Nika Muhl | The Boneyard

Nika Muhl

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Nika has not played the last two games against Xavier and Creighton. Anybody know why?

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Nika has not played the last two games against Xavier and Creighton. Anybody know why?
Really Bertieboy, you have to pay a bit more attention to all the threads...we have 2 or 3 of them on it. ;)

On the good news front, she was shooting additional shots with Paige after the Creighton game the other night so we know she's engaged to want to play. :)

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Really Bertieboy, you have to pay a bit more attention to all the threads...we have 2 or 3 of them on it. ;)

On the good news front, she was shooting additional shots with Paige after the Creighton game the other night so we know she's engaged to want to play. :)
I really loved Geno's statement about this. "Maybe the game should have started a little later". Just classic Geno.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
To me, she is still a core rotation person with Aaliyah and Aubrey to make 8. She does need to get going a bit with assists and her "O-fer America" shooting and limit the turnovers. Speaking of turnovers, yes, this team has far too many but as the team gets used to the passes threading the needle, the more the players will be ready for them. We have 4 supremely gifted passers who can see the flow and anticipate in Paige, Anna, Evina and Nika. All four also have to realize when they should actually shoot the ball when it comes back to them instead of going a tad excessive on the passing. Like Geno said in one of the post game programs, it's not a question of can they take that shot but when they should take it during the game that makes players great.

Reaction Score
When Nika gets back on the floor, she better start hitting her shots. Some of the best 3 point shooters in the US coming soon.

Reaction Score
When Nika gets back on the floor, she better start hitting her shots. Some of the best 3 point shooters in the US coming soon.

if she can just do what she was recruited for she won't be buried..........unfortunately we're going to have to wait to see if she is indeed the real deal......

Reaction Score
Hopefully, she'll be ready for the Baylor game. Might need her defensive intensity off the bench.

DefenseBB

Reaction Score
Like who?

Reaction Score
I'd like to see Nika develop into that DPOY type. She has the skillset to make it happen.
If her foot has been a limiting factor and she was still playing decent defense (or at least about as well as everyone else on the team not named Aubrey Griffin), then wait until she’s completely healthy and gets a few more reps against better offensive players. Could be a solid defensive player at the very least.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

There will always be room in the rotation for a defensive stopper who led her pro league in assists the past two years.

Reaction Score
I love Nika's attitude: "You Americans are so soft on defense."

The Euros allow more contact than the U.S. officials. Nika wants to knock some people around.
She has to understand no one wants to watch a 40 to 28 game every night..Offense is what people pay to see..at least in America.. :confused:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
She has to understand no one wants to watch a 40 to 28 game every night..Offense is what people pay to see..at least in America.. :confused:

Yeah, and more people pay to see Katy Perry than the National Philharmonic (on hiatus before the pandemic IIRC), but that doesn't mean Katy Perry is better than Beethoven. (Nothing against Katy Perry, BTW, I like her but recognize that she appeals to the least-common denominator, and I can't call up another current pop star.)

I personally like defense, whether in basketball or baseball. What I hate in basketball is the nonstop whistles for stuff like handchecking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom