2022 Recruiting: - Nahiem Alleyne commits to UConn! | Page 5 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Nahiem Alleyne commits to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
For sure. But reporting inaccurate info is a good way to build skepticism in one's info
Yeah not a Shreyas fan at all. After the plagiarism bit with Borges and his tweeting like a 12 year old girl I had to unfollow him

Reaction Score
Yeah not a Shreyas fan at all. After the plagiarism bit with Borges and his tweeting like a 12 year old girl I had to unfollow him
plagiarize borges? how lazy can you be. that's almost zagoria level lazy but he just plagiarizes himself.

Reaction Score
Never knew it was about Shreyas, but Borges tweeted this out back in March. Looking through some of the comments, I guess Shreyas might have taken a quote that was given only to Borges, but not 100% sure.

The comment section on twitter found it was Shreya and posted it at one point but looks to be deleted now. If I’m wrong, I apologize for that (not the 12 year old girl part)

Reaction Score
Sorry if this was posted already. Interesting quotes about why he chose UConn. Also interesting that Zagoria spoke to him before the commitment and sat on it. I'd imagine that happens a lot in the media.

“For a while I’ve been looking for these three things and UConn really checks off all the boxes. The first thing was skill development. I really feel like going on that visit and watching them work out, I really felt like those guys were competing and getting better every single day in the workouts they were doing. I just felt like I can really get better in the situation that they will put me in."

Reaction Score
Sorry if this was posted already. Interesting quotes about why he chose UConn. Also interesting that Zagoria spoke to him before the commitment and sat on it. I'd imagine that happens a lot in the media.

“For a while I’ve been looking for these three things and UConn really checks off all the boxes. The first thing was skill development. I really feel like going on that visit and watching them work out, I really felt like those guys were competing and getting better every single day in the workouts they were doing. I just felt like I can really get better in the situation that they will put me in."

The workouts are just Hurley yelling "try harder!" no? That's what I heard.

Reaction Score
Shreyas hasn't been good at all. Half his tweets read like speech to text

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
Reclassified up a year so we’re really getting a true junior with 2 years of eligibility.

Reaction Score
Another article with some good quotes. Sorry again if posted already (I didn't see it).

“I feel like we're capable of great things,” he said. “We've got guys that can shoot it, go down hill and the playstyle is something that I think I need in my game. We're very guard heavy and can also shoot it and I think adding another piece to my game of going downhill more will help me a lot.

“They kind of just told me they need a veteran guy who can help us turn this program around and build that winning culture since I'm considered a winner. I've played a lot of basketball. I have a lot of experience and they're trying to develop my game to not only be a shooter but to be an all around player. I know I can build around the guys that they have like Hawkins, Andre, and the rest of the guys. I can already tell those are guys I want to be around. They compete, fight defensively and I can't wait to work with them.”

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

Zags has been around the block. If the kid or Dan doesn’t want it out until today he sits on it. Or he doesn’t get the info next time.

I like the comment. Some people gave me crap the other day, but Hurley absolutely knows what your holes are for pro ball and focuses on fixing them. Cole improved his defense tremendously. Martin his ball handling and outside shooting. We know Hawk is getting bigger and working on ball handling. We know Jackson is working on shooting and scoring at the rim. Hasn’t been reported but I am confident Sanogo is working on a jump shot and attacking off the dribble. It all benefits the team, yes. But it also benefits the player. I think that’s what he’s seeing. Newton too.

Reaction Score
yes with sanogo and clingan getting ~35 mpg at C that only leaves ~5 mpg for samson so he has to get at least 15 mpg at PF.

but i was responding to a post saying AJ would be the starting 4. so if AJ is getting at least 20 mpg at the 4 and samson is getting 15 mpg there as well, that has to push karaban to SF. math.
Samson I think gets 10 at PF and Karban get 10 at PF. I just shuffling the minutes to smaller lineups. If either these guys are better than we think they might squeeze AJ's minutes but I 'm sure AJ will at least get 30 minutes to start.

Reaction Score
Shreyas hasn't been good at all. Half his tweets read like speech to text

I guess don’t follow him on Twitter then? I enjoy getting information from sportswriters who don’t act as if covering games and programs is equivalent to a stint in the gulag. It’s why Fanta and Dauster and the Field of 68 guys are so good.

Reaction Score

Rob Dauster confirmed as much after the Castle commit

Reaction Score
I guess don’t follow him on Twitter then? I enjoy getting information from sportswriters who don’t act as if covering games and programs is equivalent to a stint in the gulag. It’s why Fanta and Dauster and the Field of 68 guys are so good.
Yeah he's a little more informal than some of the journo lifers on twitter, but it's extremely clear that dude loves ball. I appreciate that enthusiasm.

Reaction Score
I would expect at least 5. Sanogo, Newton, and Hawkins are guaranteed to be double digit guys. Jackson will make the leap, and Alleyne should get there too.

I have no idea what to expect from Karaban and Johnson, points wise. Probably like 4PPG from Karaban and 6PPG from Johnson?

If we land Rudi or Castle, I think they sniff double digits too. So I predict we will have 5 double digit PPG guys, with a possibility of 6 depending on who that guard spot goes to
Karaban is much better than people realize. I expect him to be a key piece next year

Reaction Score
This article has a lot about 4 other guards the Huskies are after.

I love the idea of Dennis. Just think his defensive intensity would be great to have from a matchup perspective.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

He’s young and pretty enthusiastic. Seems like a good guy to me.

Reaction Score
If we're talking about journalists/college basketball guys we love/hate. Does anyone else get the feeling that we all love John Fanta now and 10+ years from now we'll all hate him?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If we're talking about journalists/college basketball guys we love/hate. Does anyone else get the feeling that we all love John Fanta now and 10+ years from now we'll all hate him?

He’s the Red Panda of announcers right now - you have to pretend to love him even if you don’t.

I can take or leave most of these guys, but I do appreciate that he’l show up and put the same kind of enthusiasm into a UConn-Providence softball game that he would with a UConn-Providence basketball game.

Reaction Score
We still have a lot of minutes in the back court. You could add another really good guy and say you three guys are going to split time at the 1 and 2. Or you can add two younger guys and kinda see which ones figure it out as ur backup 1 and 2. Also prolly need to add another big.
Chief sees AJax as more of a point forward than a point guard. We need him close to the basket on both defense and offense, so that he can rebound. He’s at least our second best rebounder, if not our best.
I see Andre taking the rebound and turning up court with the ball but not as our primary ball handler. LOL - the head coach currently may have other thoughts but that’s how it will be I think when the dust settles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom