Nice Sanogo article! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Nice Sanogo article!

Gutter King

Let me drop a deduce on ya
Reaction Score
I say 15-8-3 Hes very talented offensively. If he can defend and stay on the court. These numbers are cake.
Agreed. This is a guy who dominated games for stretches as a frosh. Limiting fouls and consistency will be the key.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
As a parent of a child with intellectual challenges might I politely ask that people refrain from using the phrase "tard". I'm sure there was no malice intended but there has to be a better way to explain when someone is not technologically proficient. I don't want to derail this thread because it is an excellent article on Adama. I just wanted to ask a favor.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Sanogo is such a talent and has a great head on his shoulders.

I would argue that Hurley cost us 2 or 3 games last year by sitting Sanogo for long stretches against teams that went with small lineups (St. Johns, Creighton, and Maryland).

I know Hurley preaches defense first and that is likely why he matches small-for-small lineups in those situations, and sat Sanogo.

But my take is that Hurley outsmarted himself by pulling Sanogo against teams that went small. Yes, defensively you're at more risk, but offensively, when you have a player with Sanogo's talent, you have to leave him in there... get him the ball every time down the court, and let him dominate against a smaller opponent.

If Sanogo continues to improve like he showed throughout last year, the only reason Hurley should be benching the guy in close games should be for foul trouble or the occasional breather.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Sanogo and his potential to be our number one option on offense is not being talked about enough, in my opinion.

Jackson will make a jump for sure, but I think Sanogo has the chance to make the biggest leap and be a All Big East performer this year. I predict he’ll average somewhere near 12 ppg and 8 rpg, and maybe even more gaudy numbers if he can really limit his fouling.
In addition to Sanogo and the new guys there is a very good article today in the courant if it hasn't already been posted on Akok Akok. He's packed on 15 lbs of muscle and is now 6-9 and 230 lbs. Frontline is starting to look scary and they have an attitude:

Reaction Score
Can’t access the article but the dude marches to his own drummer, because he’s so focus on the important stuff and doesn’t get caught up in distractions. Really impressive young man.

Reaction Score
The other thing that has to go in Sanogo's way is getting refs who know how to let a big guy play. Don't call fouls because guys run into his big body and physics takes over. Also, he has really quick first step and don't penalize the young man when defenders are leaning on him and they fall when he makes a move they struggle to keep in front of him.

Reaction Score
The other thing that has to go in Sanogo's way is getting refs who know how to let a big guy play. Don't call fouls because guys run into his big body and physics takes over. Also, he has really quick first step and don't penalize the young man when defenders are leaning on him and they fall when he makes a move they struggle to keep in front of him.
Big men always get the short end of the stick with the refs. Especially these days.

Also I don’t get why more refs don’t hold their whistle. I used to do a let of refereeing and I was known for letting teams play through contact.

At first coaches and players would get mad when i didn’t call what they thought was a foul. But when they saw I did the same both ways and was consistent, the games had much more flow and they always thanked afterwards

Reaction Score
In addition to Sanogo and the new guys there is a very good article today in the courant if it hasn't already been posted on Akok Akok. He's packed on 15 lbs of muscle and is now 6-9 and 230 lbs. Frontline is starting to look scary and they have an attitude:

Id like to see Akok work in the post a bit. With his length he could easily score over most defenders. Few post ups, couple drives and a couple threes and he could really be something.

Reaction Score
Big men always get the short end of the stick with the refs. Especially these days.

Also I don’t get why more refs don’t hold their whistle. I used to do a let of refereeing and I was known for letting teams play through contact.

At first coaches and players would get mad when i didn’t call what they thought was a foul. But when they saw I did the same both ways and was consistent, the games had much more flow and they always thanked afterwards
Plus, players prefer a late whistle or no-call instead of a ref who anticipates a foul, blows the whistle and has to bail his own butt out by making up something. Sometimes, they 'even' things out at the other end, but that's hurting 2 guys instead of doing right by them and getting the call in the first place.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom