New Nike Uniforms....

Status
Not open for further replies.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
0LuLQ.jpg

Reaction Score
maybe next game we can wear orange & gold. those aren't UCONN colors either. Yuck!!!

these "special" Nike (and others) uniforms for basketball and football are just getting out of control...and uglier and uglier. And I think this is intentional, but they are more & more trying to give a gangsta look. I sort of like it when UCONN wore blue & white, with an occassional bit of red trim, Georgetown wore grey and blue, and syracuse wore Orange & blue on the road and whiel with orange and blue trim at home. Now these teams look like rec leagues with the combinations, and thugs with the styles.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
maybe next game we can wear orange & gold. those aren't UCONN colors either. Yuck!!!

these "special" Nike (and others) uniforms for basketball and football are just getting out of control...and uglier and uglier. And I think this is intentional, but they are more & more trying to give a gangsta look. I sort of like it when UCONN wore blue & white, with an occassional bit of red trim, Georgetown wore grey and blue, and syracuse wore Orange & blue on the road and whiel with orange and blue trim at home. Now these teams look like rec leagues with the combinations, and thugs with the styles.

42BJ

Definitely the most "thug" looking jerseys I have ever seen.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
The back and especially the jacket are amazing. Well done. The front, well, at least it isn't green.

zls44

Reaction Score
Also, if the names go under the numbers on the back, they are even more awesome.

Reaction Score
I like 'em. But I think what's more important is that recruits like them. And most high school kids love Nike uni's.

Reaction Score
I love the design of the shorts, I wish we'd use those full time instead of the ones we have now. Wish I could see a home white/road blue version of that design.

Penfield

a.k.a PencilForest
Reaction Score
Just got this in a tweet from Kyle Muncy

Kyle Muncy @UConnTrademark
@BpenfieldJ It is hard to tell, but it is black. They are very sharp, but the lack of blue is exactly why they are an alt uni to be worn 1x

So actually I liked the jerseys until I found out that neither white or blue are used in the design.

Switch grey to white and black to blue and I think these would be great primary jerseys.

Reaction Score
nike-hyper-elite-platinum-basketball-uniforms-12.jpg

nike-hyper-elite-platinum-basketball-uniforms-13.jpg

The design is similar to our old classic uniforms, just with the UC instead of the Husky patch. Love the design.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The back and especially the jacket are amazing. Well done. The front, well, at least it isn't green.

I agree, I like 'em.

I like seeing UConn involved with this sort of marketing as well.

zls44

Reaction Score
I like seeing UConn involved with this sort of marketing as well.

There's a reason UConn is involved in this instead of Ole Miss and DePaul. It's a good reason.

zls44

Reaction Score
Apparently the Syracuse ones have the name under the number, so I think they all will. Which is great.

Reaction Score
I kind of think it would have been cool if it said "Huskies" instead of UConn. Go all out.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Hideous. Our colors are National Flag Blue and White not duct tape grey and reflective silver.

Courant says that they 'black" we see is actually Navy Blue. Still it's butt ugly.

Link

Heres the whole line:
6760860467_48ab8c95ce_o.png

I suppose the good news is that 'cuses version looks even worse

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Meh, so you won't see blue for a game.

Get past it, grandpappy.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I would be disappointed if it was just platinum. The fact that it is Hyper Elite Platinum makes all the difference for me.

Reaction Score
I like them. Not sure how I'd feel if they were permanent, but as an alternative, they're great.
Was curious, anyone who follows players on twitter, have members of the team expressed an opinion?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Boston College has to make due with the New Nike Aluminum uniforms. Providence gets Stainless Steel.

We get Hyper Elite Platinum and yet some of you duck*ing cranks are complaining?

You douches deserve nothing more than Polished Nickel.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't personally like them, but as someone mentioned earlier it's all about what the recruits think.

To be included with Duke, UNC, Kentucky, etc. in a new 1 time uniform is better than not to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom