2020 Recruiting: - Niels Lane Visiting | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Niels Lane Visiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This board would be so much better if everyone ignored clowns who talk about themselves in the third person and pretend to have insider info about the team.

Anyway, Niels Lane seems good, and I'd love to have him on my favorite college basketball team, the University of Connecticut at Storrs Men's Basketball Huskie Husky Boys.
Kind of agree. If you don't like a poster, skip the post and read the next. It's not hard. It's the guys who post ten times about some poster that they don't like are the ones that kill me. The irony is that doing that makes the poster that they don't like the focus of the thread. Really analogous to a recent political phenomena.

I'm excited by the developments in recruiting. It doesn't count for all that much though until the kids sign, or at least verbal.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
For people who have seen both more than I have, any thoughts on a Lane vs Jackson decision? Both are about the same size, are described as athletic and strong defenders.

What do you see as the differences in their games that might cause us to prefer one over the other?

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
From what I've seen Jackson has insane athleticism and good passing abilities with very poor shooting. Lane is still very athletic but is a better overall scorer but less athletic tools to be a force on defense and in transition. Both good players, Jackson just relies more heavily on his athleticism than Lane does.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Kind of agree. If you don't like a poster, skip the post and read the next. It's not hard. It's the guys who post ten times about some poster that they don't like are the ones that kill me. The irony is that doing that makes the poster that they don't like the focus of the thread. Really analogous to a recent political phenomena.

I'm excited by the developments in recruiting. It doesn't count for all that much though until the kids sign, or at least verbal.

I've blocked the poster in question. My point is exactly this: everyone talks about it constantly and it derails every thread. I've made this point clear, now let's move on. Niels Lane is good, but I like Jackson better for two reasons:

1) Lane is an excellent athlete, but Jackson is better
2) This would be really embarrassing for Syracuse and that makes me smile

That being said, if we end up with Lane or Richmond instead of Jackson, I'll still feel good about it.

Reaction Score
The enemy of my enemy is my friend. It's all of us vs Cuse, let's get along :)

C

Chief00

It's the guys who post ten times about some poster that they don't like are the ones that kill me. The irony is that doing that makes the poster that they don't like the focus of the thread.

That’s exactly how it happens and they are the ones who derail the threads.

Many times Chief is mentioned in threads that I have not posted in. I have no problem with that but don’t confused that with Chief having a big ego, seeking attention or derailing a thread.
I could be wrong, but my sense is that some wish they got that attention (good or bad) and hence they project that negativity toward me as they pretend to be in the stick to the topic crowd, which they themselves violate all the time.

As for last year’s successful dam break recruiting prediction, the predicted paradigm shift that symbolized joining the NBE and this season’s nice weather on a recruiting visit. There is substance and knowledge behind these statements but for a variety of reasons it’s best to state it that way from my perspective. Some people get that immediately and others are infinitely lost in the wilderness and never will.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Many times Chief is mentioned in threads that I have not posted in. I have no problem with that but don’t confused that with Chief having a big ego, seeking attention or derailing a thread.
I could be wrong, but my sense is that some wish they got that attention (good or bad) and hence they project that negativity toward me as they pretend to be in the stick to the topic crowd, which they themselves violate all the time.

This week's sign that the apocalypse is upon us: someone stating they have no ego and referring to themselves in the third person in the same paragraph.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I never knew great weather in Storrs was so controversial. As for out size ego, I never reveal my identity to anyone and most of my predictions I actually share privately with a handful of people.
What actually derides threads are BL’s exceedingly boring posts.

I don’t care.

If you have news, post it.

If you don’t, don’t.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
From what I've seen Jackson has insane athleticism and good passing abilities with very poor shooting. Lane is still very athletic but is a better overall scorer but less athletic tools to be a force on defense and in transition. Both good players, Jackson just relies more heavily on his athleticism than Lane does.

Where do you see them?

C

Chief00

This week's sign that the apocalypse is upon us: someone stating they have no ego and referring to themselves in the third person in the same paragraph.
Do you know what a handle name is? I believe you are using a handle name - it’s not referring to yourself in the 3rd person. Go back to 5th grade English class and find out about 3rd person

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Do you know what a handle name is? I believe you are using a handle name - it’s not referring to yourself in the 3rd person. Go back to 5th grade English class and find out about 3rd person

Stop.

And stop.

C

Chief00

I don’t care.

If you have news, post it.

If you don’t, don’t.

It may not be written as a hard news post but it is usually pretty good news guidance and most well meaning people can easily figure it out. How many posts would we have here if hard news was the selection criteria?
When I say beautiful weather in Storrs, when a guy is on a OV, one can conclude the visit is going well and there is a good chance a player will commit soon. But, it's up to the player to make that announcement and there’s always a chance it could change or my information tainted with wishful thinking . I do my best to mitigate that possibility. However, if one follows the spirit of the dam break, paradigm shift and beautiful weather - one will know pretty much what’s up.

Update - I will STOP!

Reaction Score
I watch full game video of them and their teams and make observations...is that okay? or should I fly up from Virginia and watch them in person in order to be able to post?

Lane is not a great athlete by high major standards. He's just pretty good. He and richmond are both okay shooter, but mot great. Whereas andre is a non-shooter.

Look at eybl stats. Andre is very much a better scorer. More effecient and 5 ppg more.

C

Chief00

The enemy of my enemy is my friend. It's all of us vs Cuse, let's get along :)

A Cuse Board meltdown would be sweet. Chief doesn’t normally read the Cuse Board but after the blow-up in Jersey and reading some posts here - I took a look. We are living in their heads. We own them.

Reaction Score
And that he is not the one starving for attention. While also speaking in the third person. It’s prerty ironic. And pathetic. But some seem to like it, so, to each their own.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom