Need a new coach, but the hate for Edsall is ridiculous | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Need a new coach, but the hate for Edsall is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don’t think our anger is or should be at Edsall. Boosters forced this hire, his first stint he was the right guy at the right time. 2.0 he was the wrong guy. Everyone knew it, everyone saw it coming, yet we believed the company lines “5 year plan”, “bigger, stronger, faster”, “my guys”, “No transfer portal”, etc. When it didn’t play out the way we were told and believed it would, we became angry! Probably should have been angry at ourselves.

Reaction Score
Edsall wouldve had to have a top 25 season, and couple of 10 win seasons, win a conference against a Rich Rod lead WVU team, at the very stand stand toe to toe against a legit top 25 team, to even be in the ball park of a JC.

Reaction Score
I don’t think our anger is or should be at Edsall. Boosters forced this hire, his first stint he was the right guy at the right time. 2.0 he was the wrong guy. Everyone knew it, everyone saw it coming, yet we believed the company lines “5 year plan”, “bigger, stronger, faster”, “my guys”, “No transfer portal”, etc. When it didn’t play out the way we were told and believed it would, we became angry! Probably should have been angry at ourselves.

There was some promise when Lashlee was here in RE 2.0 1st year here then it all blew up in smoke.

Reaction Score
Finally a logical UCONN fan....

a lot of people will lose their mind but FCS is best for UCONN long term. High level FCS like JMU, North Dakota is good football for the kids and the fans. Especially with the changing landscape of college football, unless your Notre Dame, the independent route leads to nowhere.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Once Lashlee left it was definitely different
The disappointing part of the lashlee departure was that it became obvious to the fans we were back to control freak Edsall. Lashlee taking the OC job here gave me hope that Edsall was going to be more agressive on offense and he would buiid a more diverse staff of non-sycophants.

Nope.

Reaction Score
The disappointing part of the lashlee departure was that it became obvious to the fans we were back to control freak Edsall. Lashlee taking the OC job here gave me hope that Edsall was going to be more agressive on offense and he would buiid a more diverse staff of non-sycophants.

Nope.
Benedict shouldve been all over it and fired Edsall immediately.

Reaction Score
Doesn't Randy have as many wins over ranked teams as Bob Diaco?

Reaction Score
Maybe not quite Calhoun-maybe Dom Perno. Either way, I am NOT embarrassed. I am NOT ashamed. I don't think the kids are quitted. I do NOT take this so personally like many on here. UCONN was primed for big time football when he left. They blew it.

Reaction Score
Time to get to work building the future. The rest is BS. The right guy will be here 3 to 5 years then move up. We have to be like cincy, making good successive hires to keep the program moving into a top 30 team. It is possible and is done often enough.

Reaction Score
He literally is the Jim Calhoun of football for UCONN. He built it up and left it with UCONN administration and they F it up. He came back to try to fix it, but couldn’t do it for various reasons. UCONN football fans act like they have a storied history...delusional fan base.
Kevin Nathan is that you.

Reaction Score
Maybe not quite Calhoun-maybe Dom Perno. Either way, I am NOT embarrassed. I am NOT ashamed. I don't think the kids are quitted. I do NOT take this so personally like many on here. UCONN was primed for big time football when he left. They blew it.
This is True

Reaction Score
He literally is the Jim Calhoun of football for UCONN. He built it up and left it with UCONN administration and they F it up. He came back to try to fix it, but couldn’t do it for various reasons. UCONN football fans act like they have a storied history...delusional fan base.

The man did his best, but he could not overcome the significant recruiting abyss Uconn fell into after the Big East collapse. Go to Rivals or 247Sports and compare Uconn’s recruits (offer lists are important). Uconn has not been able to attract good D1 talent. Without decent talent, he had no shot,

Reaction Score
The man did his best, but he could not overcome the significant recruiting abyss Uconn fell into after the Big East collapse. Go to Rivals or 247Sports and compare Uconn’s recruits (offer lists are important). Uconn has not been able to attract good D1 talent. Without decent talent, he had no shot,
Exactly..UCONN needs to be realistic from a Football standpoint, they need to transition to FCS and become a power there. They can still get 2/3 big paydays a year getting rocked by Clemson, the SEC, etc. CCSU is getting a UofM payday in a few weeks. The need to go all in with the BigEast and forget about being a player in the FBS.

Reaction Score
Finally a logical UCONN fan....

a lot of people will lose their mind but FCS is best for UCONN long term. High level FCS like JMU, North Dakota is good football for the kids and the fans. Especially with the changing landscape of college football, unless your Notre Dame, the independent route leads to nowhere.
I can agree with some of this but it still doesn’t take away from the fact that RE 2.0 was the wrong choice. I don’t hate the man, just don’t care either way & glad he’s gone.

Reaction Score
Exactly..UCONN needs to be realistic from a Football standpoint, they need to transition to FCS and become a power there. They can still get 2/3 big paydays a year getting rocked by Clemson, the SEC, etc. CCSU is getting a UofM payday in a few weeks. The need to go all in with the BigEast and forget about being a player in the FBS.
NO. NO. NO. Let's see what we can do with a decent coach/decent coordinators. We do not want to go back to having our rival be URI.

Reaction Score
No. He is the Dom Perno of UConn football. Dom brought UConn from division 1 independent into the Big East. Randy Edsall took UConn from A-10 into division 1 independent and into the Big East.

Redding Husky

UConn & SMU alum
Reaction Score
Correct.

Reaction Score
Holy cow. Basketball only heads are going to destroy UConn sports. Mark my words. Talk about being disconnected from the realities of college sports.

Reaction Score
Holy cow. Basketball only heads are going to destroy UConn sports. Mark my words. Talk about being disconnected from the realities of college sports.
The basketball onlies are so blind that they don't understand our peer institutions according to UConn are Big Ten schools, not Big East schools.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think we'll all look back fondly at RE1.0s time here, besides how he exited. There's just nothing positive to say about RE2.0 really. It's not like he tried to fix the program out of the goodness of his heart, he got paid millions and made no progress.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I will always have a soft spot for Randy Edsall. He brought the programs from the trailers to a Fiesta Bowl.

This time around was not what many had hoped for after the Diaco disaster. Now it is time to move on.
I will never forget beating USF on a Taggert field goal, Pitt in OT, beating WV finally, Beating Notre Dame, and winning over South Carolina. There were other wins, like Louisville where the night after UConn lost the heart and soul of the team in Jasper Howard. How Randy Edsall lead after that tragedy and did what he could for his family and baby he never meet. I will always have a soft spot for Randy Edsall.

Good luck in retirement coach Edsall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman