OT: - Nonsensical Songs - Wacky lyrics & titles, post your best loved - and worst | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Nonsensical Songs - Wacky lyrics & titles, post your best loved - and worst

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Hmmm, The above has a wacky chorus, not a wacky title. If we are going with wacky titles, only, then I will go with.…

Actually "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" is a title with very much sense in it. Cause it's a Nigerian saying that means "It comes like it comes". That pretty tells what the song is all about.

IMO "I Am The Walrus" makes much less sense.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Actually "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" is a title with very much sense in it. Cause it's a Nigerian saying that means "It comes like it comes". That pretty tells what the song is all about.
Sort of…
After the release of "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da" in November 1968, Scott tried to claim a writer's credit for the use of his catchphrase.[15][6] McCartney said that the phrase was "just an expression", whereas Scott argued that it was not a common expression and was used exclusively by the Scott-Emuakpor family.[12]

Reaction Score
Yup, pretty much anything Spike Jones or Dr Demento can slide into this thread.
I've actually refrained from posting some Spike Jones on previous threads because I wasn't sure how it might be rec'd.
The Spike Jones folks had a boatload of musical talent to massacre the classics like they did.
(Edit to add Homer and Jethro & Pinkard and Bowden)

Dr. Demento is the man (along with "Weird" Al Yankovic). My sister and I used to listen to his radio show every Sunday night, it came on right after the Dr. Ruth Westheimer Show. I always wondered if the radio station had the programming backwards, given the content of each show.

Reaction Score
I'd have to go with "Peaches" from The Presidents of the United States of America. They have a few songs that could be here.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom