Non-Key Tweets | Page 780 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur@flugempire · 1h
BTM

“Everybody will need to recalculate again. Accountants need to add another ledger. The dollars is one aspect of the deal but length of term is the hammer Warren holds.”

BTM

“With feeding frenzy among multiple media companies Warren and Big Ten can make the new media deal another short one if they choose to do so in next few weeks. Again, 6-7 year deal can be made with Warren betting on Big Ten”

BTM

“With growing potential of shorten Big Ten contract Notre Dame needs to recalculate. Shorten media contract will rock some ACC schools. Dollars, maximum exposure and shorten term are hammers with ACC’s future quickly becoming the nail.”

BTM

“Warren going to NFL distribution model for Big Ten is paying dividends. He was hired for this media deal and the next. He wants to build steaming component into Big Ten distribution, but we don’t know what it will be for 2023.”

BTM

“Risk/Benefit assessments being done. Big Ten receiving another bump in media dollars come 2030 is definitely in play. Everybody waking up to the synergy of a shorter media contract. This is the logjam Notre Dame wants to understand and clear before they decide on anything.”

college football fan@Genetics56 · 1h
Watch the whole ACC + Pac 12 stupidity fizzle out in the coming days/weeks and the beginning of the football season. They Big 12 + Pac 12 should just merge. That would be a good "left over conference."

college football fan@Genetics56 · 55m
I read the flugempire Big Ten TV intel. I'll simplify things for you all....FOX + Big Ten + NBC + CBS are going to time the years so they can do a kill shot at the ACC after the next TWO TV contracts. Yes, Big Ten would go to market twice before the ACC GOR is done.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 54m
That will force the hand of Notre Dame since Notre Dame knows if they stick with status quo and reup with NBC, they will never come close to financially competitive. Big TEn money would just keeep growing.

college football fan@Genetics56 · 53m
The one thing that I will credit Warren for is the NFL style TV contract they are piecing together. ESPN + SEC boxed themselves in, into one channel. Big TEn will be on multiple channels all day long on Saturdays.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 8h
Woo boy! The rumor mill has been spinning today. Text messages blowing me up today.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 8h
ACC pushing back against the “loose partnership” with PAC12. ACC wanting to just invite Washington, Oregon, Stanford, and Utah. Trying to figure out how to get it done without voiding GOR. Need espn to help bring those 4 in with Pro rata

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 8h
Meanwhile on the B12 front all signs are pointing to a possible meeting today where member schools may vote to invite AZ schools and Colorado.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 8h
And hearing that Washington State, Oregon State, and Cal have reached out to the Mountain West to talk about a landing spot.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 8h
B12 working with media consultants to determine which school of the many we have had apply from AAC and MWC would be the bring the best financial benefit to bring in as a 4th school.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 8h
Or we could possibly have another option from the 3 Pac12 schools remaining. Or we may only take the 3 if ACC scoops up those 4.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 7h
One final tidbit this afternoon:pAC is currently trying to be as attractive as they can while they see what their media rights could be if they stayed together.Of course “official sources” are going to downplay the significance of any talks schools have had Witt other conferences

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 6h
I actually have another afternoon tidbit: B12 hurt Pac12 last year by adding Houston and BYU and taking the last 2 remaining schools of value in the Pac12 geographic footprint they could have used to expand with following the recent defections.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 6h
But they wouldn’t have taken BYU anyway from what I’ve heard. But our last expansion left them with no options. They are stuck at 10 unless they want to further devalue their per school payout for the sake of size

MH ver3 @MH ver3 · 3h
Tonight’s Big12 vote isn’t to invite schools. It’s to actively pursue expansion and re-form the expansion committee. There’s so much information to pour through and so many moving pieces that B12 leadership alone can’t keep up.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 3h
We have a good head start and have great lines of communication opened up with candidates and media partners. We just need more active involvement from member schools

Reaction Score
MH ver3@MH ver3 · 16m
Expansion committee is formed and Big12 members have voted to officially pursue expansion

Reaction Score
Really hard to believe the UNC to the Big 10 rumor.

The UNC dook rivalry is only second to the Yankees vs Redsox IMO.

I know they can still schedule this game out of conference, but it just would not be the same.

I don't have any clue what's going on, but I'm not buying this one.

Reaction Score
Will it still be 30M? If yes, then we have to say yes. The problem is we could be without a viable conference again in a few years.
Considering it's 40M now, yes I think it's safe to say it'll be 30M. That only takes 20M for the tv contract due to bowls, playoff, ncaa tournament monies.

Reaction Score
Considering it's 40M now, yes I think it's safe to say it'll be 30M. That only takes 20M for the tv contract due to bowls, playoff, ncaa tournament monies.
I thought it was $30M now

Reaction Score
college football fan@Genetics56 · 8h
Throw out the old criteria of Big Ten expansion. The current version includes the following: academics and culture, student-athlete welfare, competition, and logistics, commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in sports; financial sustainability

college football fan@Genetics56 · 9h
based on that, the no chance in hell list includes from the Pac 12 includes Arizona, Colorado, Arizona State, Washington State, Oregon State, Utah.

For the Big 12, the only current member that would even have a remote chance is Kansas. TCU = no research, small student body, as an example.

For the ACC the only ones with a chance when using the criteria are Miami, Georgia Tech, Pitt, Duke, UNC, VA Tech, UVA and an extremely low chance for Clemson (less than 5% chance, IMO).

college football fan@Genetics56 · 6h
Top 20 TV markets through Big Ten and SEC teams only. FOX has full control of 8. ESPN has control of 5. FOX has the top 4. By adding Stanford, WA, OR..FOX would have full control of 11 vs 5. That would be a massive difference.

The reason TV markets still matter to some level is population centers. The more people there are in a city, the more people who should be watching games. The strategic mistake that the SEC has done is they didn't leave their normal footprint, besides Texas, in the last 20 yrs

Oklahoma + Texas is basically Texas since OU is close to Dallas. I forgot Missouri in my previous tweet. That was a dumb addition. Misouri hasn't added anything to the SEC. ..cont

It's possible ACC schools could get out of the GOR in the coming years, but let's assume they go to 2030 at least. Since 2000, the SEC will have only added 2 top 20 TV markets. The Big Ten since, 2000 has added 3..cont

If the Big Ten adds OR, WA, Stanford, they will have added 6 top TV markets. As I go over the data, the media has to be getting filled with a ton of intential misinformation being fed to them. Why t he f would the Big Ten not add the other 4 top 20 TV markets???

Because if you add OR, Stanford/Cal, and WA to go with USC + UCLA, you have blocked out the SEC for any major market out west. Sure there is Phoenix and Denver, but those will be controlled by the big 12/pac...cont

FOX/Big Ten will then have forced/boxed in the SEC to be a regionalized conference for the rest of our lives. If the SEC wants to take an Oregon State or dumb sh like that, more power to them. But FOX/Big Ten is willing the market size battle = dollars.

Then you add in Notre Dame with a national audience. Eventually, you take a school in Virginia, Florida and North Carolina and then share the major markets with whatever happens out east when it's all done and over. Mulitple bidders and winners = more money too.

Thus, all FOX/Big Ten need to do is lock down Notre Dame, the three schools out west, then hang tight for several years until the states of Virginia, North Carolina, Georiga and Florida come available. FOX is then national in almost every major TV market in the country.

Yes, from a TV sub perspective this isn't going to make much of a difference since FOX is OTA and FS1 is available for anyone that wants it, but the point is more than that...it's a foot print and you get more people watching your channels = more ad revenue.

Thus, people can say the ESPN and SEC TV deal is sexy and will pay a sh load of money, and it will, but it will be 10 years of now further growth than what is already in the contracts. Why the SEC was stupid to go all in with one network we will never know. It's dumb.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 3h
Pac12 will be filing an injunction against USC and UCLA on Monday to begin the process of withholding their tv earning from now until August of 2024.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 3h
This would equate to roughly a $70m dollar “exit fee” for each school leaving. This is part of why the 6 schools B12 has been in talks with are waiting for the exclusive negotiation window to end before jumping. Every week equals $675k in tv money

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 3h
Pac12 can also legally suspend or terminate USC and UCLA from the conference now if they so choose-per chapter 2 section 4 of the bylaws

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 3h
I’m getting all this Pac12 info from a new source that is feeding me info through dms here-I’m trying to corroborate it all by reading the bylaws myself but it’s late and that’s a lot of reading

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 3h
So I reached out to my main source and his response is slightly different than what my Pac12 source is saying.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 3h
My main source said that it’s the Pac12 network monies that are forfeited which is only 33% of the total monies that are distributed to the schools. So if he’s correct that would be a much smaller financial impact on schools leaving.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 3h
But he’s saying Pac12 absolutely can terminate or suspend the schools leaving, dropping them off the schedules and keeping those schools from generating revenue. But….

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 3h
…they would do so at the expense of the entire conference because the networks could then withhold a certain percentage of monies based on what those schools games are worth.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 3h
So depending on which source is correct on this it’s either a $24m or $70m “exit fee” for schools leaving.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
Even if the exit cost is $24m then if 8 total schools leave that’s almost $200m for the remaining four to split for a nice one time payday. Consolation prize?

Reaction Score
What a bunch of garbage. Culture? Student Athlete welfare? If either of those two things mattered UCLA and USC would not have been invited.

Reaction Score
This process will become more political the bigger that the SEC and B1G get.

You're going to have people looking at Washington, DC and estimating what it's going to take for the two conferences to retain their monopoly power.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Do we look into a B12 open? I’m on the fence.
Why do people keep asking this question? The answer is always the same…
Cbs No GIF by HULU

Reaction Score
Throw out the old criteria of Big Ten expansion. The current version includes the following: academics and culture, student-athlete welfare, competition, and logistics, commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion in sports; financial sustainability

based on that, the no chance in hell list includes from the Pac 12 includes Arizona, Colorado, Arizona State, Washington State, Oregon State, Utah.

For the Big 12, the only current member that would even have a remote chance is Kansas. TCU = no research, small student body, as an example.

For the ACC the only ones with a chance when using the criteria are Miami, Georgia Tech, Pitt, Duke, UNC, VA Tech, UVA and an extremely low chance for Clemson (less than 5% chance, IMO).

Top 20 TV markets through Big Ten and SEC teams only. FOX has full control of 8. ESPN has control of 5. FOX has the top 4. By adding Stanford, WA, OR..FOX would have full control of 11 vs 5. That would be a massive difference.

The reason TV markets still matter to some level is population centers. The more people there are in a city, the more people who should be watching games. The strategic mistake that the SEC has done is they didn't leave their normal footprint, besides Texas, in the last 20 yrs

Oklahoma + Texas is basically Texas since OU is close to Dallas. I forgot Missouri in my previous tweet. That was a dumb addition. Misouri hasn't added anything to the SEC. ..cont

It's possible ACC schools could get out of the GOR in the coming years, but let's assume they go to 2030 at least. Since 2000, the SEC will have only added 2 top 20 TV markets. The Big Ten since, 2000 has added 3..cont

If the Big Ten adds OR, WA, Stanford, they will have added 6 top TV markets. As I go over the data, the media has to be getting filled with a ton of intential misinformation being fed to them. Why t he f would the Big Ten not add the other 4 top 20 TV markets???

Because if you add OR, Stanford/Cal, and WA to go with USC + UCLA, you have blocked out the SEC for any major market out west. Sure there is Phoenix and Denver, but those will be controlled by the big 12/pac...cont

FOX/Big Ten will then have forced/boxed in the SEC to be a regionalized conference for the rest of our lives. If the SEC wants to take an Oregon State or dumb sh like that, more power to them. But FOX/Big Ten is willing the market size battle = dollars.

Then you add in Notre Dame with a national audience. Eventually, you take a school in Virginia, Florida and North Carolina and then share the major markets with whatever happens out east when it's all done and over. Mulitple bidders and winners = more money too.

Thus, all FOX/Big Ten need to do is lock down Notre Dame, the three schools out west, then hang tight for several years until the states of Virginia, North Carolina, Georiga and Florida come available. FOX is then national in almost every major TV market in the country.

Yes, from a TV sub perspective this isn't going to make much of a difference since FOX is OTA and FS1 is available for anyone that wants it, but the point is more than that...it's a foot print and you get more people watching your channels = more ad revenue.

Thus, people can say the ESPN and SEC TV deal is sexy and will pay a sh load of money, and it will, but it will be 10 years of now further growth than what is already in the contracts. Why the SEC was stupid to go all in with one network we will never know. It's dumb.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 3h
Pac12 will be filing an injunction against USC and UCLA on Monday to begin the process of withholding their tv earning from now until August of 2024.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 3h
This would equate to roughly a $70m dollar “exit fee” for each school leaving. This is part of why the 6 schools B12 has been in talks with are waiting for the exclusive negotiation window to end before jumping. Every week equals $675k in tv money

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 3h
Pac12 can also legally suspend or terminate USC and UCLA from the conference now if they so choose-per chapter 2 section 4 of the bylaws

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 3h
I’m getting all this Pac12 info from a new source that is feeding me info through dms here-I’m trying to corroborate it all by reading the bylaws myself but it’s late and that’s a lot of reading

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 3h
So I reached out to my main source and his response is slightly different than what my Pac12 source is saying.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 3h
My main source said that it’s the Pac12 network monies that are forfeited which is only 33% of the total monies that are distributed to the schools. So if he’s correct that would be a much smaller financial impact on schools leaving.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 3h
But he’s saying Pac12 absolutely can terminate or suspend the schools leaving, dropping them off the schedules and keeping those schools from generating revenue. But….

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 3h
…they would do so at the expense of the entire conference because the networks could then withhold a certain percentage of monies based on what those schools games are worth.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 3h
So depending on which source is correct on this it’s either a $24m or $70m “exit fee” for schools leaving.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 2h
Even if the exit cost is $24m then if 8 total schools leave that’s almost $200m for the remaining four to split for a nice one time payday. Consolation prize?

What a load of nonsense. Who are these idiots?

Reaction Score
Source: "Notre Dames's first choice to join them in the Big Ten would not be Stanford, it's North Carolina."

Source: "Notre Dame has already made their choice and they made it more than a year ago. They know what they want to do. For whatever reason, they are going to wait for a while to do what they already know they will do."

Source: "The latest that is being discussed privately is the Big Ten and SEC break away from the NCAA and the rest will stay behind and have their own playoff with the current G5."

Source: "Phil Knight knows what the SEC and Big Ten want to do, it's why he is going to spend a lot of money, through donations to endowments, sweeten current Nicke contracts, and more, to get into the Big Ten."

Source: "The SEC and Big Ten would hire a league commissioner, an NIL regulatory body would be put into place, roster sizes will increase, along with staff."

Source: "Based on what the current conversations are, don't expect a clean break of 20 schools each for the SEC and Big Ten. Either school would be willing to work with an odd number and make the schedules work."

That should be conferences, not school

Source: "The Big Ten is going to rebrand to be known as the national conference. It's early in those discussions. Nobody knows if they will do a logo change, name change, or what they will do right now, but change is coming."

1 thing makes me scratch my head - Stanford. They haven't said a word. Nobody talks about them and the Big Ten. The Big Ten took the academic and athletic powers of USC + UCLA. Stanford wins the cup almost every yr, academic/research power. Just sitting there. What gives?

college football fan@Genetics56 · 2h
TCU + Big Ten??? What the hell is going on????

There is no way in hell you take TCU without taking Oregon first. I know Fox may want a Texas presence, but you also need to be smart about this if you want to do a total takeover and box the SEC in.

Notre Dame, Stanford, Oregon and TCU to 20 according to the folks at the Texas 247 site. That would explain the Stanford silence. Then they can get to 24 once the ACC schools become available. That puts FOX into all regions of the USA after ACC acquistions.

They say TCU draws better in the Dallas metroplex than the other Texas schools for TV viewing. That would be why FOX is looking at it.

To be clear, I'm not saying TCU info is real. I'm simply sharing what others are saying. The TCU info is NOT from anyone that I speak with. It's never even been mentioned. I have serious doubts on the TCU info being real.

Mh ver3@MH ver3 · 5h
Got some clarification on those Pac12 bylaws from my regular B12 source: leaving teams only forfeit revenues if they leave prior to August 2024. Pac12 can file an injunction if they choose but it would be a slippery slope if they wanted to do that and suspend those teams.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 5h
So there is no exit penalty at all as long as the teams stay until 2024.

MH ver3@MH ver3 · 5h
So it actually may be in the interest of any teams left if the Pac12 gets further picked apart to go ahead and vote to dissolve the conference and sell off the assets.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
What a load of nonsense. Who are these idiots?

It's a guilty pleasure reading these tweets. Guilty pleasure like eating a pint of Haagen Daas while reading up on how to lose weight and improve your health guilty.

I'll say this. The premise that the B1G will now have a dominant presence in the northeast, midwest and California compared to all other conferences in those areas is true. The state of Texas is out of play for the B1G. The deep south is out of play too and I don't know if the B1G would ever want any of those schools anyway (Save for Alabama).

Where it gets interesting for the B1G is the lower Mid-Atlantic and east coast south. That is why I think UVA, UNC, and GT are all strong desires for the B1G. Well over 20M new viewers in that area plus plenty of B1G alums working it.

State of Florida is a wild card. I think the U is way overrated- small school size, not much fan base support unless team is top 10, etc. UF obviously isn't going anywhere and no way UCF or USF even sniff the B1G. Could the B1G take a peak under the hood of FSU? IDK. It's a better school than the Free Shoes U reputation in the 80's. Not AAU but it is an R1 research school and USNWR has it as #19 public school and #55 overall (And yes, I know there are issues with USNWR rankings).

A combo of UVA, UNC, GT and FSU would give the B1G the best grouping of schools from NYC all the way to the southern tip of Florida.

Reaction Score
FSU has announced that they have sold out their allotment of 30,000 tickets for the LSU game in New Orleans (FSU's 2nd game and New Orleans is a supposed neutral site).

Good advertising.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom