2024 Recruiting: - Nike EYBL Peach Jam | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Nike EYBL Peach Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Are they a package deal? They play great together!

Ngongba is going to be a really, really good college player. He's the kind of kid who looks dominant just scoring 11 points because he's 1) so efficient and 2) His man can't leave him on the 3-point line or at the rim... just his presence makes things so much easier for the guards. Doubling or helping anywhere on the floor is a risk for the opposing big.

Next step for Ngongba is going to be continuing to focus on his conditions, strength and diet, and building out his shooting package.

This was my favorite game I've seen from Abraham. Made some good decisions, passed well, defended with energy and effort. Looked like a player.

Reaction Score
Ngongba is going to be a really, really good college player. He's the kind of kid who looks dominant just scoring 11 points because he's 1) so efficient and 2) His man can't leave him on the 3-point line or at the rim... just his presence makes things so much easier for the guards. Doubling or helping anywhere on the floor is a risk for the opposing big.

Next step for Ngongba is going to be continuing to focus on his conditions, strength and diet, and building out his shooting package.

This was my favorite game I've seen from Abraham. Made some good decisions, passed well, defended with energy and effort. Looked like a player.
Ngongba reminds me of a poor man's Elton Brand.

On3 has him listed at 215 lbs., he looks like he's 260 lbs.

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
Ngongba reminds me of a poor man's Elton Brand.

On3 has him listed at 215 lbs., he looks like he's 260 lbs.
Yeah great use of his body and great hands

Reaction Score
Abraham has a good head on his shoulders/BBIQ.. Knows where he needs to be in flow of game ..Right place/right time kind of player. Not as explosive as Howard but still a plus athlete.. A winner and great teammate. Always good to have guys like him on the roster.

Reaction Score
So from reading leaves:

Abraham: Decision any day now and 95% confident

Nowell: Decision 7/23 and 65% confidence

Howard: Decision 7/29 and no idea who leads here

Betsey: Decision in the Fall and I’d think we’re in drivers seat but too early to know

Ngongba: things are quiet but might be a package deal with Abraham?

Have to like how things are looking

Reaction Score
I got roasted for this take. Granted I don’t have the quality of sources Husky99 has. Let’s see if the BY trolls have it in them to challenge Husky99. Lol

Reaction Score
So from reading leaves:

Betsey: Decision in the Fall and I’d think we’re in drivers seat but too early to know

Thoughts on VJ Edgecombe??

Reaction Score
BY trolls would challenge the weatherman if he said it was raining, while they were standing in the rain
This is true. They’d challenge Hurley himself if he was posting under a burner account lmao. And disregard and accept the same information or takes from different posters. Lots and lots of ad hominem arguments and name calling on the boards lately, even more than normal. Sad. But cousins that are taking official visits together I think are more likely than the average recruit to be influenced by what their cousin does. Ngongba would be fantastic to have in national flag red, white, and blue.

KeyWestUC

Southernmost UCONN
Reaction Score
So from reading leaves:

Those are the 5 I want too. Feels awesome to have so many choices these days!!!

Reaction Score
I got roasted for this take. Granted I don’t have the quality of sources Husky99 has. Let’s see if the BY trolls have it in them to challenge Husky99. Lol
Nobody roasted you for this, just said that we should be recruiting each individually since they've said themselves they're not necessarily a package deal. Which I think you know since you've repeatedly said they're not a package deal. Hopefully we can get both

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Pretty sure I remember them saying they weren’t a package deal. Unless that changed over time? But I’m assuming not considering Abraham is committing separately from Ngongba.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure I remember them saying they weren’t a package deal. Unless that changed over time? But I’m assuming not considering Abraham is committing separately from Ngongba.
Correct, which doesn't mean we can't get both or that things have changed and they do want to commit together. But there's very little overlap in who's recruiting them outside of us so I'm skeptical

From here:

“Me and Pat (Isaiah Abraham’s first cousin Patrick Ngongba) have some of the same schools recruiting us, and we’re taking some visits together, but we aren’t trying to go to the same school or anything. It is all based on what happens. We’re both going through the process and if that happens, it happens. But it is not something we are meaning to do.”

Reaction Score
I've watched a tremendous amount of the Peach Jam. These are the best of the best kids in the country and the best of the best AAU teams in the country. Flagg and Dybantsa are incredible young talents but with the top veteran AAU teams I'm not seeing great teams and great talent. Certainly not like what I've seen in many past years. Some of those NY and NJ teams from the 90's would absolutely murder these teams.
Would you say it's reflective of social media influence? Make things more about self and less about the team?
With sophomore gymnasts making $1M plus per year posting videos of themselves it's probably easy to get caught up in that mindset rather than what most benefits the team.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
BY trolls would challenge the weatherman if he said it was raining, while they were standing in the rain
And sadly more than one would argue its snowing when the temperature was 100 degrees.

Reaction Score
Nobody roasted you for this, just said that we should be recruiting each individually since they've said themselves they're not necessarily a package deal. Which I think you know since you've repeatedly said they're not a package deal. Hopefully we can get both
I made a comment on another thread where I speculated that we might be able to get both if we got one. I know what I posted and what replies it got. You’re not always right about everything you know.

Reaction Score
I made a comment on another thread where I speculated that we might be able to get both if we got one. I know what I posted and what replies it got. You’re not always right about everything you know.
I'm just saying you have a very fragile ego. Not every back and forth is a roast or personal attack. This one was a personal attack though, so feel free to take offense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom