NCAA Tournament, week 1 of 3 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

NCAA Tournament, week 1 of 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Zags finally win a Tourney game. After going to the Sweet 16 in their first appearance w/ Coach Fortier, their Tourney record had been poor. Last year's loss was especially perplexing.
Enjoyed every minute of that game. Rooting for Yvonne Ejim big time. Thought she broke out during the FIBA U19 tournament. Earned 6th woman of the year for the WCC to cap a strong season.

The GIF below is a fair representation of me every time she made a play or the announcers said her name. :D
Leonardo Dicaprio Reaction GIF by Once Upon A Time In Hollywood

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Ark vs Utah going on. So Daniels is back. That should be a big difference.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
The SEC is gonna have 90% of its teams gone in the first weekend if this continues.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Utah should win this game IMO. Luckily for them, they're playing against another power 5 team, so they have a chance. :)
Teams I rarely seen. The Utah kid Maxwell just lets 3's go.

Reaction Score
Utah should win this game IMO. Luckily for them, they're playing against another power 5 team, so they have a chance. :)
Since when has Arkansas been decent playing outside of their arena? They seem to get on fire shooting the 3 ball at home but seem lost more times than not when they leave Fayetteville.

They were sent home last year against wright St in the opening round.

But I think Utah is the better team and they are hot off their run at PAC 12 tournament.

Reaction Score
South Carolina's game started out something like 44 - 4. What a start. They shot 35% and still won by 58 points. I don't think they liked losing to Kentucky....

Reaction Score
The SEC isn't "Great" top to bottom, you have a few good teams then a bunch of subpar/average teams. Of course you may be able to say that for many P5 conferences.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@Plebe's consistent, and appreciated reminders, is something I say to friends who have kids in AAU hoping to get recruited. Too many kids focus on the P5 label. They're also not being realistic as to whether they can handle that level.

The amount of quality basketball out there being played by teams in all D1 conferences is larger than people realize. It's so frustrating, especially when you see some players transferring multiple times.

I really hope to players getting ready for the upcoming AAU season are taking notice. I know it's hard to assess, but the fit is so important in my opinion.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Brilliant ploy by Neighbors. Have a worse season and get a 10 seed, so that the first-round loss is less humiliating than getting upset by a 13 seed in the 1st round :rolleyes:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Seriously, I'm happy for Utah. I was thrilled for them a few years ago (2019?) when they seemed to make a breakthrough, beating Stanford. Then they were bit by injuries, faded down the stretch, missed the NCAA Tournament, and lost Pac-12 FOY Dre'una Edwards to transfer, a devastating turn of events for them.

They had a few bad years since then, but these freshmen Kneepkens and Johnson are something special.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
4-1 start for Non-P5s vs P5s for 5/12, 6/11, 7/10, and 8/9 games. Georgia/Dayton is the last one of the day, 6 more tomorrow.

I'm not surprised at Arkansas getting blown out, but I am surprised Ole Miss faded so early. Wouldn't be surprised if the SEC gets just 1 or 2 teams into the Round of 16. They looked red hot earlier in the year but have been faltering as of late.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Utah hammers Arkansas 92-69.
Crazy 3pt shooting for Utah. 13-20 . Crazy how some teams like Dayton and Utah in the 1st game of the tournament when nerves should be highest can have shooting nights like this.

Curious to see what GA does with Dayton which is just starting

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I'm not surprised at Arkansas getting blown out, but I am surprised Ole Miss faded so early. Wouldn't be surprised if the SEC gets just 1 or 2 teams into the Round of 16. They looked red hot earlier in the year but have been faltering as of late.
Until they prove otherwise, to me South Carolina is an elite team and the rest of the SEC are pretenders. Mississippi St. was helping carrying the banner for the league while Vic was there but have fallen off a cliff since he left.

Plebe

Reaction Score
4-1 start for Non-P5s vs P5s for 5/12, 6/11, 7/10, and 8/9 games. Georgia/Dayton is the last one of the day, 6 more tomorrow.

I don't foresee Dayton challenging Georgia. They had their once in a lifetime shooting game against DePaul. No way they have a 2nd game in a row like that.

Home court advantage in the first weekend is a big deal. I don't see LSU or Tennessee losing at home to the teams they might face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom