Notre Dame Matchup Problem With Maryland | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Notre Dame Matchup Problem With Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
McGraw can talk all she wants about being an underdog. I'm hoping the dog she is under is a Husky!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
[Can someone tell me what Muffet could say that won't upset UConn fans?

She should borrow a phrase from Mulkey's post-game conference when she was asked about the officiating: "Next question."[/quote]
Well ...
'I Quit'
'Last season we reached our zenith at the BE tournament and it is all down hill from there. Uconn is unstoppable.'

I think those would qualify!:rolleyes:

Reaction Score
I think size can be overrated in the women's game, since were usually only talking about a few inches. Remember how good a job Samaria walker did on Griner? How much smaller was she -- 6 or 7 inches?

Not sure why ND can't go with 4 guards. Yes they'll be shorter, but then one of MDs bigs has gotta be out on the perimeter with mcbride-loyd-cable.

I don't know where this revisionist history that Samarie outplayed Griner is coming from. This is not the first time I've seen it i recent weeks, and it's utterly wrong. I was at that game. Griner put Walker in foul trouble roughly from the minute she began to try to cover her. It was Heather Buck that matched up well with Griner, mainly because Heather had quicker hands, a fact it didn't take her long to figure out. But Samarie couldn't defend her without fouling.

Reaction Score
Diggins did scream "This is my " house" at Gampel. I was there and standing close by with my young daughter who heard Diggins and was upset with the language. Not what a college student athlete should be screaming but obviously the "ND way" given Achonwa's "impassioned speech" for all to hear after injury and also Diggins behavior at that infamous high school game not that long ago.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
Diggins did scream "This is my " house" at Gampel. I was there and standing close by with my young daughter who heard Diggins and was upset with the language. Not what a college student athlete should be screaming but obviously the "ND way" given Achonwa's "impassioned speech" for all to hear after injury and also Diggins behavior at that infamous high school game not that long ago.

Villains, whether real or perceived, have long lives in the hearts and minds of those who despise them. The Democrats ran successfully for national office for a couple decades by reminding the electorate of the shortcomings of Herbert Hoover. The Republicans learned from that example, which accounts for their curent frequent mention of Jimmy Carter in less than complimentary terms.

I could cite other examples in sports as well as politics, but for now I will limit my comment to that notorious ND alumnaand personification of all that is evil about that institution, Ms Skylar Diggins. I do not question for a moment the authenticity of the quoted vulgar remarks attributed to her, nor is my viewing pleasure of a wcbb game enhanced by repetitive TV camera shots of her peering at her cell phone rather than the activity on the floor.

But surely there must be some sort of a statute of limitation to mercifully put the denigration of a (real or perceived) villain to rest. Permit me to suggest that we wish Ms Achonwa a complete recovery, erase Ms Diggins from our hate list, and focus on opening a large can of whoop-ass tomorrow against those lovely girls from Palo Alto.

To sum it up re Skylar. Enough already!

Reaction Score
I would like to forget Diggins but ESPN makes it difficult every time they show Rebecca in studio with the large picture of a no longer college player who never won a national championship.

Reaction Score
Ho-hum....UConn fans (I am one), blinded by hatred for ND, are constitutionally loathe to credit Muffett and The Irish with success, however well-deserved (I am not one). From the beginning of the season, ND had the nation's second best team as well as its second best coach. Losing Achonwa was huge, but no great team goes from greatness to mediocrity with the loss of one player. Yes, there now exist matchup problems for them that they didn't anticipate, but, in my opinion, they still prevail vs. MD.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Maybe they got a commitment from a recruit? Good news about Achonwa's prognosis? Maybe she's expecting? could be anything

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Maybe they got a commitment from a recruit? Good news about Achonwa's prognosis? Maybe she's expecting? could be anything

Could be a job offer?

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
MD is peaking now, but I will root for ND. I don't buy into the mountains some posters here like to make of mole hills.
Bottom line for me is the historic meeting of 2 undefeateds in the NC. Why would we want anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom