Nick Timberlake to Kansas | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Nick Timberlake to Kansas

Reaction Score
This he was bought crap is embarrassing. He chose Kansas. Get over it.
I believe most of us looked at it differently. He's a Mass kid, in his sixth year, and has a chance to join the National Champions for his last year. Close enough for his parents and family to see him play and maybe even help us repeat.
I posted yesterday that maybe he doesn't think he has the skills or athleticism to make it in the NBA and therefor might go for the most NIL money while he has the chance to cash in on a school or two that feel he can help them.
Why is that embarrassing?

Reaction Score
Let’s be honest- was this guy even that good- I watched a few of his games & he didn’t jump out- but watch he will be an all conference player for Kansas lol. I was shocked when a number of analysts picked us 1st too early preseason- I guess we will see what happens over the next month- Karaban & Clinigan is not a bad foundation though anyway you slice it.

Reaction Score
For him & his family, probably came down to "Not Enough.." x 2 ---> Playing time & Cash-money

Apparently, kid is not a fan of winning championships and #WeSeason. Enjoy the corn and sunflower fields.

Hurley & Co. have proven themselves masters of roster construction and smart use of the portal. 100% Trust in them.

Can't wait to see who takes his place!!! Next man up!

Reaction Score
I've only seen limited televised game footage of Ross (and quite a bit of highlight reels, which granted need to be taken with a grain of salt) but I firmly believe that every additional minute if game time he receives before January will pay significant dividends in March. This may turn out to our benefit for what we get from this kid alone.
Jeremy Lamb was that guy in 2011 and he paid big dividends!

Reaction Score
Well they do have more playing time available than we did at his position assuming Newman returns...I know they are not apple for apple as Newman is more combo than SG, but a lot less competition to get on the court. Still a bit surprising given his home in Mass.
Don’t we play Kansas next year?

Reaction Score
Nothing insiders can do when the coaches were played as well. @Zionn stated the staff was blindsided.

It will not be the only time. It could hurt short term. But bidding wars for players is not the best policy. Creates resentment.

Or maybe wink guy is not plugged in. Montez Mathis all over again. Or like 5 others. Our staff is closed lipped.

Reaction Score
Screenshot_20230419_173547_Chrome.jpg

Reaction Score
Can UConn get a refund on that steak dinner?...

I told you he probably didn't want his family coming to see him play. :)

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Or maybe he ordered Chicken at the Steakhouse.

Apropos of nothing?
Not sure about what happened. I believe he has one year of eligibility left. So he probably wants to get on a team with a great chance to win it all. Not trying to be negative but winning back to back is hard. And we saw what happens to great shooters who perform well on teams that make deep runs, final fours or national championships. I don’t know the NIL comps but those that seem to know in the forum seem to be indicating he will make more at KU. So that is also in play. We have had some recent player attrition that have lowered our odds. I am 100% behind any team DH puts together. But you also have to look at this from a non UConn fan perspective. It still sucks though…..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom