Must win?? | The Boneyard

Must win??

Reaction Score
I seriously ask all of you is this a must win? I know it’s somewhat early still but for this team it’s not. Especially mentally, it’s getting late and they really need a win, a solid game for 40 minutes against a pretty good team but one they should beat.

For me it YES, need to have it.

Reaction Score
I seriously ask all of you is this a must win? I know it’s somewhat early still but for this team it’s not. Especially mentally, it’s getting late and they really need a win, a solid game for 40 minutes against a pretty good team but one they should beat.

I couldn’t agree more, they lost what ever they had from a month ago and they need to find their way quickly or a once super promising season could be lost.

Reaction Score
As much as I would like to pickup an easy double digit win, nothing would help this team more right now than winning a close, scrappy, back and forth game with good late game execution by the players and coaches, with someone on the team stepping up and leading down the stretch.

pj

Reaction Score
As much as I would like to pickup an easy double digit win, nothing would help this team more right now than winning a close, scrappy, back and forth game with good late game execution by the players and coaches, with someone on the team stepping up and leading down the stretch.

Seton Hall is going to be a tough out at home. They'll have to be tough-scrappy-gritty to win, whether or not the game goes to the wire.

Reaction Score
Gotta get off the mat and stop the bleeding

1674047671063.gif

Reaction Score
Has to be. And also will be a grind. Breaking a bad run like this, the first big road win is the toughest, I dont care who is the opponent.

Reaction Score
We absolutely do. Xavier is a train right now
This is sobering: The site linked below allows you to play with conference game outcomes to see how the BET seeding would play out. The default result for future matchups is determined by Sagarin rating. As of now, according to who is favored by Sagarin, UConn would win every remaining game except @ Creighton. Even if that happened, and all the other Sagarin-predicted results played out, UConn would be seeded 5th in the BET.

Edit: Interestingly, I did a "worst-case scenario" in which UConn loses all of their remaining "losable" games (according to me), resulting in a 10-10 conference record. This also results in a 5-seed.

Reaction Score
Do we think DH will change the lineup and/or the plan? Or will he go all in on the original strategy? I kind of think he's got to change. Unless players got their attitudes adjusted.

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score

Yes

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
If we lose we have a losing BE record and would be below Seton Hall. BY would need to be shut down for a week or 2.
Especially with the talent on this squad

Reaction Score

absolutely

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
For the sake of not falling below .500 in the league it’s a must win but a loss wouldn’t crush us. A win would have a larger positive impact than a loss would have a negative impact.

Reaction Score
A must win? Yes, for many reasons. But I'm more concerned about HOW we win. It's time we play a complete 40 minutes within Big East play. Need contributions from all the integral parts on both ends of the floor to get this wagon rolling again.

Reaction Score
This is sobering: The site linked below allows you to play with conference game outcomes to see how the BET seeding would play out. The default result for future matchups is determined by Sagarin rating. As of now, according to who is favored by Sagarin, UConn would win every remaining game except @ Creighton. Even if that happened, and all the other Sagarin-predicted results played out, UConn would be seeded 5th in the BET.

Edit: Interestingly, I did a "worst-case scenario" in which UConn loses all of their remaining "losable" games (according to me), resulting in a 10-10 conference record. This also results in a 5-seed.
Well ya, if all the good teams win their remaining games besides against us the standings will have relatively no change. Fortunately there is a 0% chance that's how the season plays out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom