Notre Dame @ Syracuse - 1/05/20 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame @ Syracuse - 1/05/20

Who will win this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
ok, I scoured the web, ND and Syracuse and I did find this sentence in the article posted here:

"Fighting Irish coach Muffet McGraw declined an interview request for her thoughts on the game."

So sadly, we do not get to hear or see MM at her best. :oops:
I was able to track down a still shot of Muffet informally addressing the press:

1578285360440.png

Plebe

Reaction Score
Sounds as if Muffet fell on her tongue. Probably a good thing considering she'd probably blame every player and every coach this time. I wonder if they will be any postgame presser from her for the rest of the season?
Wait, I thought the postgame presser was mandatory for the coach? Can a coach just decline it?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Wait, I thought the postgame presser was mandatory for the coach? Can a coach just decline it?
I know at the NCAAT games all coaches have to attend. I think for Away games, all coaches can decline the press but the home team, as host must attend. Hence all our lovely Holly pressers. I would offer that at least Holly attended her away pressers (even if we wished she didn't!).

Plebe

Reaction Score
Is that Mechelle Voepel dressed in green?
It's one of her players who just aren't paying attention to her

Reaction Score
The Syracuse player Digna was funny. ND just could not handle us and the crowd. ND just laid down on us. :eek::eek::eek::eek:
“... the crowd”?? Because ND isn’t used to playing in 49,000 capacity indoor football stadiums in front of 300 people?

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

I can not find one quote from MM or a ND player about yesterday's game. If ND declined all interviews then that would be inconsistent with the ACC's media guidelines and not a good look.

The host sports information director, per mutual agreement with the visiting sports information director, may adjust the order of the above post-game interview procedure as long as media access to coaches and players is guaranteed.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

They laid down? Guys, you just beat a 6-8 team at home in OT. OT for short benched teams is a nightmare. Clearly toward the end ND was gassed. Congratulations to QH on finally beating this terrible ND team and not going 0-17 against Muffet. As bad as ND is this year there will be a reckoning sooner than later. On a real funny side, too bad QH is too chicken to play UConn even on a neutral court.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I can not find one quote from MM or a ND player about yesterday's game. If ND declined all interviews then that would be inconsistent with the ACC's media guidelines and not a good look.

The host sports information director, per mutual agreement with the visiting sports information director, may adjust the order of the above post-game interview procedure as long as media access to coaches and players is guaranteed.
I wonder if MM is even aware of this courtesy as she has pretty much ruled the roost of the ACC since arriving. Normally the Conference Commissioner posts the various sanctions and comments on players and coaches who violate policy as a deterrent for eliminating future transgressions which I am sure would go over swell with MM.
That said, I tried to find a “losing handshake line video” of MMwhen she lost to a fellow woman but even last years title game, I could only see the celebrations, not the actual line. I only saw ND having to wait while Baylor celebrated and it was delicious....

Reaction Score
Muffet will have a tough year.... it is expected.... she has her national title... and is a good coach....

i am so glad though that we have the coaching staff we have!!

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Muffet will have a tough year.... it is expected.... she has her national title... and is a good coach....

i am so glad though that we have the coaching staff we have!!
I guess she can be/is considered a good coach but based on the many pre-, post-, game and press conferences behavior and comments, I would not put her on my good person list. Just MHO.

Reaction Score
I guess she can be/is considered a good coach but based on the many pre-, post-, game and press conferences behavior and comments, I would not put her on my good person list. Just MHO.

Ya I agree with you.... not my favorite person either.... i was just giving her credit for her coaching...

This year is a test for her.... very tough with what she has on roster

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Ya I agree with you.... not my favorite person either.... i was just giving her credit for her coaching...

This year is a test for her.... very tough with what she has on roster
I agree with you that she should be considered a good coach by some but IMO a good coach is also a good person and sportsman/sportswoman.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom