More Early Practice Video | The Boneyard

More Early Practice Video

Reaction Score
Is Ayanna injured? She hasn't been in any of the practice videos.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Once again this year, the shooting percentage in these edited videos is truly impressive -- very near 100%. I believe this video actually showed one missed shot, just so we could see Aaliyah's putback stroke.

Reaction Score
Is Ayanna injured? She hasn't been in any of the practice videos.
She was definitely in the first video, I’m sure she was there for this too but they were focusing mostly on the Freshman.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Love seeing Qadence on the floor. She has a nice shooting stroke.

And was Nika giving a geometry lesson?
She said she can shoot and handle the ball. I was really impressed with her demeanor in her recent media availability interview. Ashlynn, KK, and Qadence can all shoot/score. KK can create her own shot. Jana appears to be a bruiser in the paint. Someone that doesn't mind or shy away from contact. I LIKE THAT!!! She'll spend a lot of time at the line. She doesn't appear to be a "finesse" player. :D

In the exhibition games in Europe, I really hope Geno gives the freshmen the majority of the minutes. We know what the returners can do. I want to see the freshmen and Betancourt. Maybe let the starters play for the first 15 minutes, then put the freshmen, Ines (and Amari IF she's cleared and ready to play) in to close out the game.

I doubt very seriously we'll see the games live, but they should be recorded in their entirety and posted somewhere (maybe UConn's Twitter site) for the fans to access at a later date. These "brief" clips are nice, but to me, They're a tease. I could watch 0 minutes of these videos. Those clips make me dream of things to come.

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Buckets with Biceps!
Yeah, I’ve been noticing that. She’s a gym rat, and I suspect when she was limited by her knee, she did a lot of work on her core/upper body.

Love seeing that huge smile on her face, too. I‘m a firm believer that mindset is very important to recovery and success.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Gonna join the "I hope to see" bandwagon. I hope to see a sophomore leap from Inês. I think as last season progressed, her talents were forgotten. And when she did get on the floor, she seemed a bit reluctant. She is a player and we shouldn't forget about her (like during this week's media availability, if she was in fact available) as a valuable sub. JMO.

Reaction Score
I expect Inês will give KK and Ashlynn a real fight for playing time. She’s as feisty as they are, as quick on her feet as KK and as relentless as Ashlynn.

In most games I suspect when Nika sits, Paige or Azzi will slide over to cover the point. But when one of them sits too, it will be Inês who comes off the bench first. She’s already seen how fast the D1 game is. It’s going to take a little while for KK Ashlynn and Qadence to get used to that.

And by the way, in her presser Qadence mentioned that they were teaching her post moves and face up drive moves. She’s a shooter, to be sure, but I expect we’ll see her picking up some of the slashing time from Aubrey and Caroline.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Gonna join the "I hope to see" bandwagon. I hope to see a sophomore leap from Inês. I think as last season progressed, her talents were forgotten. And when she did get on the floor, she seemed a bit reluctant. She is a player and we shouldn't forget about her (like during this week's media availability, if she was in fact available) as a valuable sub. JMO.
I'm with you on every point. I still wish she'd gotten some time in the Ohio State game. I thought she dealt with pressure very well in the Maryland game. She even dribbled straight through it once or twice.

She's a baller and I hope she gets double-digit minutes.

Reaction Score
I'm with you on every point. I still wish she'd gotten some time in the Ohio State game. I thought she dealt with pressure very well in the Maryland game. She even dribbled straight through it once or twice.

She would have been something of a superstar at that community college in Florida.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
She would have been something of a superstar at that community college in Florida.
That college was no slug, as I believe they won the JUCO NC the previous year. I wonder how they felt when Ines changed her destination from Florida to Connecticut at the last minute. That may have wrecked their season if they were counting on her to be the starting PG. We only see it from our point of view, but did we unintentionally screw up their season? Just a thought, but I'm glad we got her and apologies to that school.

Reaction Score

OMG, yes!!!

Think what an accomplishment it would be for Inês, coming out of what probably would have been a great career at a JuCo to making the regular rotation at UConn! This is something I’d really like to see.

Sorry, KK. Your moment will come, and it will be that much sweeter for having to fight for it a little longer. But for this season, Go Inês!!!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I expect Inês will give KK and Ashlynn a real fight for playing time. She’s as feisty as they are, as quick on her feet as KK and as relentless as Ashlynn.
Inês got thrown into the fire last year and ended up being able to hold her own. She also looks like she worked hard on bulking up to handle the contact of high major college basketball. It will be interesting to see who Geno believes he can rely upon in to what extent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom