2020 Recruiting: - Niels Lane Visiting | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: Niels Lane Visiting

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Lane is planning an OV with us right after he visits Texas this next week. We are his last OV before he commits on October 8th. Down to UConn, Miami, Florida, and Texas. Providence is technically in his top 5 but that's as a courtesy for being on him from the beginning.

Is he still considered a heavy Florida lean? Seems he likes warm weather.

Reaction Score
Feels like a Florida lean but who knows what can happen with a good visit
Agreed. Don’t read anything but Florida in his comments. When he mentions them, it just seems more personal.

Reaction Score
Beautiful day in Storrs today.
Care to explain the significance of you posting this in both the Andre Jackson thread and the Niels Lane thread? Should we expect good news on both, or just one?

C

Chief00

Care to explain the significance of you posting this in both the Andre Jackson thread and the Niels Lane thread? Should we expect good news on both, or just one?
You are over thinking this - it was meant to be about recruiting in Storrs yesterday - not what thread I posted it in. Sorry if this cause confusion.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Beautiful day in Storrs today.

Am I wrong in thinking that Lane, Jackson and Richmond are all very athletic wings who project as elite defenders, but who aren’t great shooters?

Reaction Score
You are over thinking this - it was meant to be about recruiting in Storrs yesterday - not what thread I posted it in. Sorry if this cause confusion.
Thanks for the clarification. I get the sense the Jackson visit went well, but I was surprised to see a vaguely optimistic post in the Lane thread as well.

Reaction Score
Am I wrong in thinking that Lane, Jackson and Richmond are all very athletic wings who project as elite defenders, but who aren’t great shooters?

That pretty much sums up Jackson but doesn’t capture the whole story with Lane and Kadary. Neither are as elite as Thomas offensively but both are very skilled and can play 1-3. They can get buckets in different ways.

We're only getting 2 of these 4 guys at most and any 2 can play together.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

hopefully his last OV unless he pays PC a pity visit

from his dad- "Niels has a lot to think about. No one has eliminated themselves during the visits, as each school has done a great job with him. He’s processing everything and listing his pros and cons. Tough choice, but I don’t think he can go wrong with any of them. It’s probably going to come down to his ‘gut feeling.'"

cant help myself- but a class of lane, jackson, and cardwell would have ranked #30 this year which is great for that size. Only two 3-recruit classes would have ranked higher (texas and michigan st)

Last edited:

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

hopefully his last OV unless he pays PC a pity visit

from his dad- "Niels has a lot to think about. No one has eliminated themselves during the visits, as each school has done a great job with him. He’s processing everything and listing his pros and cons. Tough choice, but I don’t think he can go wrong with any of them. It’s probably going to come down to his ‘gut feeling.'"

Hope his gut likes ice cream.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
oban-argyll-and-bute-scotland-indian-chief-totem-selling-fishing-rods-K0TPRD.jpg

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
What is the point of locking threads
When the thread topic conversation is hijacked by the same arguments people have been having for months and months on different threads it clutters things and makes it an unpleasant environment.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
When the thread topic conversation is hijacked by the same arguments people have been having for months and months on different threads it clutters things and makes it an unpleasant environment.
And it camouflages pages of crap behind a reasonable sounding title. Sometimes the 'free association' nature of the Yard is hysterical but it does create a ton of crap. I think the mods do a reasonable job of balancing between the two.

/endsuckingup

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Enough.

Knock it off or there'll be a smoking crater where your ego used to be.

Way too many threads getting derailed by this nonsense.

I never knew great weather in Storrs was so controversial. As for out size ego, I never reveal my identity to anyone and most of my predictions I actually share privately with a handful of people.
What actually derides threads are BL’s exceedingly boring posts.

Reaction Score
And it camouflages pages of crap behind a reasonable sounding title. Sometimes the 'free association' nature of the Yard is hysterical but it does create a ton of crap. I think the mods do a reasonable job of balancing between the two.

/endsuckingup

This board would be so much better if everyone ignored clowns who talk about themselves in the third person and pretend to have insider info about the team.

Anyway, Niels Lane seems good, and I'd love to have him on my favorite college basketball team, the University of Connecticut at Storrs Men's Basketball Huskie Boys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom