No sellout tomorrow? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

No sellout tomorrow?

Reaction Score
Now its displaying tix buying options. There are 14 tickets left on the Gampel map. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 2021-11-09 14_31_59-Window.png
    2021-11-09 14_31_59-Window.png
    55.1 KB · Views: 75

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Give the students a break this year. If UConn is anything like a few northeastern colleges I know, a lot of them are suffering from Covid, flu and bad head colds right now. Dorms are a war zone. Those of you who are parents with kids away in dorms, check in with them. Crazy.

Have done. Daughter came home sick two weeks ago. Was home this weekend (funeral) and was sick again. Says everyone at NU is sick. Tested for Covid every week, it's not that.

A friend's daughter who is a freshman at UConn said students get free tickets? There's no lottery anymore? I'd like to think students alone would sell out Gampel for every game if free and available.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
To be honest, I strongly feel UConn should save a minimum of 40% of seats for students in Gampel - there is nothing like a home court packed with crazy students - nice and loud but have to be tactfully creative

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Love the CCSU fan coming in here spitting facts out left and right then the game near selling out by tip. Connecticut is so alive
In fairness, his point was that the attendance tonight is a UConn-driven issue, not a CCSU-driven issue, and I agree with that.

As it turns out, it's not an issue at all; and that fact owes nothing to CCSU, either.

Reaction Score
. Ned will give amnesty for all misdemeanors tonight!

Reaction Score
To be honest, I strongly feel UConn should save a minimum of 40% of seats for students in Gampel - there is nothing like a home court packed with crazy students - nice and loud but have to be tactfully creative
Yeah but that $$$ thing. That being said, as always, alot more season tix were being bought in Hartford, so the space might be there.
This is from Uconn a couple of weeks ago:

1636489743528.png

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score

Unfortunately, the student section is not what it used to be.

I graduated in 2010, and during my tenure there, it was a real challenge to get student tickets and arrive early enough to get good seats.

After graduation, I continued to purchase student tickets for almost 5 years... and it got easier and easier. Other students were always selling and I continued to purchase until I lost my student ID. Aside from the occasional big game, the student section was rarely full or close to it... not anything like the years I attended.

So while it's nice to say "save more seats for the students for a better atmosphere", the reality is that the demographics of the school have changed dramatically over the years. There's a 0% chance I would have gotten admitted into UConn my senior year due to rising academic standards... I think that plays into the reduced student attendance and fanaticism quite a bit.

Reaction Score
Watch Matthew McConaughey on Hot Ones interview. We all know what can be done to maximize student craziness. The brass just won’t do it

Reaction Score

I graduated in 2010, and during my tenure there, it was a real challenge to get student tickets and arrive early enough to get good seats.

After graduation, I continued to purchase student tickets for almost 5 years... and it got easier and easier. Other students were always selling and I continued to purchase until I lost my student ID. Aside from the occasional big game, the student section was rarely full or close to it... not anything like the years I attended.

So while it's nice to say "save more seats for the students for a better atmosphere", the reality is that the demographics of the school have changed dramatically over the years. There's a 0% chance I would have gotten admitted into UConn my senior year due to rising academic standards... I think that plays into the reduced student attendance and fanaticism quite a bit.
I agree with the point that increasing student seats might not be the best idea since student attendance has been down in past years, but I don't think we can point to increasing academic standards as a reason for that.

Duke, UNC get great student attendance and are great academic institutions.

Reaction Score
I agree with the point that increasing student seats might not be the best idea since student attendance has been down in past years, but I don't think we can point to increasing academic standards as a reason for that.

Dookies would throw up in their mouths reading your last sentence.

Keep up the good work!!

Reaction Score
It was a great atmosphere. My son is a student at UConn now and he got there right around 6 after a class and the student section was packed. One play in particular stood out to me regarding the fans. Whaley blocked a shot out of bounds. He kind of fell over the baseline. A kid put up his hand to give Whaley a high five. Whaley reciprocated slapping his hand multiple times with a huge grin on his face. The kids were SO hyped to have the fans back. I already can’t wait for the next home game on Saturday. !!!!!

Reaction Score

The student section seemed great last night

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
So I guess you missed the reports that Duke wasn't selling out their student section pre-COVID.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Empty seats but it was a great turnout. Seemed like the students were full and the bleachers full too
That's the fanbase at Storrs. The true, blue non-student fanbase packs the bleacher section while big donors rarely make the trip on weekdays.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
That's the fanbase at Storrs. The true, blue non-student fanbase packs the bleacher section while big donors rarely make the trip on weekdays.

Especially for a 6:30 tip vs. Central.

The rich suck at these sorts events - sports, concerts etc.

They should either let people fill those seats after a certain point, or make it easy for those not attending to donate tickets. Sometimes, there may be games where you can’t find people give tickets away to, but that night was not last night.

It just looks awful on tv - and that goes for UConn and new ballparks where the rich have special seats behind the plate that don’t get filled etc.

“Would the people in the cheap seats clap their hands? The rest of you, just rattle your jewelry”

Reaction Score
Last UConn sellout vs. CCSU was Dec. 22, 2004 - #11 UConn 87, CCSU 59 at Hartford (16,294)

As recently as Dec. 28, 2014 - UConn 81, CCSU 48 at Hartford (13,315) was a near sell-out.

The only stinker (attendance wise) in the series was Dec. 23, 2015 at Hartford (7,123)

From 1991-2014, the 7 games between the teams drew 13k+ each time around and 5 of the games were days before/after Christmas. I get we are all coming back from COVID, but this matchup should always be played in Hartford. Makes a lot more sense to put the game between two Connecticut public universities in Downtown Hartford so it can draw as many as possible form both sides and from the four corners of the state.
Not to mention the Central fans (students) going to Hartford ups the attendance vs going to Storrs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom