No games for Paige in Europe | The Boneyard

No games for Paige in Europe

Reaction Score
A little concerning tbh. It’s going to make her first game in November (hopefully) that much more pressure packed. Probably would haven been smarter to give her a few minutes off the bench in a game or two here but I can understand her not wanting to do that.

Reaction Score
Hallelujah!! Why risk getting her injured in an exhibition game.......I would assume she'll get all the reps she needs during UConn practices.........I want her ready to roll in game one (even if it's an exhibition) just as the season starts.....

Reaction Score
A little concerning tbh. It’s going to make her first game in November (hopefully) that much more pressure packed. Probably would haven been smarter to give her a few minutes off the bench in a game or two here but I can understand her not wanting to do that.
It also gives her knee a few more months to get stronger. I am sure she will be playing in a lot of pick up games from now until the season starts.

Reaction Score
It also gives her knee a few more months to get stronger. I am sure she will be playing in a lot of pick up games from now until the season starts.
I would hope not, pick up games are much more dangerous than exhibition games like these.

Reaction Score
With all of these precautionary frames of mind, makes me believe that Paige's damaged knee may have been worse than was stated. At Paige's young age the body heals pretty fast unless it is more complicated. But, I have to believe positive that Paige is in the best shape her body has ever been in and wait patiently for her to play. GO PAIGE!!! GO HUSKIES!!!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Great decision. She will have plenty of time to practice with the team and we will have 1 exhibition game before the official season starts.

This will also give 25 or so extra minutes of PT for the other guards - Ashlynn, KK, and Ines (and maybe Qadence). With no Amari or Ayanna, or Jana, that brings the players available down to 10. Given our history with injuries and illnesses, it's highly possible that every single player on the roster will be essential this coming season.

Reaction Score
Or maybe UConn was inundated with emails and social media queries. As far as we have been told playing at this point is her call. Someone equated this to an injured player playing in the world cup. Bueckers isn't injured. Or is UConn lying about that? I don't think so.

Bueckers herself said it might be better to wait to play, but she hasn't played in over a year and when these games are actually played and she's sitting her emotions may trump everything. She lives and breathes basketball. If it was me and the sport was golf I would be teeing it up.

Reaction Score
Hoping this decision is purely precautionary. Maybe everyone in Croatia plays with the same intensity as Nika. :eek:
Your last sentence tickled my funny bone! We have all come to love the "all out play " of Miss MUHL.
This Paige decision is more than a bit confusing. She is cleared to play--IN NOVERMBER? It sounded as if she first were ---cleared --cleared--this sounds like she isn't quite ready. My hope, for Paige's sake, is that she'd play in Europe, albeit--with very drastic cut in minutes.
With this long sitting out, it is highly probable she is rusty. And you know what happened to the tin man, in the Wizard of OZ, could that happen to Paige?

Reaction Score
Great decision. She will have plenty of time to practice with the team and we will have 1 exhibition game before the official season starts.

This will also give 25 or so extra minutes of PT for the other guards - Ashlynn, KK, and Ines (and maybe Qadence). With no Amari or Ayanna, or Jana, that brings the players available down to 10. Given our history with injuries and illnesses, it's highly possible that every single player on the roster will be essential this coming season.

The guards are going to play a lot simply because UConn's front court is Edwards(F) and Griffin(G/F). Everyone else available is listed as a guard.
I'm more worried about Ducharme(G) taking a shot to her upper body because she is forced to play the 4 than I am of Bueckers playing.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
The guards are going to play a lot simply because UConn's front court is Edwards(F) and Griffin(G/F). Everyone else available is listed as a guard.
I'm more worried about Ducharme(G) taking a shot to her upper body because she is forced to play the 4 than I am of Bueckers playing.
Brady played.

Reaction Score

I gave you the happy face for 2 (or more) reasons. It was an astute statement that went along what I and others have (for years) been requesting, more actual in game time for ALL. The game , for players, is the learning tool. In game experience is essential with those you are expected to win with. Those Big's you mentioned could be the factor's needed to win an NC , so now is the time to become a TEAM--top to bottom. There s nothing to lose--losing a game in Europe, nothing, but a lot to win playing these games.

Reaction Score
I'm a Caroline super fan. I don't worry about Caroline. If she is expecting a Pro Career--Dorka has recently shown, as a newbee expect to take hits. If not, Caroline shall be what she shall be--and that could be a STAR. She is loaded with "potential" and talent.

Reaction Score
I'm a Caroline super fan. I don't worry about Caroline. If she is expecting a Pro Career--Dorka has recently shown, as a newbee expect to take hits. If not, Caroline shall be what she shall be--and that could be a STAR. She is loaded with "potential" and talent.
Well she took a hit and didn’t return to the game.

Reaction Score
Since age 6, I've suffered knee issues. Most doctors and there has been many--say ,use it walk, run, build the muscles and expect pain. NOT DAMAGE, pain.

Reaction Score

Right. And if Bueckers wants a pro career she has to risk getting knocked down and getting hurt. Bueckers is looking way past UConn and will play at some point. Fans say it's meaningless game. So why play at all? Everyone is risking injury for these meaningless games, not just Bueckers. Someone just posted that Brady played. She had just as serious an injury and yet no one voiced concern about her re-injuring a knee that was operated on 3 months after Bueckers' surgery.

I'm all for caution but if the risk is that great then they shouldn't play any summer games because everyone is at risk.

And for all those talking about her being rusty, or needing to re-aquaint herself with the team I suggest watching one or two of her recent workout videos.

Reaction Score
Right. And if Bueckers wants a pro career she has to risk getting knocked down and getting hurt. Bueckers is looking way past UConn and will play at some point. Fans say it's meaningless game. So why play at all? Everyone is risking injury for these meaningless games, not just Bueckers. Someone just posted that Brady played. She had just as serious an injury and yet no one voiced concern about her re-injuring a knee that was operated on 3 months after Bueckers' surgery.

I'm all for caution but if the risk is that great then they shouldn't play any summer games because everyone is at risk.

And for all those talking about her being rusty, or needing to re-aquaint herself with the team I suggest watching one or two of her recent workout videos.
Hasn’t Brady been cleared for awhile now? It seems like Brady has been further along then Paige and they had different injuries.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom