Nick Timberlake to Kansas | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Nick Timberlake to Kansas

Reaction Score
Idk UConn/UNC/Kansas is a pretty major Final 3. Usually we’re fighting with lesser programs.
Maybe after we win our 10th title those recruits will finally realize we've got a pretty good thing here.

Reaction Score
Idk UConn/UNC/Kansas is a pretty major Final 3. Usually we’re fighting with lesser programs.
Guess what I meant is that he wasn't a conference player of the year or a promising major conference guy. He's a premium role player, if that makes sense. This was the Celtics/Warriors/Lakers fighting over the same taxpayer midlevel exception guy. But Kansas offered him actual cap space $.

Reaction Score
Had not heard of him prior to transfer portal but 41% over last two years on 3"s is impressive, we will have to pivot and I'm sure there are more players to enter the portal still. Between our returning players and our incoming recruiting class we have a good squad. Let DH fine tune things in the portal and we will be even better. I still think Ross can take the Joey role if he gets the chance.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Maybe if we get this thread to 2000 posts , he'll change his mind..
Nah .hard pass. Nice kid. Nice player, great shooter. For him $>winning. Don’t blame that in todays world. Would love him on squad but we didn’t win 5 nattys by paying players more than the next guy. We won by having the right players.

Reaction Score
Nah .hard pass. Nice kid. Nice player, great shooter. For him $>winning. Don’t blame that in todays world. Would love him on squad but we didn’t win 5 nattys by paying players more than the next guy. We won by having the right players.
I was completely joking

Reaction Score
troopers GIF

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Bummer but life goes on. Danny hopefully has a few more tricks up his sleeve but my hope is the freshman coming in are as good as advertised otherwise it could be a long season.

Anyway, back to the NIL site to buy some more National Championship gear for my kids.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Welp.

Develop the freshmen!!! Castle, Newton, Ross, Karaban, DC.

Ball, Stewart, Samson.

Let’s run!!!

still wouldn’t mind a true point or shooter tho

Let’s go, I’m good with our pieces.

I personally expect Ball and Stewart to be quicker contributors than Ross, though I love all of their potential.

I also think there’s still a decent chance Jackson returns.

Reaction Score
I wouldn’t be surprised if the staff was and now really is recruiting a kid not in the portal yet.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This he was bought crap is embarrassing. He chose Kansas. Get over it.
Yep. We know that every school that loses recruits to UConn is going to cry about how they were bought. It’s a lame attitude. There are legit reasons to choose other schools. Maybe it was the live music scene @BigErnMcCracken mockingly mentioned. Now if he chose UMass we can wonder.

Reaction Score
Yep. We know that every school that loses recruits to UConn is going to cry about how they were bought. It’s a lame attitude. There are legit reasons to choose other schools. Maybe it was the live music scene @BigErnMcCracken mockingly mentioned. Now if he chose UMass we can wonder.
I think you guys have an ancient idea of bought. Of course he was bought. We tried to buy him lol. We were just outbid

August_West

Reaction Score
Lol . Stop. Real bad look. You know what happened.

Reaction Score
I think you guys have an ancient idea of bought. Of course he was bought. We tried to buy him lol. We were just outbid
Yes, it's not sour grapes and it isn't an embarrassing look.

I'm happy for Timberlake. Dude is going to be 25 in a few months and isn't going to the NBA. Cash in as much as you possibly can and play for a great basketball school.

caw

Reaction Score
Just my two cents.

If Newton and/or Jackson are back UConn will be in a great place. In that situation Timberlake would have been a fantastic piece.

If they aren’t back, I’d rather roll with the freshmen. May be a few more losses but I think it will be better long term.

I don’t think Timberlake is a huge difference maker for the program without Jackson/Newton.

August_West

Reaction Score
Yes, it's not sour grapes and it isn't an embarrassing look.

I'm happy for Timberlake. Dude is going to be 25 in a few months and isn't going to the NBA. Cash in as much as you possibly can and play for a great basketball school.
All day.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom