Non-Key Tweets | Page 792 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Taking Stanford and Cal locks down the entire state of California for the B1G. That's huge. Maybe USC and UCLA can lock down CA on their own, but Standford and Cal in the fold will leave no doubt.

40 million people - most populated state in the country.

Media Markets:
2. Los Angeles
6. San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose
20. Sacramento/Stockton/Modesto
27. San Diego
55. Fresno/Visalia

If Washington and Oregon are also added:

Washington-Oregon (WA 8 million - 13th) (OR 4.2 million - 27th)
12. Seattle/Tacoma
21. Portland
66. Spokane

Reaction Score
Idk. I don’t see Stanford filling seats, let alone carrying the market. Oregon and Washington have captive audiences.

Reaction Score
I don’t believe that Stanford is worth more than Oregon for one second. Stanford doesn’t interest anyone that didn’t go to Stanford.

Edit: Same goes for Washington.
I remember seeing data that the only 4 cities that got significant graduates from all B10 schools were NY, Washington, LA, and San Francisco. (The Rutgers and Maryland pipeline to Chicago being nonexistent, so preventing the Windy City from being #5).

That plus the Stanford-Notre Dame connection, the $1.2 billion in annual research, and the $38 billion endowment probably make Stanford very attractive to the B10. They’d be the only conference that would take the last two into account, but I’m pretty sure it would make their slides during media day if it came to it.

Cal I’d have a harder time making the case for from the B10’s perspective beyond simple symmetry with two LA schools and two Bay Area schools.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I remember seeing data that the only 4 cities that got significant graduates from all B10 schools were NY, Washington, LA, and San Francisco. (The Rutgers and Maryland pipeline to Chicago being nonexistent, so preventing the Windy City from being #5).

That plus the Stanford-Notre Dame connection, the $1.2 billion in annual research, and the $38 billion endowment probably make Stanford very attractive to the B10. They’d be the only conference that would take the last two into account, but I’m pretty sure it would make their slides during media day if it came to it.

Cal I’d have a harder time making the case for from the B10’s perspective beyond simple symmetry with two LA schools and two Bay Area schools.
Maybe, but I’ve spent a lot of time in SF and I just never felt that energy toward Stanford. I don’t consider SF a college sports town at all.

I agree that Stanford is a big deal academically and in terms of being a money machine. I guess that matters too, but it seems far fetched looking at the big picture.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Maybe, but I’ve spent a lot of time in SF and I just never felt that energy toward Stanford. I don’t consider SF a college sports town at all.

I agree that Stanford is a big deal academically and in terms of being a money machine. I guess that matters too, but it seems far fetched looking at the big picture.

It was mentioned earlier that San Fran /San Jose is a top 5 national area for alums of existing B1G schools.

It's not just the raw value of Stanford and Cal, it's how the mesh with existing B1G schools and opportunities for those alum to support their team beyond existing B1G markets.

Reaction Score
Re FSU Prez....

It was noted by FSU boosters that it is a vague statement...but still, a statement.

The fact that he did not praise the ACC, unlike former honchos, and mentioned getting help will get some attention....maybe he is copying Swarbrick but with a dead hand.

Reaction Score
Re FSU Prez....

It was noted by FSU boosters that it is a vague statement...but still, a statement.

The fact that he did not praise the ACC, unlike former honchos, and mentioned getting help will get some attention....maybe he is copying Swarbrick but with a dead hand.
FSU is so stuck. ND could move but why? Just feel for the schools that want out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom