Notre Dame | The Boneyard

Notre Dame

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
F91A3036-B3CA-419E-BD6F-B2B145A93BBF.jpeg

Reaction Score
Both teams were affected by the transfer portal and opt-outs. Oregon State was down 2 QBs so no surprise that their offense was so anemic and they did score a late TD. ND was without Sam Hartman who was on the sidelines so they did pretty well with Angeli. I think they were without their top 4 receivers too.

Reaction Score
Ohio State is down to their third string QB as second stringer Devin Brown hurt his leg and probably won't be back. As expected, Harrison has opted out.

Earlier in the day one announcer talked about opting in since so may players opt out.

Reaction Score
OSU is a joke with half their team opting out and getting whacked by Missouri. No team deserves a bowl that doesn’t show up with its best players. It’s a disservice to the game, the schools, the sponsors and the fans. This crap has to stop.

Reaction Score
Both teams were affected by the transfer portal and opt-outs. Oregon State was down 2 QBs so no surprise that their offense was so anemic and they did score a late TD. ND was without Sam Hartman who was on the sidelines so they did pretty well with Angeli. I think they were without their top 4 receivers too.
With ND bringing in another portal QB I wonder if Angeli will bail.

He is an East Coast kid. Maybe he wants to play closer to home?

Reaction Score
You’re just guessing though.
Isn’t every bet a guess? Even at full strength. In these opt out games what shifts thinking is the importance of the missing players position, the coach, and the conference.
Over-unders are actually easier to guess.
If you didn’t have Notre Dame or Mizzou you weren’t guessing too well. Oregon St was decimated—and Ohio St was missing their QB- never mind their best receiver. But then again, betting against The Big Ten is always a good guess In these games. Ole Miss will beat Penn State, LSU will beat Wisconsin. And as for the final four—it’s sitting right in front of us. Alabama will beat Michigan, Texas will beat Washington, and Alabama will then get its revenge vs Texas in the National Championship Guessing Game. That’s as good a guess as any.

Reaction Score
Haven’t watched 1 Bowl Game. Don’t miss it.
Devolved to TV background and I’ve paid little actual attention. It’s not interesting and most of the games are atrocious. The system needs a major redo and it starts with if you don’t show up with your key players on the field there is no payout and you’re banned from a bowl the following year.

Reaction Score
You’re just guessing though. There’s no history for many of the kids in key positions.

Seriously how can you bet on QBs who have never taken a snap or only a couple now they’re in a bowl without their best players everywhere? It’s ridiculous and absolutely boring as hell. Never mind the Irish and the Beavers but Mizzou and Ohio State was an absolute horrendous watch. Yesterday was the first time I even watched a bowl and they were awful.

Reaction Score
Devolved to TV background and I’ve paid little actual attention. It’s not interesting and most of the games are atrocious. The system needs a major redo and it starts with if you don’t show up with your key players on the field there is no payout and you’re banned from a bowl the following year.
I wonder if the new expanded playoff starting next season will have any effect on which players opt-out. We shall find out but I agree something needs to be done.

How do the gambling numbers look this bowl season? Is it greatly reduced based on players opting-out and entering transfer portal?

Reaction Score
ND's days as part of the college football ultra-elite are over. I don't think they want to play the NIL and transfer portal game the way the top programs in the SEC and BiG do. Brien Kelly went to LSU for a reason.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom