No sellout tomorrow? | The Boneyard

No sellout tomorrow?

Reaction Score
What’s with that… top 25 and first game with fans in over a year. Most anticipated season in recent memory… is it a covid thing? Is the brand still being repaired? I know it’s Central but….

Reaction Score
What’s with that… top 25 and first game with fans in over a year. Most anticipated season in recent memory… is it a covid thing? Is the brand still being repaired? I know it’s Central but….
Seriously, stop. You know it's all of the above. Some people won't risk being in a crowded arena yet, some aren't motivated to watch us play Central, our brand has been damaged somewhat and single game tickets only went on sale recently. It's been a long, long time since we would have sold out a game against Central even if there weren't health issues.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Seriously, stop. You know it's all of the above. Some people won't risk being in a crowded arena yet, some aren't motivated to watch us play Central, or brand has been damaged somewhat and single game tickets only went on sale recently. It's been a long, long time since we would have sold out a game against Central even if there weren't health issues.
I’m not bashing anyone, i think it’s just a bit disappointing for us.

Reaction Score
Seriously, stop. You know it's all of the above. Some people won't risk being in a crowded arena yet, some aren't motivated to watch us play Central, or brand has been damaged somewhat and single game tickets only went on sale recently. It's been a long, long time since we would have sold out a game against Central even if there weren't health issues.
Sacred Heart sold out first game of year in 2019 and Morehead State the year before, so the its CCSU excuse doesn't really make much sense. I do agree with the COVID and poor marketing ones though.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I would have hoped there'd be 10k UConn fans in the area who are okay being indoors with others and willing to watch UConn play CCSU.

If not, put me in the camp of have students hanging out, and any seat not occupied by the 10 minute mark of the first half becomes first come, first serve for students to fill it up.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I would have hoped there'd be 10k UConn fans in the area who are okay being indoors with others and willing to watch UConn play CCSU.

If not, put me in the camp of have students hanging out, and any seat not occupied by the 10 minute mark of the first half becomes first come, first serve for students to fill it up.
Personally, I would be amazed if we sold out for CCSU on a Tuesday evening at 6:30. It would pretty much be a harbinger that we were going to sell out the entire season.

Reaction Score
Last UConn sellout vs. CCSU was Dec. 22, 2004 - #11 UConn 87, CCSU 59 at Hartford (16,294)

As recently as Dec. 28, 2014 - UConn 81, CCSU 48 at Hartford (13,315) was a near sell-out.

The only stinker (attendance wise) in the series was Dec. 23, 2015 at Hartford (7,123)

From 1991-2014, the 7 games between the teams drew 13k+ each time around and 5 of the games were days before/after Christmas. I get we are all coming back from COVID, but this matchup should always be played in Hartford. Makes a lot more sense to put the game between two Connecticut public universities in Downtown Hartford so it can draw as many as possible form both sides and from the four corners of the state.

Reaction Score
Seems like a nice enough guy but woof does it get cringey quick. Maybe beer being sold in gampel will make his shtick more enjoyable
I don’t think all the beer in gampel can make it less cringy.

Conor is a good guy but the bit is not meant for high level d-1 college basketball. It’s meant for AA baseball games.

Reaction Score
I would also note, this will be just the 3rd time CCSU has played UConn at Gampel. Prior to last season's game, the Central's first and only game at Gample was Jan. 10, 1991 - Patrick Sellers' senior year at CCSU.

Central has played 6 other games at Storrs in the Field House, including the final game ever played there on Jan. 24, 1990.

Reaction Score

Show us your ticket or GT bleep O

Reaction Score
Last UConn sellout vs. CCSU was Dec. 22, 2004 - #11 UConn 87, CCSU 59 at Hartford (16,294)

As recently as Dec. 28, 2014 - UConn 81, CCSU 48 at Hartford (13,315) was a near sell-out.

The only stinker (attendance wise) in the series was Dec. 23, 2015 at Hartford (7,123)

From 1991-2014, the 7 games between the teams drew 13k+ each time around and 5 of the games were days before/after Christmas. I get we are all coming back from COVID, but this matchup should always be played in Hartford. Makes a lot more sense to put the game between two Connecticut public universities in Downtown Hartford so it can draw as many as possible form both sides and from the four corners of the state.
Are you the CCSU SID? Lol

Reaction Score
Are you the CCSU SID? Lol

No, just a few minutes of research from a fan putting some comments in context for those UConn that like to take shots at Central for no reason.

Reaction Score
I don’t think all the beer in gampel can make it less cringy.

Conor is a good guy but the bit is not meant for high level d-1 college basketball. It’s meant for AA baseball games.

yeah doubt he is a bad guy or anything, I just hate that they need to find someone to get the crowd excited other than the product on the court, or jock jams volume 2.

Reaction Score

How many of the CCSU faithful have bought tickets? I would be suprised if that # was more than 300.

Reaction Score
How many of the CCSU faithful have bought tickets? I would be suprised if that # was more than 300.

A Tuesday night in Storrs ... could be even less than that.

You can rip on that all you want, but if the students/locals can't sell this out - its on UConn fans/program, not Central.

As I posted, this is usually a holiday matchup in Hartford and has almost always drawn 2x what you'll get tonight at Gampel.

Again, you can complain all you want, but don't put this on the opponent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom