Music lovers | The Boneyard

Music lovers

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Tonight CNN is airing a special about the life of Linda Ronstadt. Lots of musicians and stars saluting one of the greatest voices of our time.

Reaction Score
Roy..Terrific voice gone too soon. My favorite from Linda was Different Drum. I know, I know. It was with the Stone Poneys, but yeah, it is my favorite.

Reaction Score
For those that may have missed it the show will air again Sat 1/4/20 @ 9PM.
For those that appreciate Linda's music I am sure would enjoy The Linda Ronstadt Experience. This stars Tristan McIntosh and a great band. They will have tour dates in the CT area again in March. I had friends that made their show recently at The Kate, not easily impressed and they came away with a wow. Reviews, samples and tour dates here.
HOME | TheLRE

Bama fan

Reaction Score
For those that may have missed it the show will air again Sat 1/4/20 @ 9PM.
For those that appreciate Linda's music I am sure would enjoy The Linda Ronstadt Experience. This stars Tristan McIntosh and a great band. They will have tour dates in the CT area again in March. I had friends that made their show recently at The Kate, not easily impressed and they came away with a wow. Reviews, samples and tour dates here.
HOME | TheLRE
Ms McIntosh and company do a credible job in LRE. She has a powerful voice, youthful good looks, and captures Linda's vibe in large concert shows. Of course she is not Linda Ronstadt, but most people will not be disappointed by her performance. I like her chops.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Tonight CNN is airing a special about the life of Linda Ronstadt. Lots of musicians and stars saluting one of the greatest voices of our time.
Did you watch The Kennedy Center Presents a couple of weeks ago? Man, when Aaron Neville walked out...

Reaction Score
Roy..Terrific voice gone too soon. My favorite from Linda was Different Drum. I know, I know. It was with the Stone Poneys, but yeah, it is my favorite.
And written by Mike Nesmith of The Monkees fame

Reaction Score
BAMA FAN: You are a bad man.
We had supper company last night (including a very good gittar player and singer we call "Ashley Clark from Alabama" even though that is not his name and he's a Georgia boy now in CT.
Reason you are bad is that we ended up getting to bed in very wee hours. After finishing up making live music, we switched to another couple of hours of computer music featuring LR, Chicken Skin Music, etc. Tuckered out today and am blamin the pied piper from Bama.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
BAMA FAN: You are a bad man.
We had supper company last night (including a very good gittar player and singer we call "Ashley Clark from Alabama" even though that is not his name and he's a Georgia boy now in CT.
Reason you are bad is that we ended up getting to bed in very wee hours. After finishing up making live music, we switched to another couple of hours of computer music featuring LR, Chicken Skin Music, etc. Tuckered out today and am blamin the pied piper from Bama.
Time spent listening to or playing music is time well spent. Glad I was able to contribute to your salvation.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
I am not a man with religious convictions, but these ladies are surely angels.
Linda, Dolly ,and Emmylou are incredible alone and supernatural together.

Reaction Score
BAMA FAN: Truly lovely and very moving. Thanks for adding that.

Now about the religious convictions or not: bein as how you are a bad man, I'll go with the thought that you've got convictions of another sort :rolleyes:

Bama fan

Reaction Score
BAMA FAN: Truly lovely and very moving. Thanks for adding that.

Now about the religious convictions or not: bein as how you are a bad man, I'll go with the thought that you've got convictions of another sort :rolleyes:
My record is clean even though my conscience isn't! ;)

Reaction Score
BAMA: chuckles here. And it is always nice to see someone developing a sense of humor

Reaction Score
If I were on death row the last sound I wold want to hear is Linda's version of Blue Bayou.

Reaction Score
She also did an album of the classics and another with many Hispanic soundtracks that she dedicated to her parents.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
BAMA: chuckles here. And it is always nice to see someone developing a sense of humor
It is always nice. And I hope you keep up the hard work of developing your particular sense. And I am proud to think that I helped just a bit. ;) Go Huskies! BTW, here is your "bad man" clip.

Reaction Score
BAMA - got it. Fun. Thank you. And went on to the Larry Bird attachment which brought back many memories. . Played a lot of basketball, and Bird was my favorite. An assassin. You were right: a BAD man.

Reaction Score
I saw the special on a dvd. I think Linda's still a teenager when she sings this song at the club. The music reviewer said she came out with a "BANG!" I would agree. Great poise and confidence.

Thanks for posting, I had never seen that. Agree with your observations on Ronstadt. I could not help but think that the band probably did not play on the record, which was not in the least bit unusual. Session players, almost studio bands if you will, like LA’s Wrecking Crew, were the players on an unbelievable number of 45 hits from the 60s and 70s. Great insight into that world available on The Beach Boys, really Brian Wilson, making of Pet Sounds.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I consider Linda Ronstadt and Huey Lewis to be two of the best "karaoke" singers. By that I mean they could sing other singer's hits, and make them sound great. Not an easy feat.
Huey Lewis co-wrote quite a few of his hits. ???

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom