No games for Paige in Europe | Page 2 | The Boneyard

No games for Paige in Europe

Reaction Score
Hasn’t Brady been cleared for awhile now? It seems like Brady has been further along then Paige and they had different injuries.
I am pretty sure Ice was light practicing by the end of the season..There was just no reason to burn a year of eligibility.

Reaction Score
I am pretty sure Ice was light practicing by the end of the season..There was just no reason to burn a year of eligibility.
Thanks. That is what I thought. I remember seeing her doing light drills before games while Paige would be on the side.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering when a game will be "meaningful" enough. BE Tournament? Non-conference games? NCAAT? Ballers got to ball. The risk is always there, big game or small.
Ballers got to ball? Paige is a baller, but she’s not stupid.

Reaction Score
Although I was looking forward to it, this is smart in my opinion. Why risk an injury in meaningless games.
To an athlete or a high level team there is no such thing as a meaningless game. All out all the time is why UConn is in the stratosphere they are in. There are no meaningless games, every game is a practice and bonding of the team. The reason for the trip over the pond.

Hallelujah!! Why risk getting her injured in an exhibition game....
No attack, but why risk having the team practice or play games? Someone could be injured. That and even fans crossing the street getting to the game. ;)

I slightly understand some fans fears but totally do not understand the lack of confidence in the coaching staff. Head bang

Reaction Score
Hoping this decision is purely precautionary. Maybe everyone in Croatia plays with the same intensity as Nika. :eek:
That is why I am concerned about our 14 year old 6"4" OV [everyone else best keep their head on a swivel!], as she almost fouled out in the first U16 game, and Nika says "I do not foul!!!"

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
To an athlete or a high level team there is no such thing as a meaningless game. All out all the time is why UConn is in the stratosphere they are in. There are no meaningless games, every game is a practice and bonding of the team. The reason for the trip over the pond.

No attack, but why risk having the team practice or play games? Someone could be injured. That and even fans crossing the street getting to the game. ;)

I slightly understand some fans fears but totally do not understand the lack of confidence in the coaching staff. Head bang
Either she's medically cleared or she's not. She's not. That's not hard to understand right?

And believe me, athletes understand the difference between a scrimmage and an actual game. They also understand the difference between a competitive game and a non-competitive game. That isn't to say that Paige does not want to play, I'm sure she does. But there's a reason why she isn't cleared for games yet. It's best for everyone involved, including fans, to show a little bit of patience.

Reaction Score
I'm wondering when a game will be "meaningful" enough. BE Tournament? Non-conference games? NCAAT? Ballers got to ball. The risk is always there, big game or small.
I pretty much agree with this. Ultimately she was just cleared for 5 on 5 last week so I get the caution. I feel like Azzi had a similar mindset last season. After she reinjured her knee, when she came back she said her goal was always to be ready by the conference tournament. Geno joked that he didn't know that. In a sense it makes sense to want to be ready for the "big games" but I don't think that's the right mindset. Totally just my humble opinion as I'm not a elite athlete worth millions. I just think a player is either healthy enough and feels ready to play or not. I don't love when playing becomes a thing and don't think it's great to devalue any game.

Reaction Score
I know we're all a little gun shy about injuries, but reading into this seems ridiculous.

There is no reason for her to play in Europe. This gives her two months to get stronger. There's not a thing wrong w/that.

Reaction Score

I think Geno and the staff made the correct decision to hold Paige out of these games. When you have arguably the best player in the country coming off of her second major surgery in three years likely costing her team a national championship you don't risk another injury before the actual season even starts...........UConn practices are far more competitive than these games will be, but they are necessary for team cohesion......PB playing in blowout exhibition games is a risk not worth taking.........BTW the team is still snakebitten.........did you notice how many other players are on the sidelines at the moment?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am glad that they are sitting Paige out until the season starts. No need to rush. Keep getting game reps in practice, shoot arounds, and light scrimmage sessions. Once Paige feels comfortable, she will know and let the coaching staff know. No need to rush. Plus preseason will be here before we know it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom