movie trailer thread? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

movie trailer thread?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Thanks for this. I am so in.
Same. The quality of it really looks to be pretty good. I’m just not sure which plot lines will be picking up. Are they starting with foundation, or prelude to foundation. There is so much matetial in that series that is so good.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Then we could have Hailee Steinfeld in the MCU.
Well...done. Not as Spider Gwen, but still part of the MCU.

Dang, I might have to sign up for Disney+ eventually.

She's not anywhere in this trailer (unless I missed it), but Florence Pugh is listed in the credits as Yelena Belova in all 8 episodes on IMDB.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Well...done. Not as Spider Gwen, but still part of the MCU.

Dang, I might have to sign up for Disney+ eventually.

She's not anywhere in this trailer (unless I missed it), but Florence Pugh is listed in the credits as Yelena Belova in all 8 episodes on IMDB.

She is listed as Kate Bishop in all 8 episodes. So seems she's in. She's one of those people I know her name, recognize that she is a celebrity for some reason, and pretty, but have no idea why.

As for Spiderman, my daughter, who knows all things MCU, said that Miles Morales is not part of the forthcoming Spider-Man No Way Home movie. Tobey Maguire and Andrew Garfield will be part of the movie, as will Dr. Strange. Dr. Strange has another movie coming out, and this will likely tie in to it. Matt Murdock / Daredevil is in the trailer. It looks like six different villains appear, suggesting the Sinister Six.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
She's one of those people I know her name, recognize that she is a celebrity for some reason, and pretty, but have no idea why.
She's been in a bunch of movies. She's put out a few records as well. First gained recognition when she was only 12 or so in the remake of "True Grit."

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
:rolleyes: Okay, totally cheesy, but I like Victoria Justice and Midori Francis, so it has that going for it.

This was a good example of the trailer being fairly misleading. The movie wasn't as silly as it looked, much more sentimental and emotional. I enjoyed it.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I don't think there's ever been a 91 year old actor top billed.

George Burns was 81 when he did Oh God!. Henry Fonda was 76 for On Golden Pond.
I like Eastwood's recent stuff a lot. Always a good watch.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I don't think there's ever been a 91 year old actor top billed.

George Burns was 81 when he did Oh God!. Henry Fonda was 76 for On Golden Pond.

Could still probably kick my ass.

Reaction Score
Considering Gran Torino was one of the worst movies I’ve seen in the past 10 years, that’ll be a hard pass for me bruh.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
It's hard to believe the late 90s was 20+ years ago. I guess that makes everything fair game for remakes. Just stumbled onto this. One of the actresses looked familiar, couldn't figure out who it was though. Looked it up, Madison Iseman.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Definitely looks a bit odd. I like George MacKay. I haven't seen much of her, but I think I can put my weariness of seeing too much of her father aside and give Lily-Rose Depp a chance.

edit--nice creepy remix of the Phantogram song "Cruel World"

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Oh look, it's another Charlie's Angels reboot. Except it's not. And now there are 5 of them instead of 3. And they are a bit older. I do like several of the actresses involved in this, but it looks fairly lackluster. And the director is Simon Kinberg, so it has that working against it (some of the stuff he has been producer for has been good, some crap, but his turn directing an X-Men movie was terrible).

edit--speaking of Kinberg, I see he's attached to remakes of The Running Man and Logan's Run. Is there any movie that hasn't been remade, rebooted, re-imagined, or in some other way ripped off?

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Another reboot (or prequel I guess). This snuck up on me, I was completely unaware of it and it's hitting theaters next month. No Milla Jovovich. I like Kayla Sadelario (she can't seem to get away from zombie type things, she was in the Maze Runner movies too), Hannah John-Kamen and Robbie Amell.

Reaction Score
Michael Bay going full forking Michael Bay and my god does it look absolutely atrocious.

Reaction Score
Michael Bay going full forking Michael Bay and my god does it look absolutely atrocious.

I saw this preview last night. I had the same thought.

Reaction Score
Soooooo much hype in the gaming world around this one. Looks like a dud from the first trailer.

I hope it does well selfishly so that a Metal Gear Solid movie might become that much more likely.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Looks better and better with each trailer.

Sure looks like it could "live" Joaquin's Joker universe.

Looks like a lot of Batman baddies packed into this one. Riddler, Catwoman. I didn't even see him in the trailer but IMDB has Colin Farrell listed as Oswald Cobblepot (aka Penguin), looks like they were teasing Joker a bit too.

Definitely intriguing. I don't get rebooting Batman again already when they were still in the middle of rebooting him. Is this not at all tied to DC's attempts to create a universe to rival Marvel's? Is Ben Affleck completely out of the picture and it's all Robert Pattinson now? DC just can't seem to get out of their own way and have any semblance of continuity (kind like Fox struggled w/, the way they bungled X Men). Anyway honestly when he's in the suit I can hardly tell it's Pattinson and not a de-aged Christian Bale, seems to be playing him about the same way.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Another trailer for Red Notice. Still looking good. Not loving that song though.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
This looks AWFUL. Like Z grade stuff. But it looked like it was probably filmed in my Northwest. Looked it up, one of the locations is a park about a mile from where I live. I go walking over there all the time. Missed the day they were filming (cuz yeah, doesn't look like they spent much more than a day on this turd!).

Reaction Score
Soooooo much hype in the gaming world around this one. Looks like a dud from the first trailer.

I hope it does well selfishly so that a Metal Gear Solid movie might become that much more likely.

I can’t believe Uncharted is getting a movie before MGS.

Reaction Score
Looks like a lot of Batman baddies packed into this one. Riddler, Catwoman. I didn't even see him in the trailer but IMDB has Colin Farrell listed as Oswald Cobblepot (aka Penguin), looks like they were teasing Joker a bit too.

Definitely intriguing. I don't get rebooting Batman again already when they were still in the middle of rebooting him. Is this not at all tied to DC's attempts to create a universe to rival Marvel's? Is Ben Affleck completely out of the picture and it's all Robert Pattinson now? DC just can't seem to get out of their own way and have any semblance of continuity (kind like Fox struggled w/, the way they bungled X Men). Anyway honestly when he's in the suit I can hardly tell it's Pattinson and not a de-aged Christian Bale, seems to be playing him about the same way.

I think DC gave up on that. Or they are just throwing stuff at the wall to see what works.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I think DC gave up on that. Or they are just throwing stuff at the wall to see what works.

I am curious about this one. The first two Dark Knights were goo. The Affleck versions tolerable. I feel like Dark Knight stopped short of making Batman a vigilante with anger issues, he remained a hero. I think this one will go there. That's my guess anyway. Think V for Vendetta, with Batman in the lead, taking on a corrupt state/criminal machine.

‘The Batman’ Release Date, Cast, Plot Details | IndieWire

As the above indicates, it's not trying to create a MCU like world, but if HBO Max can get a show out of it, and continue that, it has some real value beyond this movie.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom