Non-Key Tweets | Page 147 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

Reaction Score
That is too sweet a deal to cut a G5 school. They could offer a spot in their conference and offer to pay what your currently getting and they know your not saying no. No leverage from a G5 school.

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 2h 2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV A big example of why Big 12 will not get the CCG waiver. Big 12 wants the short term advantages of being a conf of 10 members..

@theDudeofWV. ...by receiving the base bowl payout of 50 million (same with every conference) while getting the advantages of larger conf...

@theDudeofWV. ...by having a CCG without the need to slice the pie at 12 or more. Slive, Scott and Delany will vote this waiver down

@theDudeofWV Big 12 payouts that are trumpeted by many are based on short term planning. Im starting to understand why no expansion.....

@theDudeofWV. ...= no committment to the Big 12 by Texas and Oklahoma. Im convinced. So enjoy the pot sliced by only 10..dies not =stability

@theDudeofWV The Big 12 is not going to get all the advantages of being a conference of 10....and get all the advantages of being 12 or >

If Bowlsby gets the SEC to agree that the Big 12 gets to have a CCG without going to 12 members Bowlsby has pictures.

@theDudeofWV Of course Texas and Oklahoma is in the Big 12 until 2025....but 2026 will happen. Big 12 is not making "100 year decisions"...

@theDudeofWV Big 12 economic pie will not grow at same rate with other P5 conf. So the Big 12 payouts which you site are short lived good

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 1h 1 hour ago
@theDudeofWV @dennisdoddcbs @McMurphyESPN Delany, Scott and Slive are not going to let The Big 12 get the milk without having to pay for cow

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 57m 57 minutes ago
@theDudeofWV @expansion_crush @dennisdoddcbs @McMurphyESPN Big 12 only wants the pros of not expanding. Delany/Scott/Slive will say nope

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 6h6 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @Hindstr4 @expansion_crush Part of deregulation B1G wants is for a school not having to play against all schools in same div..

@theDudeofWV @Hindstr4 @expansion_crush ..every year. So if Big West goes to 9 schools Minnesota could still only play 7 in West (3 in east)

@theDudeofWV @Hindstr4 @expansion_crush Why?.....this deregulation would help expansion greatly. SEC also wants this part of deregulation.

@DrewOSU42 @theDudeofWV @Hindstr4 @expansion_crush Yes of course Big Ten wants Texas and Oklahoma....but at this point UT has no interest...

‏@flugempire 6h6 hours ago
@DrewOSU42 @theDudeofWV @Hindstr4 @expansion_crush Without interest from Texas Big Ten is only interested in Eastern Eyeballs for BTN $

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
@Manny_Insanity @flugempire http://m.740thegame.com/onair/open-mike-40566/on-demand-big-xii-commissioner-bob-13083799/

Greg Flugaur‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @Manny_Insanity Bowlsby is delusional in this interview

Larry Walker ‏@Manny_Insanity 4h4 hours ago
@flugempire @theDudeofWV Bowlsby knows exactly what he's talking about.

Greg Flugaur ‏@flugempire 4h4 hours ago
@Manny_Insanity @theDudeofWV I hope Big 12 keeps him as " their 1 true commish". Good luck

Christopher Lambert ‏@theDudeofWV 4h4 hours ago
@Manny_Insanity You keep seeing ghosts when they are really the illusions of faith.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 4h 4 hours ago
Dont get me wrong, all these P5 Commish sound delusional from time to time...its there job to pump sunshine when there is rain

Reaction Score
If eastern eyeballs for BTN, we need to get our house in order as quickly as possible. This includes extending an already strong academic profile.

Anyone else find it amusing that dude is accusing someone of making up bullspit.

Reaction Score
To keep our kook twitterati in perspective...I present this from the archives...two years ago.

TuxedoYoda
12 posts this site
05/15/2012

The decisions have already been made. FSU is coming to the Big 12. They won't be alone in evacuating the ACC.

All kidding aside, it is impossible to be a top tier football program and to remain a member of the ACC.

Reaction Score
To keep our kook twitterati in perspective...I present this from the archives...two years ago.

TuxedoYoda
12 posts this site
05/15/2012

The decisions have already been made. FSU is coming to the Big 12. They won't be alone in evacuating the ACC.

All kidding aside, it is impossible to be a top tier football program and to remain a member of the ACC.
Yes, if you continue to go unbeaten. However a 1 loss FSU would have been ranked 6th or 7th.

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda @TuxedoYoda · 4h 4 hours ago
Was told new Big 12 teams would be announced between National title game & National signing day. UCF, Cinci, Memphis being discussed.

I'm sure it'll be anybody but UConn, especially after the dismal season we just had. Still can't believe Memphis is such a hot commodity all of the sudden. Before this season, they hadn't been relevant in six years.

Reaction Score
I'm sure it'll be anybody but UConn, especially after the dismal season we just had. Still can't believe Memphis is such a hot commodity all of the sudden. Before this season, they hadn't been relevant in six years.

Does Memphis even control is local TV market for football with Ole Miss being really close by?

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Does Memphis even control is local TV market for football with Ole Miss being really close by?

Memphis doesn't control its own market with schools Tennessee and Vanderbilt in the same state. Heck, MTSU may have as much presence in their market as Memphis does.

If Memphis gets a P5 invite ahead of UCONN, I will give up watching college sports (I've been wanting to cut the cable cord anyway) and continuously throw up in my mouth and swallow until I go blind.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Memphis doesn't control its own market with schools Tennessee and Vanderbilt in the same state. Heck, MTSU may have as much presence in their market as Memphis does.

If Memphis gets a P5 invite ahead of UCONN, I will give up watching college sports (I've been wanting to cut the cable cord anyway) and continuously throw up in my mouth and swallow until I go blind.
Otto Delaney?!?!?

dayooper

It's what I do. I drink and I know things.
Reaction Score
Every time I read this stuff, I get that awful pit in my stomach, and have to remind myself it's just some star wars character in a tuxedo, or a toothless hick in his mom's basement.

Tuxedo Yoda is one of the least credible sources out there. IMO, he's worse than The Dude, and that's saying something.

Reaction Score
Tuxedo Yoda is one of the least credible sources out there. IMO, he's worse than The Dude, and that's saying something.
I hope that he is not correct in leaving UConn out of the picture. I would hope that Warde is burning up phone lines and making reservations to be in the hotel where the B12 convention is with all necessary lobbying information. If it is the last lifeboat out, UConn better be on it.

Reaction Score
The prospect of Cincy & Memphis ahead of UConn in CR is truly stomach curdling if true. From BG12 perspective only thing they may have over UConn are location& idea that football matters to people in Tenn & Ohio but not so much in New England. A false assumption especially if you include TV eyeballs of NYC metro region. Memphis State over UConn....dear God wake me from this nightmare. Can the ACC or BG10 have some mercy and rescue us from the prospect of Temple becoming our biggest rival....1 day of that is 1 day too much let alone 2-3 years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Don't be so quick to dismiss Temple. We take the stairs and they take the subway. Plus they just tar and feathered Kansas.

Reaction Score
Don't be so quick to dismiss Temple. We take the stairs and they take the subway. Plus they just tar and feathered Kansas.
I love Temple....they are a wonderful program....but if it's UConn & Temple on an island with SMU and the other misfits...not so much.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Has there ever been a non-media twitter account to break actual CR news? Chip Brown doesn't count, I think he has media credentials and is a de facto mouthpiece for UT's administration. Closest I can think of is UConnMoney though his(/her) sources didn't have the political links to predict the ACC's eventual decision.

Reaction Score
I hope that he is not correct in leaving UConn out of the picture. I would hope that Warde is burning up phone lines and making reservations to be in the hotel where the B12 convention is with all necessary lobbying information. If it is the last lifeboat out, UConn better be on it.
If Texas adds those teams without UConn, than they are just biding time.
If the long range goal is to save the B12 only Connecticut can help them with that.
If they really were strategic thinkers ,add Cinn, UConn, and any two of
Memphis,Temple,UCF, or BYU.

They just went from a regional to a National Conference. And doubled their potentential viewership
I don't think WVA would mind the eastern company especially their BB fans.

Reaction Score
Hers a few reasons why the Big 12 would add UCONN over Cincy, Memphis and really any school being mentioned.
#1 the DMA
#2 academics - UCONN is a very high research institution with stong state backing. UConn ranks higher than any other school mentioned.
#3 it's a public school that fits the profile of other BXII schools. All other schools mentioned are largely private commuter schools with the exception of UCF. UCONN fits the mold of an ACC school IMO.
Many of the P5 schools don't deserve to be in the P5. The ones that don't deserve to be there are schools that aren't willing to make the investment necessary to be competitive. They are content to cash checks because they're grandfathered into the P5. I'm talking to you Purdue and Wake Forrest. Of the 65 P5 schools, only about 20 make a profit on their own before TV revenue is kicked in. So, somehow, the fact that UCONN would be instantly profitable gets so few mentions befuddles me. The Big Ten, ACC, & Big12 should be tripping over themselves to invite UConn.
I'm a fan of the Hoosiers and Butler Bulldogs and would LOVE to see UConn/Butler/IU games every year. I've said many times that my first preference is to see Oklahoma and Kansas to be the next members to join the Big Ten. I think it makes more sense to have those 2 because they're in the Midwest. But if the Big Ten is serious about the NE and NYC markets they shouldn't hesitate to invite UConn.

Reaction Score
BTW, I've only been to Connecticut once. I stayed in the Marriott in downtown New Haven. I was surprised at how urban and populous it was. People were out walking everywhere. It's not like that in Indiana unless you're at a park or hiking trail. I had a guy ask me for a cigarette outside and he mentioned my southern drawl. Up to that day I didn't know I had a southern drawl.

pj

Reaction Score
Pretty discerning bum to recognize a southern Indiana accent. Probably dropped out from the Yale linguistics program. There's a lot of down-on-their-luck linguists in New Haven.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom