Newton Commits- It's on ESPN | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Newton Commits- It's on ESPN

Reaction Score
Does anyone keep a spreadsheet of predictions and outcomes? It would be awesome to have a log with columns for poster, date of prediction, substance of prediction, actual outcome, and date of outcome becoming public. @navery12, @auror ?!
And links to epic crash and burn threads!

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Probably became a fan seeing the best dunk in the ECU arena’s history was by a guy in a Husky uniform. ;)

Reaction Score
“Coach Hurley is a great coach and he can help me go to league, like I really want,” Newton said. “His vision for me is exactly what I need and I feel like his role for me is exactly what I want.”

Hurley can be demanding, Newton said. Which is also a draw.

“I feel like everybody needs to be pushed,” Newton said. “Growing up and going through life, everybody needs to be pushed. I don’t feel like I’ve been pushed like that in my life so this will help me.”

Good article from the Register.

Reaction Score
Walcome aboard Newton, were looking at the hungry husky's this year.

Reaction Score
To be very, very clear, the issue with our portal losses is quantity, not quality.
But you can replace 2 bad players with 1 great one. We don't need a 1:1 replacement for each body we lost. We cannot build a roster of 11-12 guys who want to play, that's just not possible anymore in todays world. Give me 8-9 guys who can all contribute meaningful minutes and call it a day

Reaction Score

“I feel like everybody needs to be pushed,” Newton said. “Growing up and going through life, everybody needs to be pushed. I don’t feel like I’ve been pushed like that in my life so this will help me.”

Lines up with Slater's tweet the other day

Reaction Score
But you can replace 2 bad players with 1 great one. We don't need a 1:1 replacement for each body we lost. We cannot build a roster of 11-12 guys who want to play, that's just not possible anymore in todays world. Give me 8-9 guys who can all contribute meaningful minutes and call it a day
Yes, quality is much more important than quantity.

You want a full roster for practice bodies, in case of injury plague, etc., but at the end of the day, in your big games you're really only going 7-8 deep and it doesn't really matter beyond that.

Reaction Score
Tom Moore. Luke Murray. Kimani Young. We - UCONN - are extraordinarily strong in teaching-networking-connnected-knowledgeable assistant: perhaps the best in our Conference. They just are. Both complementary in on court skillsets to teach and regional national resources. We are in a good place to go target and hunt and close on getting what this program needs.

We aren't Musselman mindset. I DO think his existence around the CBA of his father makes him unlike others. But he isn't going to be a great candidate to win the best development 17 year old because he is going to run a controlled outlier of a program.

Reaction Score

I put together some quick Tristen Newton highlights because I'm procrastinating actual work. Kid can definitely create his own shot.

That play at the 3:00 stamp is what I expect we will be seeing a lot of this year. 4 guys out on the perimeter, the big drawing the opposing center away from the hoop and then Newton beats 2 guys and dunks the ball. That's a winning basketball play

Reaction Score
“Coach Hurley is a great coach and he can help me go to league, like I really want,” Newton said. “His vision for me is exactly what I need and I feel like his role for me is exactly what I want.”

Good article from the Register.

Mentions we're still looking for shooters with some height and could be digging into the 2022 class.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Lines up with Slater's tweet the other day
slater?
this is the only slater i know
saved-by-the-bell-s1-saved-by-the-bell-25343612-701-530.png

the man. the legend. dude had it goin on, like donkey kong.
what's ur guy got?

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I put together some quick Tristen Newton highlights because I'm procrastinating actual work. Kid can definitely create his own shot.

The highlights look awesome and I'm stoked to have a big ball handling guard lead the team. He looks to have a good shot, good vision, and can breakdown a defense. The only question I have from that highlight video is he doesn't seem to be uber athletic. Hard to glean from a highlight video but can anyone speak to this?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom