2022 Recruiting: - Nahiem Alleyne commits to UConn! | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2022 Recruiting: Nahiem Alleyne commits to UConn!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
They’re obviously not done yet, but they prioritized their targets, got them on campus, and are two for two. They were not part of Nahiem’s initial wave of contacts. I think some players see through the programs that reach out to anyone and everyone. They put in the work and sold him on their program and how they go about doing things. Now, onto the next one.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Alleyne will probably be the 5th or 6th leading scorer on next years team. Hopefully a more consistent version of Polley for our bench. We all know the season hinges on Newton/Jackson/Hawkins/Sanogo being all Big East level players. It’s about filling the holes around them.
6 double digit scorers next year sounds pretty good to me!!

BrysonDeMan

Hits Bombs
Reaction Score
we still have 4 open schollys... with 1 more good transfer we'll be better than last year and i dont get how you could think otherwise. of the guys that actually played we're replacing cole, martin, polley, and whaley with newton, alleyne, another good transfer, and karaban, plus improvements from hawkins, jackson, sanogo, and samson....
and will be playing a much more un-cluttered offense

Reaction Score
This article has a lot about 4 other guards the Huskies are after.

No clue how hard we are going after any of these guys. Tweets suggested that the staff is pursuing Johnson to play with Alleyne. But the writer is also including Jahmir, who stated he cancelled his visit because of Newton's commitment. It would be nice if our local journos were more informed than the average Yarder.

Reaction Score
6 double digit scorers next year sounds pretty good to me!!
I would expect at least 5. Sanogo, Newton, and Hawkins are guaranteed to be double digit guys. Jackson will make the leap, and Alleyne should get there too.

I have no idea what to expect from Karaban and Johnson, points wise. Probably like 4PPG from Karaban and 6PPG from Johnson?

If we land Rudi or Castle, I think they sniff double digits too. So I predict we will have 5 double digit PPG guys, with a possibility of 6 depending on who that guard spot goes to

Reaction Score
No clue how hard we are going after any of these guys. Tweets suggested that the staff is pursuing Johnson to play with Alleyne. But the writer is also including Jahmir, who stated he cancelled his visit because of Newton's commitment. It would be nice if our local journos were more informed than the average Yarder.
He’s probably had parts of that article written for a while and just sat on it until it was complete

Reaction Score
Or we could go small with

with Alleyne at the 1-3, Karaban the 3/4, Johnson and Clingan at the 5.
Alleyne at the 1? idk about that. newton, castle, and aj are the ball handlers.

with sanogo commanding 30 mpg and trying to find some minutes for Clingan, samson will have to get most of his minutes at the 4. and if aj is starting at the 4 then that would push karaban to the 3. the only issue with starting a small ball lineup is that our bigs really get squeezed.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

with sanogo commanding 30 mpg at C and trying to find some minutes for Clingan there as well, that would have to push samson to PF for most of his minutes, which in turn would push karaban to the 3.
Not necessarily. Johnson could start at the 4 with Karaban backing him up. Jackson would also see some minutes at the 4 if we go small. I think this year will be a developmental year for Clinigan. I think he gets 5 minutes a game. Obviously that would open 5 minutes for Johnson at the 5 too if Sanogo got 30 at the 5.

Reaction Score
He’s probably had parts of that article written for a while and just sat on it until it was complete

For sure. But reporting inaccurate info is a good way to build skepticism in one's info

Reaction Score
If we really do put Jackson at the 4 a lot I'm sure Johnson won't be too happy with his role.
There's still at least 20 minutes if not more available for him at the 4 and 5, that's plenty to keep him happy

Reaction Score
Wait, who is Johnson? Missed this.

Reaction Score
Not necessarily. Johnson could start at the 4 with Karaban backing him up. Jackson would also see some minutes at the 4 if we go small. I think this year will be a developmental year for Clinigan. I think he gets 5 minutes a game. Obviously that would open 5 minutes for Johnson at the 5 too if Sanogo got 30 at the 5.
yes with sanogo and clingan getting ~35 mpg at C that only leaves ~5 mpg for samson so he has to get at least 15 mpg at PF.

but i was responding to a post saying AJ would be the starting 4. so if AJ is getting at least 20 mpg at the 4 and samson is getting 15 mpg there as well, that has to push karaban to SF. math.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
yes with sanogo and clingan getting ~35 mpg at C that only leaves ~5 mpg for samson so he has to get at least 15 mpg at PF.

but i was responding to a post saying AJ would be the starting 4. so if AJ is getting at least 20 mpg at the 4 and samson is getting 15 mpg there as well, that has to push karaban to SF. math.
Just going to predict that if he gets 20+ mpg (and I think he should and will) he’s going to score more than the 6 ppg somebody suggested. He’s not offensively challenged like Jackson last year. He can hit 3s and unlike most of our guys, loves to dunk.

Reaction Score
Pretty sure he means Rudi Williams. (Rudi Johnson was a famous running back with the same spelling and obviously we have a Johnson, so probably just one of those brain things).

Correct on all accounts.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
You can't ever make everyone happy, so I think you load up the best team you can and let them fight it out so you can possible have the best team in the country.
Is this something new?

Reaction Score

with sanogo commanding 30 mpg and trying to find some minutes for Clingan, samson will have to get most of his minutes at the 4. and if aj is starting at the 4 then that would push karaban to the 3. the only issue with starting a small ball lineup is that our bigs really get squeezed.
Good problems to have.. Finally

Reaction Score
For sure. But reporting inaccurate info is a good way to build skepticism in one's info
Meh it’s like the kid’s first job out of college I think. Pretty sure he had a plagerism oopsie a couple months ago too lol but he’s learning. Cant expect a 23 year old to be a seasoned vet in the big J game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom