2020 Recruiting: - New Rivals 150 for 2020 | The Boneyard

2020 Recruiting: New Rivals 150 for 2020

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
This is just now out. 2020 Rivals150 Prospect Ranking

Thoughts:
Cam Thomas: Down 6. So maybe we have a chance. They always devalue anybody coming to UConn
Cliff: Up 3. Hmmm
Niels Lane: Up 18. He must be going to Florida.
Richmond: Up 15. I think we expected that.
Cardwell: up 2.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
there is not a name there that any sane fan would not appreciate a commitment from but I'm partial to Cam, he would open the floor for the other 4 guys he's out there with, whoever they are.

Reaction Score
Not sure if it's worth noting as well, but Andre Jackson down 12. Kind of expected that though.

Reaction Score
Also nice to see:

Hasan Diara - 71 (up 1 spot)
Demarr Langford - 79 (up 3 spots)

nice because they are still targets? @UConnStats said we stopped recruiting langford back in the winter. does the fact that kadary will be at brewster with him this year change things?

Reaction Score
Cronin's first recruit, Daishen Nix, is up to #13,
USF has #53, Caleb Murphy,
Matt Cross is at #81 and committed to Miami this week,
Jamal Mashburn is up 6 to #100,
Gethro Muscadin is up from Unranked to #128,
and Noah Collier is up from Unranked to #146.

Lots of uncommitted players, including quite a few from the Northeast and Georgia, and even the DMV area. Let us pray. The DAM burst late last September so it's time!

Reaction Score

Josh Gray:
Why he can push for the Rivals150
: There aren’t many 7-footers with mobility and upside as a rim protector and rebounder left and that’s going to make Gray a priority. He has all of the tools to be a high level prospect and now it’s just a matter of showing up to compete with intensity and producing on a more regular basis.
Recruitment: Offers from Connecticut, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Rhode Island, Rutgers, St. John’s and others. He may be one who waits until the spring to decide.

if staff is set on a 3 recruit class, but can't land 2 of thomas, jackson, and kadary....does anyone care to speculate if they would take 1 wing and 2 centers instead? maybe gray could be the second center behind cliff/cardwell/gethro/williams/ferguson?

Last edited:

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Cronin's first recruit, Daishen Nix, is up to #13,
USF has #53, Caleb Murphy,
Matt Cross is at #81 and committed to Miami this week,
Jamal Mashburn is up 6 to #100,
Gethro Muscadin is up from Unranked to #128,
and Noah Collier is up from Unranked to #146.

Lots of uncommitted players, including quite a few from the Northeast and Georgia, and even the DMV area. Let us pray. The DAM burst late last September so it's time!
Collier took us off his list.

Reaction Score
I am assuming we will get 3 in the 2020 class. I would like one of Thomas or Lane, one of Jackson or Richmond, and one of J. Williams, Muscadin, Cardwell, or Gray. I would be happy with that.

Reaction Score

Thoughts:
Cam Thomas: Down 6. So maybe we have a chance. They always devalue anybody coming to UConn
So where are these guys ranked? Up 18 to what?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Anyone else feel like we're on a cosmic collision course with Cronin and UCLA in Hurley's first Tourney appearance as a Husky?

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
Anyone else feel like we're on a cosmic collision course with Cronin and UCLA in Hurley's first Tourney appearance as a Husky?
How cool would that be in Cleveland

Mike Honcho

I've lost count of titles
Reaction Score

Thoughts:
So where are these guys ranked? Up 18 to what?
He linked it for you...

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score

Josh Gray:
Why he can push for the Rivals150
: There aren’t many 7-footers with mobility and upside as a rim protector and rebounder left and that’s going to make Gray a priority. He has all of the tools to be a high level prospect and now it’s just a matter of showing up to compete with intensity and producing on a more regular basis.
Recruitment: Offers from Connecticut, Florida State, Georgia, LSU, Rhode Island, Rutgers, St. John’s and others. He may be one who waits until the spring to decide.

if staff is set on a 3 recruit class, but can't land 2 of thomas, jackson, and kadary....does anyone care to speculate if they would take 1 wing and 2 centers instead? maybe gray could be the second center behind cliff/cardwell/gethro/williams/ferguson?

Before Springs, maybe. After Springs, no. With Carlton and Springs there isn't really room.

Projecting out, unless Sid becomes a strong contributor who can shoot, we need a wing with a handle and outside shooting ability most of all. I know Bouk can play there, and probably Adams too. This class, ideally brings a SG like Cam and another bigger wing, to go with a center. 2021 will need to be a PG first class, and probably PF.

Center: Carlton, new guy, Springs (none graduate)
PF: Akok, Polley, Whaley, Springs (none graduate)
SF: Sid, Bouk, Adams (none graduate)
SG: CV, Bouk (by 2020 Bouk, Adams, Gaffney)
PG: AG, Cole, Gaffney (likely just Cole, Gaffney by 2020)

For 2020 we need to hope for
Cliff/Cardwell/Williams/Muscadin
Cam or other scorer
Richmond/Jackson

Reaction Score
For 2020 we need to hope for
Cliff/Cardwell/Williams/Muscadin
Cam or other scorer
Richmond/Jackson

100% agree with what we should be hoping for, and i'm optimistic. but if we can't land 2 of those 3 wings you mentioned who is that "other scorer" supposed to be?

if we got 1 wing (richmond) and 2 centers (cardwell and gray) for 2020 then yes we'd have 3 centers on the roster next year but carlton would be a senior and we'll need a committee to replace him in 2021. two sophomore centers would come in very handy (plus some minutes from springs but he's not a natural center)

i just like to think of the contingency plans and a stable of bigs like calhoun used to have isn't the worst scenario

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
100% agree with what we should be hoping for, and i'm optimistic. but if we can't land 2 of those 3 wings you mentioned who is that "other scorer" supposed to be?

if we got 1 wing (richmond) and 2 centers (cardwell and gray) for 2020 then yes we'd have 3 centers on the roster next year but carlton would be a senior and we'll need a committee to replace him in 2021. two sophomore centers would come in very handy (plus some minutes from springs but he's not a natural center)

i just like to think of the contingency plans and a stable of bigs like calhoun used to have isn't the worst scenario

I think Springs is ultimately much more of a 5 than a 4 for us. He might play some 4 against big lineups, but Akok is going to get a lot of minutes and Polley is going to play as well. I don't think we have room for 4 centers on the 2020-21 roster.

the 2021-22 class will be interesting as we lose Carlton, Polley and Whaley, all bigs. And Akok could potentially be NBA bound by then or the following season.

Last edited:

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
I think Springs is ultimately much more of a 5 than a 4 for us. He might play some 4 against big lineups, but Akok is going to get a lot of minutes and Polley is going to play as well. I don't think we have room for 4 centers on the 2020-21 roster.

the 2021-22 class will be interesting as we lose Carlton, Polley and Whaley, all bigs. And Akok could potentially be NBA bound by then or the following season.

By ultimately do you mean this year? Because he may have to out of necessity, but he’s a face up PF, not a center.

Reaction Score
By ultimately do you mean this year? Because he may have to out of necessity, but he’s a face up PF, not a center.
Is he a shooter/ could he develop into one? It seems as though the staff wants a 4 man that can knock down the 3 ball (hence why people are penciling in Akok and Polley in there).

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom