New Nike Uniforms.... | The Boneyard

New Nike Uniforms....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
https://twitter.com/#!/soxanddawgs/status/162198923572813824/photo/1

AkA_D8bCIAAW6H5.jpg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Awful and the wrong color. Let's stick with blue, red and white. No black, no grey.

Reaction Score
So everyone's uniforms are the same gray, the only differentiating colors are the trim?

Reaction Score
I'm guessing they're doing this because everyone goes crazy over the new Oregon football unis that change from week to week.

I'm not a fan. I prefer that the uniforms be about Uconn rather than Nike. The players from the various teams are just going to look like Nike factory drones.

Reaction Score
I don't know what you're talking about, Ohio State's gonna look great it these.

In all seriousness, it's kind of impressive that they managed to remove not only all the blue, but also any traces of white.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I'm afraid to look. To me black uniforms (unless you've had them for 50 years) are for losers.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
I don't know what you're talking about, Ohio State's gonna look great it these.

In all seriousness, it's kind of impressive that they managed to remove not only all the blue, but also any traces of white.

Aren't those just the greys though? I'm sure there's a white and blue version as well, no?

Reaction Score
Aren't those just the greys though? I'm sure there's a white and blue version as well, no?

According to this (which quotes a direct tweet from Kyle Muncy), the men and women are just wearing them for one game each against Notre Dame.

This is a good source (though it reads like it was written by Nike's PR people) which has some better photos: http://www.complex.com/art-design/2012/01/nike-unveils-new-hyper-elite-platinum-basketball-uniforms

One cool thing I kind of like is it seems like they incorporated the 99-06/07 era side panels (blue/white stripe with red accent), and the 3 stars look cool on the back.

That said the article also says one goal was to" help minimize weight while creating a uniform that reads cleanly both on court and on television." This blows my mind considering these ended up silver on gray which I predict (I'm going out on a limb on this one) will not read well on television.

Reaction Score
also, the womens version has red on it. why did they just take away all of our colors?

Reaction Score
According to this (which quotes a direct tweet from Kyle Muncy), the men and women are just wearing them for one game each against Notre Dame.

This is a good source (though it reads like it was written by Nike's PR people) which has some better photos: http://www.complex.com/art-design/2012/01/nike-unveils-new-hyper-elite-platinum-basketball-uniforms

One cool thing I kind of like is it seems like they incorporated the 99-06/07 era side panels (blue/white stripe with red accent), and the 3 stars look cool on the back.

That said the article also says one goal was to" help minimize weight while creating a uniform that reads cleanly both on court and on television." This blows my mind considering these ended up silver on gray which I predict (I'm going out on a limb on this one) will not read well on television.
i think they're pretty heinous although i like that warmup jacket

Reaction Score
I'm always down for new Nike uni's I always loved grey uni's just wish their was more blue and red in them. But all in all their not that bad and if it's only for a game or two thats cool. In this day in age teams are going to have more then 2 unis I like that Nike is being creative in all sports, in with the new out with the old. If you haven't seen the new NFL Nike pro combat jerseys google them they are amazing.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
Whatever. It's 1 game. I bet for performance purposes they're probably awesome. I think they look cool but they have nothing to do with UConn so I would prefer we never wear them again.

Reaction Score
Even though they're only being worn for one game, I still dislike 'em.
Can't tell which they resemble more: steel or aluminum foil.

I just hope some of the players don't end up doing their
"Tin-Man" impersonations we've seen the last couple of games.....

Reaction Score
Not one UConn school color in the whole uni. Gotta love Nike. :confused: But any rag they spit out is deemed "trendy", so what the hey.

Reaction Score
I'm thinking that the pics are dark and all that trim we are assuming in black is actually "national flag" blue.

I like em

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
They're not that bad, and the lighting is pretty poor so they may end up being better than you think. Cool for 1 game.

I would love to see red alternates.

Reaction Score
The red U should be blue. If they made that one change I would warm to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom