Need a new coach, but the hate for Edsall is ridiculous | The Boneyard

Need a new coach, but the hate for Edsall is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
He literally is the Jim Calhoun of football for UCONN. He built it up and left it with UCONN administration and they F it up. He came back to try to fix it, but couldn’t do it for various reasons. UCONN football fans act like they have a storied history...delusional fan base.

Reaction Score
This post got me real fired up for 5 seconds, but then I realized he’s finally gone! So not going to waste my energy. Ready to turn the page.

He literally is the Jim Calhoun of football for UCONN. He built it up and left it with UCONN administration and they F it up. He came back to try to fix it, but couldn’t do it for various reasons. UCONN football fans act like they have a storied history...delusional fan base.

Reaction Score
Wrong. Jim Calhoun won championships.. National championships. Edsall never came close to what Calhoun accomplished with the basketball program.

Reaction Score
I have to agree with this. Even remembering how pi**ed off I was when he left for MD, he built the program from scratch to prominence. Yes, he contributed to the downfall but the AD selections of PP and Ed Pants dropped the program into the dumpster. Dumpsters are very difficult to climb out of.

Reaction Score
Wrong. Jim Calhoun won championships.. National championships. Edsall never came close to what Calhoun accomplished with the basketball program.
You definitely are delusional lol...unless your Alabama,Clemson,Ohio State A winning record and yearly bowl games is successful as hell for a school that’s played D1 for less then 20 years.

Reaction Score
I have to agree with this. Even remembering how pi**ed off I was when he left for MD, he built the program from scratch to prominence. Yes, he contributed to the downfall but the AD selections of PP and Ed Pants dropped the program into the dumpster. Dumpsters are very difficult to climb out of.
I wasn’t mad when he left. Concerned but hopeful someone could take them higher. Obviously didn’t happen.

Reaction Score
Getting to a BCS bowl is not small potatoes.
And it isn’t a national championship either. Some might argue that we didn’t even deserve to be there. But a comparison to Calhoun?????? That’s ridiculous. He’s beaten the best of the best in college basketball many times.

Reaction Score
And it isn’t a national championship either. Some might argue that we didn’t even deserve to be there. But a comparison to Calhoun?????? That’s ridiculous. He’s beaten the best of the best in college basketball many times.
The comparison is valid for UCONN. Basketball wasn’t before Calhoun, just like UCONN football before Edsall.

Reaction Score
You definitely are delusional lol...unless your Alabama,Clemson,Ohio State A winning record and yearly bowl games is successful as hell for a school that’s played D1 for less then 20 years.
I don’t think anyone would argue with you on that. Edsall was successful, But you’re comparing Edsall to a coach who brought a basketball program that could compare to schools like an Alabama, Clemson, and the Ohio States of basketball and that’s the difference, and I’m delusional… smh

Reaction Score
The comparison is valid for UCONN. Basketball wasn’t before Calhoun, just like UCONN football before Edsall.
I’m done going back and forth with you. I can see it’s going to be a waste of time

Reaction Score
I don’t think anyone would argue with you on that. But you’re comparing Edsall to a coach who brought a basketball program that could compare to schools like an Alabama, Clemson, and the Ohio States of basketball and that’s the difference, and I’m delusional… smh
We’ll agree to disagree...too much hate for a guy that put UCONN football on the map, which is what Geno and Calhoun did for basketball. UCONN administration is more to blame for the current garbage football team

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
UConn was a regional power at times before Calhoun and had some moments. Football had very few moments through the years. Maybe Joe Morrone would be a better comp as he built the soccer program up before slipping in the end.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
I don’t really want to push this subject, but what if is Edsall if Danny O never came here to literally carry this team up the ladder and make it a place other kids followed? I shutter to think too long about it. Most UConn fans are comfortable with the view that Randy 1.0 did great things to make this place, but if you really want to think longer about it- a lot of credit goes to Danny O. Without Danny O would we have moved past a 3-5 win team? It’s not clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom