2024 Recruiting: - Nike EYBL Peach Jam | The Boneyard

2024 Recruiting: Nike EYBL Peach Jam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Seen some of this discussed in other threads. Peach Jam is running this week, which is basically the championship for Nike's AAU circuit.

Sounds like some of the games will be on NBA TV, but in addition wanted to mention all games are streamed live on Twitch for those interested in watching.
Their website is actually pretty good, and has Schedules, Live Streams, Stats, etc. for EYBL and the other circuits running at the same time.
Link is here: Nike EYBL — Nike EYBL

Here are a few of the squads with notable guys if you don't want to figure out who plays for who...

Team Final - Ahmad Nowell (plus Jalil Bethea)
New Heights Lightning - Jakhi Howard, '25s Meleek Thomas and Badara Diakite (plus Tahaad Pettiford)
Team Takeover - Isaiah Abraham, Patrick Ngongba
NY Renaissance - Tyler Betsey
Expressions - '25 Joson Sanon and '26 AJ Dybantsa

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
nice - I was going to start a Peach Jam overall thread, but never did. This covers it!

Reaction Score
Nowell is a lot of fun to watch, I'm sure an official box score will drop soon but I think he had 11-12 assists today

I counted 10 even. Stats have been accurate this year for the first time.

Reaction Score
Nothing terribly eventful. Howard back to earth shooting it. Everyone else basically playing as expected.

Reaction Score
Nothing terribly eventful. Howard back to earth shooting it. Everyone else basically playing as expected.
Flagg, Boozer, and Dybantsa are better than everyone else despite their age.

Reaction Score
Flagg, Boozer, and Dybantsa are better than everyone else despite their age.

I'd be surprised if Dynantsa doesn't reclass to 2025. He's amcient.Those 3 would basically be interchangable at the #1 spot IMO.

Skies17

Casual Fan
Reaction Score
Team Takeover almost imploded late but held on for the W.

A couple good sequences for Abraham/Ngongba:
Ngongba offensive rebound, up and under put back. On defense, Abraham played good perimeter defense leading to a turnover, then finishes a contested layup in transition.
Towards the end of the game, Takeover looks to get Ngongba post-up touches similar to how we set up Sanogo. Defense brought the double team from the opposite wing and Ngongba passed out to the corner for a 3. Very impressive.

I've seen people say Abraham isn't a strong shooter, which may be true. His form does look good and he looks confident shooting it - definitely better than AJax at the same stage for example. I think he could develop into a average/above average shooter eventually. One thing he tends to do is rip through from the wing and then pull up for a jump shot at the free throw line/elbow/lane which reminded me of Alleyne who used that move in the NCAAT quite a few times. If he develops some touch that could be a nice move for him. Very interesting as a combo forward as he primarily defends the perimeter and I haven't seen him mix it up in the lane very often, so I tend to think he'd defend the 3 but offensively play the 4 since having both wings be non-shooters isn't viable ... maybe a good forward tandem with a Jaylin Stewart / Tyler Betsey type who I would think defends the 4 but bring enough offense to balance out the forward positions.

Reaction Score
Agreed. Boozer is actually half a year younger than Dybantsa and Flagg. They're all total studs. Flagg is my #1 just because of his ability on defense.
Duke's 2025 class is going to be unfair with the Boozer twins and Flagg. We're going to be getting Zion/Barret/Reddish levels of coverage on ESPN with them

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Whenever I watch Boozer he seems to dominate physically, despite not being massive. Part of me wonders if that holds up to a superstar level. Flaggs ability to dominate all 3 levels, while seemingly being more athletic(?), would make me lean towards him. Both kids have obvious NBA star upside of course.

Reaction Score
I'd be surprised if Dynantsa doesn't reclass to 2025. He's amcient.Those 3 would basically be interchangable at the #1 spot IMO.
Is Dybantsa really at that level? Genuinely curious, I haven’t watched him play much at all but Boozer and Flagg look like future all NBA players. 3 of those in one class would be insane

Reaction Score
Is Dybantsa really at that level? Genuinely curious, I haven’t watched him play much at all but Boozer and Flagg look like future all NBA players. 3 of those in one class would be insane

He's dominating 17u playing up 2 years. Pretty sure he's averaging 25 a game this week and 20 during the 6 rwgular season games. Flagg and Boozer aren't even playing up 1 year.

IMO yes, he's on their level. But that's just one guys opinion.

Reaction Score
Obviously this isn't a game situation but this is still a HS sophomore against an NBA player. He's really impressive

Reaction Score
He's dominating 17u playing up 2 years. Pretty sure he's averaging 25 a game this week and 20 during the 6 rwgular season games. Flagg and Boozer aren't even playing up 1 year.

IMO yes, he's on their level. But that's just one guys opinion.
Tbf isn’t he also super old for his class. You’d hope he would dominate. But I take your word for it and I will watch some on my own, your evals are spot on.

Reaction Score
Tbf isn’t he also super old for his class. You’d hope he would dominate. But I take your word for it and I will watch some on my own, your evals are spot on.
He's a year old for his class, same age as Flagg and half a year older than Boozer who are both '25 while Dybantsa is '26. Dybantsa is playing against the top players in '24, while Flagg and Boozer are playing against the top kids in their class.

I've seen a bunch of his games with Expressions and he has all the tools and dominates a lot of the time. He's on their level, I would probably go Flagg, Dybantsa, Boozer as far as pro prospects but I've seen less of Boozer than the other two.

Reaction Score
He's a year old for his class, same age as Flagg and half a year older than Boozer who are both '25 while Dybantsa is '26. Dybantsa is playing against the top players in '24, while Flagg and Boozer are playing against the top kids in their class.

I've seen a bunch of his games with Expressions and he has all the tools and dominates a lot of the time. He's on their level, I would probably go Flagg, Dybantsa, Boozer as far as pro prospects but I've seen less of Boozer than the other two.
Gotcha. Odd. Why wouldn’t he just reclass already then? Seems like he doesn’t play against his age group ever as it is.

Reaction Score
Would be great to get the Flaggs on campus while DC is still here.. Host them around campus and show them some southern New England hospitality. Connection with their Moms .. I'm sure DH and staff are trying to make that happen..

Reaction Score
SLAM HS Hoops on Twitter: "AJ Dybantsa filled up the stat sheet last night. The #1 player in the Class of 2026 went for: 33 PTS 4 REB 4 AST 1 STL @ADybantsa @NikeEYB @ExpressionsBall https://post original url/hh9uH6NrV9" / Twitter

Reaction Score
Another CIAC Connecticut hooper to keep an eye on is London Jemison from Northwest Catholic. He reclassed to '25 and is playing against the '24's, he'll be at St. Thomas More this coming season...

Expressions Elite Basketball on Twitter: "@ExpressionsBall 2025 6’9” @londonjemison #In❌WeTrust @shakyhoops https://post original url/i2pHbUQM3X" / Twitter

Reaction Score
Two young kids who are going to be really good are '27 Patrick Otey from Massachusetts and '26 Abdou Toure from New Haven. Otey is ridiculously good and polished for his age. He'll be one of the best point guards in whatever class he ends up in. Toure is a ridiculous athlete...

Reaction Score
Swartz went 1/11 from deep (2/14 overall). This isn't the first time he's just taken way too many shots and hurt his team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom