OT: - NBA Playoffs | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: NBA Playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Players own half of all revenue why would they boycott their own league after the league office Okayed all their absurd demands? Republicans don’t even watch the NBA.

Reaction Score
Players own half of all revenue why would they boycott their own league after the league office Okayed all their absurd demands? Republicans don’t even watch the NBA.

The point isn't about money. That the players are willing to potentially sacrifice that money for a cause they care about should show you that it is important to them.

Plenty of Republicans watch the NBA. But I get the gist--it's no NFL. The players are using what social capital they have to attempt to make the change. No, it isn't going to reach as many right-wingers as an NFL team could or a NASCAR race or something. But they aren't switching sports so they can protest to a more Republican fan base.

The players are using what clout they have to attempt to make an important change. Some people have more voice than others. But collectively, it is louder.

Reaction Score
The murdering is being done by the people who claim to be against the the destruction of public property just so we have that straight. Knowing your posting history you intentionally lumped them in with the looting and destruction of public property people you've seen on the news. Some of the destruction of public property and looting is being done by them as well.

I have him on ignore and still knew who you were talking about. I thought his schtick was trolling for a LONG time. But he's stayed in character for so long, I truly believe that he's genuinely this obtuse. Clowns like him aren't going anywhere, but it's nice to see idiots get shouted down on the 'yard.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Might be hard for some people to grasp, but sometimes there's things more important than money
But they’re labeling it a boycott ie money being involved. Anyway they don’t have any leverage they can’t control public policy and it won’t change a single vote, their audience all agrees. The league already gave them everything they wanted. It’s all just election year nonsense.

Reaction Score
But they’re labeling it a boycott ie money being involved. Anyway they don’t have any leverage they can’t control public policy and it won’t change a single vote, their audience all agrees. The league already gave them everything they wanted. It’s all just election year nonsense.

It's just common parlance to call it a boycott unless you are specifically upset at your employer.

Reaction Score
It looks like the Yankees have boycotted their season already.
Judge is just a walking injury, a real shame because when healthy Trout is probably the only position player better than him.

Reaction Score

Of course they did.... It IS about the money after all. I for one could not care less if they never come back. I feel the same about the NFL and MLB. Politics has no place in sports, the same way politics has no place in The Boneyard.

Reaction Score
Of course they did.... It IS about the money after all. I for one could not care less if they never come back. I feel the same about the NFL and MLB. Politics has no place in sports, the same way politics has no place in The Boneyard.
So NBA players watch their fellow Black Americans getting slain by the police week after week, finally decide that they’re sick of it enough to where they won’t play the game they love and have sacrificed for, and you call that “politics”.

Reaction Score
So NBA players watch their fellow Black Americans getting slain by the police week after week, finally decide that they’re sick of it enough to where they won’t play the game they love and have sacrificed for, and you call that “politics”.
There's a lot of trashbags on here but it's honestly less than any other fan board. The country is unfortunately full of trashbags.

Reaction Score
Jamal Murray is unbelievably talented on the offensive end.

Reaction Score
the morris foul against luka tho

E90D165E-1513-4882-9279-1CA3B160B349.gif

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Did not watch but Celtics owned Toronto. I think Boston wins this thing.

Reaction Score
Did not watch but Celtics owned Toronto. I think Boston wins this thing.

I think they beat the Raptors.

I doubt they get past the Bucks in the ECF or the Clips/Lakers in the finals. This coming from the biggest Celtics homer their is.

If any 1 of Brown/Tatum/Kemba/Smart has an off game, they are going to lose. Today all 4 were firing on all cylinders. Having Hayward allowed one of them to have a bad day and still compete at a high level.

The celtics also just don't have a very good bench. Can't expect 10/5/2 out of Robert Williams every night. And Kanter is basically unplayable after the first round outside of very specific matchups because of his defense.

Stevens is a wizard in late game situations. If the Celtics can keep it within 5 pts in the last 2 minutes, I like our chances to beat anyone.

Reaction Score
I think they beat the Raptors.

I doubt they get past the Bucks in the ECF or the Clips/Lakers in the finals. This coming from the biggest Celtics homer their is.

If any 1 of Brown/Tatum/Kemba/Smart has an off game, they are going to lose. Today all 4 were firing on all cylinders. Having Hayward allowed one of them to have a bad day and still compete at a high level.

The celtics also just don't have a very good bench. Can't expect 10/5/2 out of Robert Williams every night. And Kanter is basically unplayable after the first round outside of very specific matchups because of his defense.

Stevens is a wizard in late game situations. If the Celtics can keep it within 5 pts in the last 2 minutes, I like our chances to beat anyone.

I think they'll have a fight with Toronto for the reasons you mentioned - not much of a margin for error if one or two guys has an off night. If they beat Toronto I think they'd have a better shot at Milwaukee this year but I'd still be surprised if they come out of the East. I don't see them beating either one of the LA teams - certainly not the Clips.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The defense was so bad in the Utah/Denver game that it actually took away from great performances by Donovan Mitchell and Jamal Murray. That would be bad difference for a YMCA pickup game, there are not words for how terrible it was for an NBA playoff game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom