange timing considering Sarah is on her official at UConn right now... however she started following Kelis Fisher from UConn as well who she was sitting with.

So who knows, trying to figure all this out via social media makes the ole head spin!
Means nothing. Recruits follow all players all the time. No one knows until strong officially announced.

Like she is following half the Oregon roster, their photographer, etc and I don’t think she is headed to Oregon.

Reaction Score
Well I just did some more digging on the LSU Recruiting board and this is what one of their assistant coaches posted on IG after the Strong visit apparently.

"The trip we took today was amazing. We got to see family one last time before officially becoming family. History is about to be made"

I mean wow, what the heck else would they be talking about? Not getting a good feeling now!

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I don't have IG and didn't see the story, but this sounds like Dawn Staley's little birdie tweets or whatever they were. She wouldn't say explicitly they landed a recruit, but the tweet was code for her landing one. Messages only the fans or people who pay attention could decipher.
If that’s the case, I’m not quite sure how we are to assume that a cryptic message necessarily refers to Strong committing to LSU, particularly prior to her recruiting visit to UConn, and perhaps another visit to UNC. Are we to believe that Strong is just racking up frequent flyer miles?

Reaction Score
Well I just did some more digging on the LSU Recruiting board and this is what one of their assistant coaches posted on IG after the Strong visit apparently.

"The trip we took today was amazing. We got to see family one last time before officially becoming family. History is about to be made"

I mean wow, what the heck else would they be talking about? Not getting a good feeling now!

Pretty sure it was their Coach Redus. Nothing about his social media is subtle.

Reaction Score

It was Coach Redus. Well after seeing that, looks we are just a courtesy visit at this point. Hope I'm wrong though!

Reaction Score
It was Coach Redus. Well after seeinng that, looks we are just a courtesy visit at this point. Hope I'm wrong though!
I guess it becomes a waiting game now.

IMG_0885.jpeg

IMG_0886.jpeg

Reaction Score
Heard Strong is having a really great time hanging out closely with Edwards
I wonder if Aaliyah gave Sarah any indication if she was coming back for another year. It could be the elephant in the room regarding their conversations, and could potentially affect Sarah's decision.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Their name can’t me mentioned until the SIGN. “Commitments” don’t open the door.
That's what I said in my post prior to the one you quoted. But, coaches can retweet tweets or images which include the recruits' names and likeness.

Reaction Score
That post certainly looks bad, for sure. Oh well, if she doesn’t come that’s just the way it is. Still hoping though. Let’s hope we can get Big “O” and/or Sienna Betts! Those two seem to me to be the top bigs coming up! Sarah seems a classy young woman and I wish her well wherever she goes!

Reaction Score

Weird thing is Sarah has been extremely quiet about the recruiting herself. I don't think she's been posting anything from her visits. So for their Coach to do that if she's trying to be quiet about it, seems pretty strange!

Just hope she picks the good guys, even though that post looks bad.

Reaction Score
That post certainly looks bad, for sure. Oh well, if she doesn’t come that’s just the way it is. Still hoping though. Let’s hope we can get Big “O” and/or Sienna Betts! Those two seem to me to be the top bigs coming up! Sarah seems a classy young woman and I wish her well wherever she goes!
I also think Arianna Roberson would be a nice addition and that we have a great chance of getting her. She is tall, athletic, and seems like she will develop into a superstar player. So if Sarah is no longer an option, I at least hope we get Arianna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom