Non-Key Tweets | Page 790 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score

Is this Flugar interviewing or someone else? If it’s Flugar, than that quite the coup. A member of the Conference Realignment Twitterati interviewing the AD and VP of Athletics at ND is something I would never have expected. I know Flugar is involved with the Minnesota 247 site, but he’s presenting this without that branding.

Reaction Score
Is this Flugar interviewing or someone else? If it’s Flugar, than that quite the coup. A member of the Conference Realignment Twitterati interviewing the AD and VP of Athletics at ND is something I would never have expected. I know Flugar is involved with the Minnesota 247 site, but he’s presenting this without that branding.
Its not Flug or anyone on Twitter. It will be with ND related media. This is not unusual, except that usually nobody pays any attention to it.

Flug is vastly overselling this, which is no surprise. He is on record saying ND to the Big Ten is a done deal. He is all in with this prediction.

dayooper

Reaction Score
Nothing will come if this. Jack has done these previously.
Its not Flug or anyone on Twitter. It will be with ND related media. This is not unusual, except that usually nobody pays any attention to it.

Flug is vastly overselling this, which is no surprise. He is on record saying ND to the Big Ten is a done deal. He is all in with this prediction.

Thanks for the info.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

The real question is whether ESPN makes a power move and offers Notre Dame something closer to their desired amount for their home football games.

CL82

Reaction Score

dayooper

Reaction Score
That turned out to be a giant wah-wah.
What turned out to be a giant wag-wah? Mind you, I think Flugs is as reliable as a ‘75 Pinto. I’m just not sure what we are talking about.

Reaction Score
The real question is whether ESPN makes a power move and offers Notre Dame something closer to their desired amount for their home football games.
You bring up an interesting point as ESPN could go after Notre Dame. And, if ESPN gets Notre Dame's media rights to home games, ESPN will be on ESPN/ABC almost every week with their ACC game commitments. Does Notre Dame want that?

Reaction Score
What turned out to be a giant wag-wah? Mind you, I think Flugs is as reliable as a ‘75 Pinto. I’m just not sure what we are talking about.
The announcement is just a regular schedule pod live stream. Nothing of consequence will come out of it. That time bomb was linked to Swarbrick appearing on the interview.

CL82

Reaction Score
The announcement is just a regular schedule pod live stream. Nothing of consequence will come out of it. That time bomb was linked to Swarbrick appearing on the interview.
All these guys are entertaining. They all have their own 15 minutes of fame and are trying to stretch it.

Reaction Score
It is being reported that the new B1G time slots on NBC and CBS are exclusive to only the B1G going forward in 2023. If so, that means NBC cannot shift this prime time timeslot to earlier, which means an "independent" Notre Dame can never again after this season have a "prime time" home game on NBC, unless they join the B1G. It would violate their new B1G deal.

And CBS has another dilemma because they are now double booked in 2023 with both an SEC game and a B1G game at 3:30 eastern time. That is not possible as both games are contractually obligated.

Reaction Score
It is being reported that the new B1G time slots on NBC and CBS are exclusive to only the B1G going forward in 2023. If so, that means NBC cannot shift this prime time timeslot to earlier, which means an "independent" Notre Dame can never again after this season have a "prime time" home game on NBC, unless they join the B1G. It would violate their new B1G deal.

And CBS has another dilemma because they are now double booked in 2023 with both an SEC game and a B1G game at 3:30 eastern time. That is not possible as both games are contractually obligated.
That is the belief at this time. This and the bitching about travel is the most interesting thing to me right now.

Reaction Score
That is the belief at this time. This and the bitching about travel is the most interesting thing to me right now.

The bitching about travel is Swarbrick using a leverage position to get the ACC to schedule differently for the Itish in the non revenue sports.

And he specifically pointed out travelling to Tallahassee.....I get it...don't think that it helps FSU athletes to have to travel to Boston, Syracuse, South Bend, Pittsburgh etc.

In a conference with some geographic spread, that happens.

Reaction Score
SI is now reporting a few hours ago that although the new CBS Big Ten game of the Week contract starts in 2023, which is also the last year that CBS has the SEC Game of the Week in the same 3:30 time slot, the Big Ten has agreed that CBS can fulfill its contractual obligations and broadcast the last year of its contract with the SEC and broadcast the SEC Game of the Week. No details as to any other collateral effects of this concession.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom