Must win??

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
It's only January. Butt yes, we have to Butler at home

Reaction Score
Yes must win just to keep us ranked higher than gaffneys new home!!!!#24 FAU

Reaction Score
Not a must win. This is just the drama leading up to the seeding leading up to the tournament where every win is a must win.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
I seriously ask all of you is this a must win? I know it’s somewhat early still but for this team it’s not. Especially mentally, it’s getting late and they really need a win, a solid game for 40 minutes against a pretty good team but one they should beat.

For me it YES,
For me also. Yes it is. Right now we have lost all respect in the CBB world. Fellow Big Easters are rated higher than us. We look absolutely pitiful. Butler has scouted us and watched tapes of our losses to make a game plan. If our boys win today it better start a complete turn around.
I seriously ask all of you is this a must win? I know it’s somewhat early still but for this team it’s not. Especially mentally, it’s getting late and they really need a win, a solid game for 40 minutes against a pretty good team but one they should beat.

For me it YES, need to have it.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
It’s a must win.

There is also way more downside to a loss than upside to the Win too. If we win, great , we need it badly. Our season can still end in the crapper obviously after today, but this one is one you have to have if you have any designs of turning this around again this season.

If we lose today, I fear it will be a statement that this team is totally lost, and in March we will be analyzing one of the most epic collapses in recent memory. Just my gut. Hope I’m wrong.

I’d prefer to win. :)

Reaction Score
Not a must win. This is just the drama leading up to the seeding leading up to the tournament where every win is a must win.

Drama? They’ve lost 5 of 6 and a loss versus Butler would make that 7 of 8 because at that point Xavier would cruise by us. There’s no talk of seedings at 15-7 it’s bubble talk at that point. Today is beyond MUST.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It’s a must win.

There is also way more downside to a loss than upside to the Win too. If we win, great , we need it badly. Our season can still end in the crapper obviously after today, but this one is one you have to have if you have any designs of turning this around again this season.

If we lose today, I fear it will be a statement that this team is totally lost, and in March we will be analyzing one of the most epic collapses in recent memory. Just my gut. Hope I’m wrong.

I’d prefer to win. :)
This is why a close win does little for me either. It would mean a bad team beat another bad team while playing at home. For actual encouragement I need it to look more like our prior game against Butler. That could signal that they are figuring things out.

Reaction Score
Drama? They’ve lost 5 of 6 and a loss versus Butler would make that 7 of 8 because at that point Xavier would cruise by us. There’s no talk of seedings at 15-7 it’s bubble talk at that point. Today is beyond MUST.
Go .500 for the balance, 20 wins going into BET. Of course you want to win, but UConn is not yet in Must Win territory on any one game.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score

For me it YES, need to have it.
Yep

Reaction Score
Go .500 for the balance, 20 wins going into BET. Of course you want to win, but UConn is not yet in Must Win territory on any one game.

They were in that territory without a doubt but appreciate the perspective.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom