More Early Practice Video | Page 2 | The Boneyard

More Early Practice Video

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
OMG, yes!!!

Think what an accomplishment it would be for Inês, coming out of what probably would have been a great career at a JuCo to making the regular rotation at UConn! This is something I’d really like to see.

Sorry, KK. Your moment will come, and it will be that much sweeter for having to fight for it a little longer. But for this season, Go Inês!!!
You kinda hit the nail on the head without me mentioning it first. (Caveat: I mean no disrespect to any player on this team.)
I was just making my comments because it appeared to me, so far this offseason, that a lot of discussions and posts are, rightfully so, concerning the incoming freshmen and their potential and possible opportunities but nary a post about Inês. And then there was no media availability with Inês. It just got me thinking about her and her impact last season, especially under the circumstances she was placed.
Stepping down from my Inês soap box now.

Reaction Score
Sorry, but could someone identify which freshman was which freshman in the video?
That is Qadence Samuels with the Mickey Mouse Club (ears) hair do.
#24 with the driving layup against the male defender is Jana El Afrey
#11 with the quick moves and short jumpers is KK Arnold.
I did not see any video clips shots of Ashlyn Shade. She would be #12 in
any viewing. #12 is Ashlynn's favorite number (for Aaron Rogers of the G. B. Packers),
but she admits that she no longer follows football. Ashlynn has a twin brother who
goes to U of Cincinnati and HE follows football!
I'm sorry if I misspelled any of the names.... I'm still learning.

Reaction Score
That college was no slug, as I believe they won the JUCO NC the previous year. I wonder how they felt when Ines changed her destination from Florida to Connecticut at the last minute. That may have wrecked their season if they were counting on her to be the starting PG. We only see it from our point of view, but did we unintentionally screw up their season? Just a thought, but I'm glad we got her and apologies to that school.
Northwest Florida State College in Niceville, Florida won the 2022-23 NJCAA Division 1 Women's Basketball title.
The Lady Raiders won in O.T. after coming from behind to tie the game at 54 - 54. They won 66- 63 with
Sakima Walker being the MVP. The team they beat is also a powerhouse: Trinity Valley Community College.

Reaction Score
OMG, yes!!!

Think what an accomplishment it would be for Inês, coming out of what probably would have been a great career at a JuCo to making the regular rotation at UConn! This is something I’d really like to see.

Sorry, KK. Your moment will come, and it will be that much sweeter for having to fight for it a little longer. But for this season, Go Inês!!!
Kk is about to break your heart and dreams.

Reaction Score
Without Abury 29 points and big plays down the strech they lose No one else was scoring or making plays but that was good game from Ines

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Sorry, but could someone identify which freshman was which freshman in the video?
Here you are Fairfield. I know it's a bit late but better late than never.....our incoming freshmen. UConn Roster 2023-2024

1687214656128.png

L-R Jana El Alfy #24 KK Arnold #2 Ashlynn Shade # 12 Qadence Samuels # 4

Reaction Score
She said she can shoot and handle the ball. I was really impressed with her demeanor in her recent media availability interview. Ashlynn, KK, and Qadence can all shoot/score. KK can create her own shot. Jana appears to be a bruiser in the paint. Someone that doesn't mind or shy away from contact. I LIKE THAT!!! She'll spend a lot of time at the line. She doesn't appear to be a "finesse" player. :D

In the exhibition games in Europe, I really hope Geno gives the freshmen the majority of the minutes. We know what the returners can do. I want to see the freshmen and Betancourt. Maybe let the starters play for the first 15 minutes, then put the freshmen, Ines (and Amari IF she's cleared and ready to play) in to close out the game.

I doubt very seriously we'll see the games live, but they should be recorded in their entirety and posted somewhere (maybe UConn's Twitter site) for the fans to access at a later date. These "brief" clips are nice, but to me, They're a tease. I could watch 0 minutes of these videos. Those clips make me dream of things to come.
From Geno's comments today from the Greater Hartford Open, I don't think Paige, Patterson, Ice, and Imari will get much playing time in August, because "it's not the Final Four." The good news (if those four are playing only a few minutes) is that there are still TEN players that do not have limits on their time.

What I am hopeful about playing time is that the FIVE Freshmen [Ice (medical redshirt Freshman), Jana (early enrollee with no competition yet), Ashlynn, KK, & Qadence] get time with three or four starters in the minutes where the games are decided (in favor of the Huskies, of course), instead of throwing them all in to try to "figure it out..."

Time with Nika, time with Paige, time with AZZI, time with AE, time with Ines, time with Caroline, time with Aubrey, and combinations thereof will be priceless for the OOC, conference regular season, and Big East tournament, so that they are adequately prepared should they be needed {I hope they will get in to keep all the players fresh, should they be needed in the fourth quarter to go to "Afterburners" and put the game away} to perform in the six games that matter to "Win and stay in!"

[Winners of the NC game get to stay on the court in Cleveland longer than those who take the "L"!!!]

Go Huskies!

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
From Geno's comments today from the Greater Hartford Open, I don't think Paige, Patterson, Ice, and Imari will get much playing time in August, because "it's not the Final Four." The good news (if those four are playing only a few minutes) is that there are still TEN players that do not have limits on their time.

What I am hopeful about playing time is that the FIVE Freshmen [Ice (medical redshirt Freshman), Jana (early enrollee with no competition yet), Ashlynn, KK, & Qadence] get time with three or four starters in the minutes where the games are decided (in favor of the Huskies, of course), instead of throwing them all in to try to "figure it out..."

Time with Nika, time with Paige, time with AZZI, time with AE, time with Ines, time with Caroline, time with Aubrey, and combinations thereof will be priceless for the OOC, conference regular season, and Big East tournament, so that they are adequately prepared should they be needed {I hope they will get in to keep all the players fresh, should they be needed in the fourth quarter to go to "Afterburners" and put the game away} to perform in the six games that matter to "Win and stay in!"

[Winners of the NC game get to stay on the court in Cleveland longer than those who take the "L"!!!]

Go Huskies!
Sorry, but the tournament hasn't been called the Greater Hartford Open since 2003. Buick took over from 2004-2006. Travelers took over in 2007 and has been called the Travelers Championship since that date. I have to correct my wife a lot as she still calls it the GHO.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Sorry, but the tournament hasn't been called the Greater Hartford Open since 2003. Buick took over from 2004-2006. Travelers took over in 2007 and has been called the Travelers Championship since that date. I have to correct my wife a lot as she still calls it the GHO.
I have never found it to my advantage to "correct" my wife!

Reaction Score
I used to be among the periscope people when it was at Wethersfield. I lived through that era, the Sammy Davis Jr era and the Cannon era. To me it's always been the GHO.
Each to the era during which they first became familiar with the event.:cool:

For me, although I don't call it that these days, I still often think of it as the Insurance City Open when Arnie, Billy and other greats of the '50s and '60s roamed Wethersfield Country Club. So many memories...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom