NBA Playoffs 2023

why do you like the celtics?

• sixers

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • celtics

Votes: 65 82.3%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Kevin Love is giving Aaron Gordon the Andre Jackson treatment early. Not even pretending to guard him, just hovering the paint for Jokic

Just picked up a defensive 3 seconds for it though lol

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Was listening to the nuggets miami game on the radio in the background and for sure heard someone say "with English".

Made me wonder if the younger generation knows what that means. Below is a picture of my parents the night they bought their first home. I was 2 and probably holding my Dad's beer in the background.

September 1972.jpg

I grew up with my Bronx raised Dad yelling at me to "use a little English" whenever a ball was involved. Sometimes a ball wasn't even in the equation..

For those too young;

Reaction Score
Nuggets are a monster. This already would've happened if they were healthy. Jokic is the oldest guy out of their core 6, I'm not counting KCP but he should be a part of the core and he's only around 30. Only way they don't win a few is if Jokic goes back to Serbia to live with his horses.

Reaction Score
Pierce is okay.

Just a millionaire drunk uncle is all.
Avoid going out drinking with Pierce. Julian Edelman learned the hard way.

“I kick it with Paul Pierce a bunch,” Edelman told podcast hosts Gilbert Arenas and Josiah Johnson. “You guys remember I got arrested for hood sliding on a car? You know that? Me and Paul Pierce hanging out. Too much tequila.”

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Avoid going out drinking with Pierce. Julian Edelman learned the hard way.

“I kick it with Paul Pierce a bunch,” Edelman told podcast hosts Gilbert Arenas and Josiah Johnson. “You guys remember I got arrested for hood sliding on a car? You know that? Me and Paul Pierce hanging out. Too much tequila.”

Yeah don’t go out drinking with the drunk uncle by yourself. He’ll get you in trouble.

Fun to talk to at family functions with a lot of people around though.

Most would be amazed at what these guys are able to do off the court while being able to perform on it. I’ve heard about former MVPs that league doctors had to put on K2 because of how much they were addicted to Mary Jane. Needed it to function. Lol

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Stay off the weeeed! (If you remember that rant from Stephen A.)

“Somebody’s gotta tell Paul Pierce you’re a champion bro! Is that how you wanna be seen?” Smith said.

He further scolded Pierce for behaving in ways he didn’t when he was with the Celtics, representing a storied franchise versus representing companies like Disney, who owns ESPN.

“You mean too much to the game of basketball for us to see you like that,” Smith said.
Judge not, Stephen A

Reaction Score
Yeah don’t go out drinking with the drunk uncle by yourself. He’ll get you in trouble.

Fun to talk to at family functions with a lot of people around though.

Most would be amazed at what these guys are able to do off the court while being able to perform on it. I’ve heard about former MVPs that league doctors had to put on K2 because of how much they were addicted to Mary Jane. Needed it to function. Lol
I'm going to guess there is a 0% chance that NBA league doctors put players on synthetic weed that is worse for you than actual weed because they were addicted to actual weed.

Reaction Score
I'm going to guess there is a 0% chance that NBA league doctors put players on synthetic weed that is worse for you than actual weed because they were addicted to actual weed.

"Okay I'm going to have you hit this Spice real quick to level you out. Ignore the urge to eat someone's face, this will treat your marijuana addiction."

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It’s a very second hand source. But the reasoning behind it was so he could pass drug tests during the season. Not because it was actually better for him. You can probably imagine a scenario where the NBA would not want an MVP candidate being suspended because he can’t pass a drug test.

I 100% know first hand there’s guys who used to play for UConn who did K2 during their post UConn basketball seasons for the same purpose. It’s good that they did away with those stupid drug tests so guys don’t have to do that anymore.

Reaction Score
Stay off the weeeed! (If you remember that rant from Stephen A.)

“Somebody’s gotta tell Paul Pierce you’re a champion bro! Is that how you wanna be seen?” Smith said.

He further scolded Pierce for behaving in ways he didn’t when he was with the Celtics, representing a storied franchise versus representing companies like Disney, who owns ESPN.

“You mean too much to the game of basketball for us to see you like that,” Smith said.

What a narc.

Reaction Score
The return of Big East refs and a total Hack Fest by Miami on the Nuggets.

That being said, Denver shooting 1 for 15 from 3 does not help.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Hard to believe these are the two best teams, just terrible shooting.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom