Non-Key Tweets | Page 146 | The Boneyard

Non-Key Tweets

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Which one of you guys is Ham Wallet? Sounds like an echo of M-H-V.

@HamsWallet · 4h 4 hours ago
Sources from Memphis are telling me UCF and Memphis are filing paperwork to withdraw from the AAC.

@98bearcat · 3h 3 hours ago
@TuxedoYoda How you miss scoop Yoda?@HamsWallet :Sources from Memphis saying UCF and Memphis are filing paperwork to withdraw from the AAC.

@HamsWallet · 1h 1 hour ago
More from intern in Dr Rudd's office: Memphis and UCF will have to wait on invite, but preliminary interest from Big 12 member schools "yes"

@HamsWallet · 13m 13 minutes ago
Really big trouble in AAC. Winners of the last two conference championships, and last BCS winner will be leaving the conference.

My take... who the heck lets interns in on presidential level maneuvers? And isn't paperwork to leave a conference something you can leave until the press conference is scheduled? Just my 2 cents.

Reaction Score
Which one of you guys is Ham Wallet? Sounds like an echo of M-H-V.

My take... who the heck lets interns in on presidential level maneuvers? And isn't paperwork to leave a conference something you can leave until the press conference is scheduled? Just my 2 cents.

Considering I have more followers than "HamsWallet" I'm gonna take this as 100% false

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Memphis bring absolutely NOTHING to the table for any Power conference. They don't bring $20M/yr. They don't bring football prestige. They don't bring basketball prestige (save for a vacated Final 4 run). They are a 3rd thought (maybe 4th) within their own state behind Tenn, Vandy and MTSU.

If the FedEx dude can get that steaming pile of dung into a power conference based on 1 good football season and corporate sponsorship (aka buying their way in), then I am done following college sports. Cutting the cable cord and only attending UCONN games live. I'll stream the rest of the UCONN games online.

The only schools worth considering are: BYU, Cinci, UCONN, and UCF. If the B12 takes anyone other than those 4, then Bowlsby really is as dumb as we all think.

Reaction Score
Yes, it's almost kind of funny that such a big move would request paperwork. They make it sound like registering for social security. Huggins on the other hand is interesting. He's still very connected to Cincinnati, and has been known to let things slip for reasons we are familiar with. Maybe he gave them forms from when wv left the big east. ha.

Reaction Score
One thing that's interesting is that Lambert has been adamant about no expansion, however, he seems to have run with this. Kind of hints at what we already know in that he knows very little and completely speculates.

pj

Reaction Score

They would have lawyers prepare paperwork in advance so that they can act expeditiously when the time comes. They will prepare paperwork even if there is no certainty of its necessity. If the interns are handling it and haven't been instructed not to leak, the paperwork is probably mainly precautionary and unlikely ever to be used.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
They would have lawyers prepare paperwork in advance so that they can act expeditiously when the time comes. They will prepare paperwork even if there is no certainty of its necessity. If the interns are handling it and haven't been instructed not to leak, the paperwork is probably mainly precautionary and unlikely ever to be used.
I guess that makes sense.

Reaction Score
I would bet UCONN has already prepared paperwork for leaving the AAC to any P5. We can only hope.

Reaction Score
Just for the record, BC has 5 NC's in hockey. Not 4 as was mentioned earlier.

Nobody-cares-spongebob.jpg

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 2h2 hours ago
@theDudeofWV 13-0 always better than 12-0 12-1 always better than 11-1 I dont doubt for a second Big 12 has no plans to expand. Big mistake

@theDudeofWV Overall Big 12 is handicapped by their structure.....and its built on quick sand

I love Big 12 football. Love the additions of TCU-Baylor-WVU. The fan bases is what makes the conference special.

But the conference footprint will not hold up. Does anyone truly belive the SEC/ACC/Big 10 are done expanding? If you do you're wrong.

Short term Big Ten universities lost a bit of BTN money already guaranteed to them when they added Rutgers and Maryland. It didnt matter...

Not every decision can be based on short term economics.....so......the decision not to expand is either based upon zero sum economic......

....thinking....or the decision is based upon Texas and Oklahoma sill leave if possible additions were actually made to the Big 12 roster...

Either way it shows off an unhealthy Big 12. And please dont tell me about the current Big 12 payouts....its fools gold.

BYU would be a BOOM!....to the economics of the Big 12 years from now. Orlando is their to be taken by the Big 12. Big mistake Big 12

Do people actually think Delany and Slive sweat at night thinking about thier latest expansion moves? Do you think they regret the decision?

The biggest hurdle has to be Oklahoma & Texas. Because if its based on short term economics.....big trouble ahead either way.

UCF following is real.....look at the bowl tickets rhat have been sold.....look at Orlando tv ratings.....look at BYU national tv ratings

Big Ten & SEC gained big markets and they monetize their big markets to the benefits of the whole conference. Big 12 believes.....

.....thier pie is fine and its about cutting into 10 slices vs 12. Foolish thinking......or Texas/Oklahoma is saying no or else.

As I tweeted out last week "Oklahoma Contacts" didnt believe anying was going on in terms of expansion. Long term bad news for Big 12

Reaction Score
... but, but, but ... 6 sailing wins!

When UConn wins a NCAA hockey title, the Huskies can put a few sailboats on Coventry Lake and the hurricane force hot air blowing down from Chestnut Hill would propel UConn to one of those titles as well :cool:

Reaction Score
Home & Away schedule/grid for next 4 years. I guess that confirms it. AAC is where we'll be.
http://theamerican.org/documents/2014/12/17/Football_Matrix_2015-18_watermarked.pdf

2 B1G games already scheduled each in 2019 & 2020? Hmmm....
The following is UConn’s future non-conference schedule of games under contract:
2015: September 3, Villanova; September 12, Army; September 19, at Missouri; October 2, at BYU
2016: September 3, Maine; September 10, at UMass (Gillette Stadium), September 17, Virginia
2017: September 2, UMass, September 9, Holy Cross; September 16, at Virginia; September 23, Missouri
2018: September 8, at Boise State
2019: September 7, Illinois; September 21, at Indiana
2020: September 12, at Illinois; September 26, Indiana

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Home & Away schedule/grid for next 4 years. I guess that confirms it. AAC is where we'll be.
http://theamerican.org/documents/2014/12/17/Football_Matrix_2015-18_watermarked.pdf

The following is UConn’s future non-conference schedule of games under contract:
2015: September 3, Villanova; September 12, Army; September 19, at Missouri; October 2, at BYU
2016: September 3, Maine; September 10, at UMass (Gillette Stadium), September 17, Virginia
2017: September 2, UMass, September 9, Holy Cross; September 16, at Virginia; September 23, Missouri

Another trip to the new high school stadium at Tulane next year....ugh!

I wish we would have Navy next year since we already have Army. It's tough to get ready for their offense when you play one game a year. Playing 2 games against the option would give us a chance to be better prepared

Reaction Score
Another trip to the new high school stadium at Tulane next year....ugh!

I wish we would have Navy next year since we already have Army. It's tough to get ready for their offense when you play one game a year. Playing 2 games against the option would give us a chance to be better prepared
We do play Navy at home next year, but I have a feeling the result will be the same.

Reaction Score

At least the away games are reasonable, relatively for the AAC. Temple is drivable. Cincinnati is an old rival and only a 90 minute flight. UCF is a reasonable trip to a decent city, maybe I will get lucky and can find a work reason to be in Orlando at that time. Small stadium or not, really want to get my crew together for a New Orleans adventure and teh Tulane game looks promising. Hope to definitely go to the navy game the following year. May even bring my wife; but, she'll leave me in a second for some young, tall, guy in uniform :)

Reaction Score
Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 8h 8 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @davidubben @tech_aj Big 12 TV ratings = poor. Must expand footprint so you can demand better seat at table with FOX/ESPN

@theDudeofWV @tech_aj @davidubben Big 12 can't go to future against the other P4 with this small of footprint. Exposure will always suck.

@theDudeofWV @tech_aj @davidubben Big 12 will never gain leverage in negotiations with this footprint.The risk needs to be taken my goodness

Doug ‏@NebGradDubDub · 8h8 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @flugempire @davidubben @tech_aj Texas and Oklahoma don't need nor want expansion that's it.

@NebGradDubDub @theDudeofWV @davidubben @tech_aj Yep. But the end result is Big 12 will wither on a vine.

Greg Flugaur @flugempire · 7h 7 hours ago
@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub @davidubben @tech_aj If you think Big 12 is going to be in a good position to negotiate with TV in 2025...nope

@theDudeofWV @NebGradDubDub @davidubben @tech_aj Big 12 can be saved and prosper...but it has to expand footprint....period...or its doomed

Current Big 12 schools deserved better than this..way better. Short time zero sum economic thinking in Big 12 will make it die a slow death.

You can be sure if Big 12 does not expand its footprint years before 2025 (bad negotiation position) schools won get good TV value.

All this can only mean Oklahoma and Texas have a foot out the door.....or people who run the Big 12 are not worthy to run the conference.

Big 12 needs to be in more than 5 states. Especially when the SEC Network is invading the state of Texas. Wake up Big 12 leadership

pj

Reaction Score
As he says, if the B12 doesn't expand, it means they are milking the current contract for the largest per-school payouts and each school is planning to auction themselves to the highest bidder at contract expiration. Highest bidders for Texas/Oklahoma/Kansas are going to be SEC/B1G/Pac/ACC, not a consortium of Baylor/TCU/TT/Ok State/Kan State/Iowa State. Those schools just can't offer what B1G or SEC can.

pj

Reaction Score
I have to say, the only way I see B12 expansion working is this:

UConn and BYU (largest markets) agree to come in for reduced payouts, e.g. $6 mn per year, but minimal exit fee and no GoR and short exit notice. They get a slight uptick in income, more bowl/NCAA credit revenue, and a big uptick in competition and visibility, while retaining freedom to go elsewhere.

B12 keeps its current per-school payouts due to CCG revenue and the affordable payout to UConn/BYU. BYU currently gets about $6 mn from its ESPN contract, UConn $2 mn from its ESPN/AAC deal, so the new cash from networks is only $4 mn, Fox is gaining markets, and ESPN chips in its share as a favor to the state of CT.

The B12 is still milking the contract and planning to auction itself in 10 years, but they gain more national visibility, including exposure in northeast markets. It's money-neutral for everybody with potential benefits in merchandise/exposure.

Last edited:

pj

Reaction Score
@pj, I like it but I don't think they go for no GOR.

If they're indifferent between a 10-team and 12-team league, why not? You could say that if one leaves the other gets a pay cut and you go back to the old contract.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom