Not thrilled in Florida about Cuse and Pitt | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Not thrilled in Florida about Cuse and Pitt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The problem that FSU has is that its football goals are much higher than Syracuse's could ever be. FSU, Clemson, Va Tech, NC and Ga Tech are programs that have realistic top ten potential, the rest of the league does not. As for Syracuse, to paraphrase the old Groucho Marx line "I wouldn't want to join any league that would have me as a member."

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Florida simply hates ever having to play a game where the temperature is below 60 degrees. Always makes me laugh how pro football is filled with great teams from the north and play in all kinds of weather but college football thinks it should be limited to the sunny south.:confused:

this is the SEC's greatest advantage. can you imagine how much less tough alabama would be playing in beaver stadium, in november. most of those kids have never seen snow, and have never tackled or been tackled when the ground is literally frozen solid. they don't have to recruit or scheme for northern weather, whereas the northern teams have to do both. changes the game quite a bit.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
this is the SEC's greatest advantage. can you imagine how much less tough alabama would be playing in beaver stadium, in november. most of those kids have never seen snow, and have never tackled or been tackled when the ground is literally frozen solid. they don't have to recruit or scheme for northern weather, whereas the northern teams have to do both. changes the game quite a bit.
Exactly.

Reaction Score
Case in point...UCONN victory over univ of so. Carolina in the frigid (for southern standards) bowl. The gamecocks could not do anything that day (combo of UCONN playing a great game and cold).

Reaction Score
The problem that FSU has is that its football goals are much higher than Syracuse's could ever be. FSU, Clemson, Va Tech, NC and Ga Tech are programs that have realistic top ten potential, the rest of the league does not. As for Syracuse, to paraphrase the old Groucho Marx line "I wouldn't want to join any league that would have me as a member."

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk
i don't understand this post. everyone's football goals in the bcs are the same, to win a NC. syracuse has finished in the top ten before, and will again. why are you people unable to understand that college football takes place on a long timeline, not just the 5 years you have been d1. programs are always rising and falling in america, am i right?

Reaction Score
He's another guy more concerned with flash than substance. If you're going to knock Syracuse and Pitt football, why follow it up by pining for Notre Dame? I know ND brings cash. That's well and good. But don't emphasize the play on the field the last decade, because Notre Dame hasn't brought it for a long while.
Sincse 2000:

Quse - 54-78
ND - 78-56
Pitt - 82-54

It's not about the play on the field, and Notre Dame's record may not be up to their own expectations, but it's far from an embarrasment. Their problem is consistency.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
True, but at least Notre Dame brings . . . . Notre Dame. Not great the past 10 years, but, it's Notre Dame. What does Syracuse bring?
Showings of "The Express" on conference movie night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom