movie trailer thread? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

movie trailer thread?

Reaction Score
I am curious about this one. The first two Dark Knights were goo. The Affleck versions tolerable. I feel like Dark Knight stopped short of making Batman a vigilante with anger issues, he remained a hero. I think this one will go there. That's my guess anyway. Think V for Vendetta, with Batman in the lead, taking on a corrupt state/criminal machine.

‘The Batman’ Release Date, Cast, Plot Details | IndieWire

As the above indicates, it's not trying to create a MCU like world, but if HBO Max can get a show out of it, and continue that, it has some real value beyond this movie.

The Dark Knight trilogy are the best comic book movies ever IMO.

Those movies predated Warner Bros attempt at a combined universe.

I thought Ben Affleck was awful.

I think Warner Bros. was onto to something with Man of Steel. It was a good movie and a hit with women.

Where they messed up was going with combined universe too soon. Superman is a big enough character that he doesn’t need a supporting cast.

Reaction Score
Soooooo much hype in the gaming world around this one. Looks like a dud from the first trailer.

I hope it does well selfishly so that a Metal Gear Solid movie might become that much more likely.

LOL. It looks ok, but I'm not sure I saw teenage Peter Parker as Nathan Drake.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score

This is streaming for free (with ads) on Vudu. I tried. I REALLY tried. But at exactly 52 minutes I couldn't go on. Boring, totally unlikable characters, and absolutely nothing had happened up to that point. I don't know who the lead actor is, but he has very little charisma or screen presence. There was a little bit of Christina Ricci. The biggest reason I was watching was for Nora Arnezeder, and she was on screen for about 10 seconds. Maybe the second half was better, but I'll never know.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
This is streaming for free (with ads) on Vudu. I tried. I REALLY tried. But at exactly 52 minutes I couldn't go on. Boring, totally unlikable characters, and absolutely nothing had happened up to that point. I don't know who the lead actor is, but he has very little charisma or screen presence. There was a little bit of Christina Ricci. The biggest reason I was watching was for Nora Arnezeder, and she was on screen for about 10 seconds. Maybe the second half was better, but I'll never know.
I’ll give it a shot at some point

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The MCU might be about to give me a headache, with the multiverse and what not. I don't have Disney+, so I haven't seen Wandavision, Falcon and Winter Soldier, Loki, and now they've got What If going. No idea how far behind I am, or how critical any/all of those are to what will happen in the movies.

Trailer for new Spider Man. They already brought back JK Simmons as J. Jonah Jameson, now Alfred Molina is reappearing at Doc Ock and they seem to be teasing Green Goblin/Willem Dafoe. There are also rumors that Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield are somehow going to be brought back in as well.

Tickets just went on sale. Opens Dec 17th.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It seems like I haven't been seeing any movie trailers on TV lately. This is opening this weekend, never heard a peep about it. Strong cast, several I really like. Not sure if this is Roman Griffin Davis' first role since Jojo Rabbit, he seems like a kid to keep an eye on.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Interesting, in Jojo Rabbit Thomasin McKenzie costarred w/ Davis. This film includes her younger sister Davy (who I was previously unaware of).

Reaction Score
The Dark Knight trilogy are the best comic book movies ever IMO.

Those movies predated Warner Bros attempt at a combined universe.

I thought Ben Affleck was awful.

I think Warner Bros. was onto to something with Man of Steel. It was a good movie and a hit with women.

Where they messed up was going with combined universe too soon. Superman is a big enough character that he doesn’t need a supporting cast.
The DK trilogy is great but imho its two great films followed by a third mediocre film. WB trying to do what Marvel did with a shared universe was dumb. Absolutely dumb! Marvel for the most part has people with super powers who try to be heroes. DC has gods dropped on humanity like an H bomb and the ramifications of that. DC shouldve made individual films in individual worlds and made the best films using the best stories from the comics of individual characters. They shouldve done that and developed these heroes on screen then had some sort of crises that brought these characteres together in some multiverse crisis long before Marvel decided to start messing with multiverses.
Man of Steel was good but had some major issues and failed to connect with critics and audiences. Batman v Superman was bad and failed when it shouldve been easily a billion dollar film. The future of DC is going to be very interesting as they are now saying they are not going to concentrate so much on the shared universe but on making great movies.

Reaction Score
The DK trilogy is great but imho its two great films followed by a third mediocre film. WB trying to do what Marvel did with a shared universe was dumb. Absolutely dumb! Marvel for the most part has people with super powers who try to be heroes. DC has gods dropped on humanity like an H bomb and the ramifications of that. DC shouldve made individual films in individual worlds and made the best films using the best stories from the comics of individual characters. They shouldve done that and developed these heroes on screen then had some sort of crises that brought these characteres together in some multiverse crisis long before Marvel decided to start messing with multiverses.
Man of Steel was good but had some major issues and failed to connect with critics and audiences. Batman v Superman was bad and failed when it shouldve been easily a billion dollar film. The future of DC is going to be very interesting as they are now saying they are not going to concentrate so much on the shared universe but on making great movies.

I think Man of Steel gets better with age.

Reaction Score
I think Man of Steel gets better with age.
Its weird because to me the best parts of the film do get better with age but the parts that dont work just get worse and worse for me and make me like it less and less. Ill always like the film but it seems to drop on my list of favorite comic book films. I have a couple of friends that think im nuts and consider MoS a comic book masterpiece that is completely underrated.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Tickets just went on sale. Opens Dec 17th.
Had pre-covid numbers for opening weekend. $253 mil domestic. In one weekend became the biggest grossing movie of 2021. Also beat out the last Star Wars movie for biggest opening in December ever.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Had to find a different clip. This has taken FOREVER to get to theaters, finally about to open. This scene looks amazing!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Okay, got some stuff lining up for '22. Anya Taylor-Joy? Yep, I'm in. I feel like I already saw this movie w/ different actors? Story line seems familiar. Anyway...

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Nice swipe at Raiders of the Lost Ark.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Another movie waiting forever to be released. I guess I've totally been out to lunch, apparently Armie Hammer has gotten himself in trouble. The studio didn't want to scrap the movie or recast/reshoot a big ensemble over controversy with one member of the cast.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Had to find a different clip. This has taken FOREVER to get to theaters, finally about to open. This scene looks amazing!

I don't think I've ever seen a bad movie where Rasputin has a key role.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I can't remember if I heard that Johnny Depp is out of the Fantastic Beasts franchise. He's been replaced by Mads Mikkelsen, making that at least the second evil wizard he's portrayed onscreen (in Dr. Strange also). Ah, Alison Sudol, good to see her again, even if she joined the dark side.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The full trailer for The Batman just dropped

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The full trailer for The Batman just dropped

I'll wait for cable. Enough already with this franchise. Let me know if it's better than Dark Knight and I'll think about it.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
TV series, not a movie. Amazon has a show based on the character Jack Reacher coming soon. Tom Cruise did his thing in the movie version, but it was a bit hard to get over a what, 160 lb. dude playing a guy who is supposed to be 220 or 230 or something. This looks like a physical match, but I can't tell from the trailer if he can act at all. Also she's not in the trailer, but Kristin Kreuk is listed in IMDB. Haven't seen her in anything in forever.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
They just keep making them. Bringing back a bunch of the cast from the original to tie them all together I guess.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Different kind of role for Amanda Seyfried.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Aubrey Plaza in a Guy Ritchie movie? Never would've expected that! Statham for sure, now Hugh Grant is part of the regulars. Josh Hartnett and Cary Elwes? Haven't seen either of them in anything big in a long time.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This is at least the third Netflix movie that Ryan Reynolds has done. Looks kinda fun.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom