Non-Key Tweets | Page 759 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score

Stewart Mandel
@slmandel

My TV data-driven story today on the future of the Big 12's other 8 schools. Charts like this are why it's going to be tough for any to land an invite to the ACC/B1G/Pac. https://theathletic.com/2731657/2021/07/27/mandel-big-12s-tv-numbers-explain-divide-between-texas-oklahoma-and-the-rest-and-why-remaining-8-should-worry/… Subscribe for 50% off.
1:55 PM · Jul 27, 2021·TweetDeck
as a point of comparison, i would be curious to know the average tv audience for uconn (even back when we were in big east if that is a fairer comparison). anyone know where to get that data?

Reaction Score
Lol, well if a fan board doesn't have us in I guess we should shut down the whole program.

(BTW, was your comment relevant to my post? What, you couldn't wait for someone to actually say UConn was a candidate before you shot your load?) :rolleyes:
My post was not inaccurate. It is what was posted on the ND board. I thought it odd that they would have the likes of coastal carolina on the list potential ACC invites, along with some AAC members and no mention of UConn. Like all fan boards, there is much hyperbole and speculation and that is understood. I don't care who is posting, to be not in the conversation is not a very good thing in my opinion. I am waiting for UConn's invite to the B1G to "shoot". I guess I struck a nerve to have you get so "testy".

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
My post was not inaccurate. It is what was posted on the ND board. I thought it odd that they would have the likes of coastal carolina on the list potential ACC invites, along with some AAC members and no mention of UConn. Like all fan boards, there is much hyperbole and speculation and that is understood. I don't care who is posting, to be not in the conversation is not a very good thing in my opinion. I am waiting for UConn's invite to the B1G to "shoot". I guess I struck a nerve to have you get so "testy".
I because I laughed at the fact that your post was entirely irrelevant to mine? Lol.

#trollbetter

Reaction Score
SWAI MVILLE Satellite
@GSw aim
Replying to
@GSw aim
Updated pod talk with Arizona beat writer tells me that both of the Arizona schools would very likely be in a pod with #Utes and #Buffs, while #OKState, #TexasTech, #KState and whomever the fourth #Big12 refugee is would be in another pod. Said new commish "just blowing smoke".

10:46 PM · Jul 27, 2021 from Oklahoma, USA·Twitter for Android

Reaction Score
B1G adds: UCONN, Kansas, UCLA, USC, Stanford, and Cal to get to a 20 team super conference with four 5-team divisions
The remains of the Big 12 and Pac 12 combine into a new western conference
WV joins the ACC or AAC
No chance we go before Colorado and Oregon. A Big 24 gets us in. That's if they want an Eastern Division.

Reaction Score

He does not need a job, he lives off residuals…

1627570140269.jpeg

Reaction Score
Regarding the first rule of conference realignment (UConn gets screwed). if AAC picks up the Big 12 leftovers and that leads to a higher paying tv contract for the AAC after we left then all should be right in the world. The first rule lives again.

Reaction Score

Of course it’s counterintuitive if your looking at the best possible product.
Of course if your a Disney Bean Counter
devaluating the B12 and adding
WVA
OSU
Kansas
Baylor
Maybe even 2 more to the AAC is less costly
That move enables you to get those schools significantly cheaper than the sane way.
If I where in the B12 who will be cash heavy
I’d offer Aresco the Conference President job plus a signing bonus
to sell out ECU, Temple, Tulane , Tulsa , and maybe one or two more and merge the rest
That would be a less drastic hair cut for the B12 schools and decent bump for the AAC survivors. It will cost more money and Aresco can claim P5 .
Adding, Cinncy, Houston, SMU , Memphis , to the mix makes it a 7-8 team BB tourney contender.

Reaction Score
WVA
OSU
Kansas
Baylor
That move enables you to get those schools significantly cheaper than the sane way.
to sell out ECU, Temple, Tulane , Tulsa , and maybe one or two more and merge the rest
That would be a less drastic hair cut for the B12 schools and decent bump for the AAC survivors. It will cost more money and Aresco can claim P5 .
Adding, Cinncy, Houston, SMU , Memphis , to the mix makes it a 7-8 team BB tourney contender.
Someone else would step in before ESPN. All they need to do is get to 10, and Fox sees that it will be starved the way things are going, so it would go for the B12. ESPN is not going to have its feelings hurt by Bowlsby either, so I see no reason for the B12 to do anything other than add 2. If it were me, I'd add BYU and UCF and then call it a day.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
WVA
OSU
Kansas
Baylor
Easier to give the AAC a raise then break the contract for the big 12 to give them a cut, unless there is an out clause for losing OU and Texas.

Reaction Score
This iteration of realignment appears to be about conference’s adding content people want to watch. Adding highly recognizable national brands is the best way to accomplish this. Perhaps the next best option is adding rivalry games.

The Big 12 is not going to be able to add a national brand. I accordingly wonder if focusing on existing or potential rivalries isn’t their long-term best option. And rivalries tend to exist or emerge among geographically nearby schools.

Perhaps adding a couple teams from a pool of proximate schools like Houston, Tulane, and Memphis might be a better than adding another geographic outlier?

Reaction Score
Easier to give the AAC a raise then break the contract for the big 12 to give them a cut, unless there is an out clause for losing OU and Texas.
There has to be a clause in the contract saying that any material change to membership allows FOX to get out/change the payout.

Otherwise the 8 remaining teams would throw UT/OK out now and chop up their shares. It would give the remaining 8 a raise until 2025 when the deal expires

Reaction Score
There has to be a clause in the contract saying that any material change to membership allows FOX to get out/change the payout.

Otherwise the 8 remaining teams would throw UT/OK out now and chop up their shares. It would give the remaining 8 a raise until 2025 when the deal expires
Not seeing any incentive for the B12 schools to do anything but soak up the remaining money. A reckoning is coming but unless there's enough media money and it's allowed by contract to raid 2-4 AAC teams they're stuck. How does that even work? Who is their media partner. Like the ACC is stuck by contract. Everyone waits for the Big 10 to make a move that may or may not involve the PAC. If that happens PAC leftovers come into the mix. I'm onboard with Flugs on that and I'll go down with the ship. Maybe.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom