Mora's Transfer Portal Options | Page 10 | The Boneyard

Mora's Transfer Portal Options

Reaction Score

-> Phommachanh has heard from California and Florida State, among a host of other Power Five programs, since announcing his intent to leave Clemson after three seasons. Ole Miss, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Colorado, and South Carolina are also in the mix.

Cal could be a serious destination because of Phommachanh’s familiarity with the coaching staff. Justin Wilcox recruited him coming out of Avon Old Farms, where he was a four-star recruit and the top-ranked prospect in Connecticut. He was also pursued by Florida State before the school fired Willie Taggart. <-

-> Despite his roots, Phommachanh doesn’t appear interested in returning home to play for UConn. According to his father, Phommachanh would prefer to avoid competing with his brother, Tyler, who is recovering from a torn ACL and LCL in his left knee.

“He feels that’ll be like slapping Tyler in the face,” Sam said. <-

Guess that settles that debate.

Reaction Score
@UCONNRPh

-> Phommachanh has heard from California and Florida State, among a host of other Power Five programs, since announcing his intent to leave Clemson after three seasons. Ole Miss, Nebraska, Pittsburgh, Colorado, and South Carolina are also in the mix.

Cal could be a serious destination because of Phommachanh’s familiarity with the coaching staff. Justin Wilcox recruited him coming out of Avon Old Farms, where he was a four-star recruit and the top-ranked prospect in Connecticut. He was also pursued by Florida State before the school fired Willie Taggart. <-

-> Despite his roots, Phommachanh doesn’t appear interested in returning home to play for UConn. According to his father, Phommachanh would prefer to avoid competing with his brother, Tyler, who is recovering from a torn ACL and LCL in his left knee.

I felt mid-tier SEC would be the landing place. Nebraska is all over the place looking at transfers and Pitt doesn't have an OC now. Ole Miss, South Carolina, maybe LSU too.

I also get not wanting to come to UConn because of his brother; it's pretty obvious that's a good family and very close with each other. I just wish Tyler's ACL was not injured - although that's a recoverable injury - there's a lot of uncertainty at the start of next year in the QB spot. They got their eye on the Delaware kid and there's almost couple dozen others in the transfer portal from FBS schools too.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
@UCONNRPh

Hmmmm...I heard this somewhere before. The QB position is 1 of 1. Playing time is all there is. Yeah, he comes here he starts. That also means his brother sits, for the duration of his stay instead of having a decent chance to start.

This wasn't hard to see.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Hmmmm...I heard this somewhere before. The QB position is 1 of 1. Playing time is all there is. Yeah, he comes here he starts. That also means his brother sits, for the duration of his stay instead of having a decent chance to start.

This wasn't hard to see.
I had heard differently from someone in the know about Taisun and UConn, and I doubt that person got it wrong. But it was framed as “exploratory.” Maybe after a couple days of thought everyone involved had a change of heart. Lots of possibilities here. Anyways, we all maybe better off. Having two brothers in a small QB room might not work for a program desperate to improve. It would take a special type of personalities.

That said, I heard some other area names are also thinking about coming back; but it’s a two way street. I think Mora needs to land round one of the signing class and then take stock.

Reaction Score
I had heard differently from someone in the know about Taisun and UConn, and I doubt that person got it wrong. But it was framed as “exploratory.” Maybe after a couple days of thought everyone involved had a change of heart. Lots of possibilities here. Anyways, we all maybe better off. Having two brothers in a small QB room might not work for a program desperate to improve. It would take a special type of personalities.

That said, I heard some other area names are also thinking about coming back; but it’s a two way street. I think Mora needs to land round one of the signing class and then take stock.
Only way it works is if Tyler moves to WR or RB. He made too many plays with his legs to not see the field if he's ready next year.

Reaction Score
Tyler Rudolph 4* Safety from Connecticut is in the Portal out of Penn State. Talented player however there may be some off field questions to sort out. He was removed from the team awhile back for undisclosed reasons. Maybe a fresh start closer to home could help him out?

Relationships still matter:

Played for newly hired TE Coach/Recruiting Coordinator Jeff Moore @ St. Thomas More:

Reaction Score

Played for newly hired TE Coach/Recruiting Coordinator Jeff Moore @ St. Thomas More:

Well that’s unfortunate. Doesn’t look like any coaches even reached out based upon current Twitter follows.

Reaction Score

Yup having Moore go to UMass hurts. Talk about getting immediate dividends. Don Brown is a legit coach unfortunately he may be a torn in our side now, but on the bright side if they become competitive this can grow into a fun rivalry - something we do not have now. Although we will need to add them to our schedule beyond next year.

Reaction Score
Yup having Moore go to UMass hurts. Talk about getting immediate dividends. Don Brown is a legit coach unfortunately he may be a torn in our side now, but on the bright side if they become competitive this can grow into a fun rivalry - something we do not have now. Although we will need to add them to our schedule beyond next year.
It'll happen... its been discussed in multiple forums.

Reaction Score

Not much new that hasn’t already been discussed somewhere on here but…

-> It’s why Mora and his staff are scouring the transfer portal for immediate help. The Huskies want to bring in at least one veteran quarterback to provide competition, not to mention insurance in case Phommachanh isn’t ready coming off a major injury. They recently offered Nolan Henderson, a fifth-year senior from Delaware, but no visit is imminent. They’re likely to patient in their pursuit.

One potential target, Clemson sophomore Taisun Phommachanh — Tyler’s older brother — is looking elsewhere.

UConn’s more focused on high school recruits at the moment, hoping to secure another commitment or two before the NCAA’s early signing period begins Wednesday. The Huskies have several offers out to Class of 2022 targets, including ones to Brophy College Prep’s (Ariz.) Elijah Warner — the son of former NFL two-time MVP Kurt Warner — St. Thomas Aquinas’ (Fla.) Zion Turner, and Hoover High’s (Ala.) Bennett Meredith, a former Northwestern commit. Warner, a three-star prospect ranked by 247Sports, took an official visit to Storrs last weekend. <-

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score

Not much new that hasn’t already been discussed somewhere on here but…

-> It’s why Mora and his staff are scouring the transfer portal for immediate help. The Huskies want to bring in at least one veteran quarterback to provide competition, not to mention insurance in case Phommachanh isn’t ready coming off a major injury. They recently offered Nolan Henderson, a fifth-year senior from Delaware, but no visit is imminent. They’re likely to patient in their pursuit.

One potential target, Clemson sophomore Taisun Phommachanh — Tyler’s older brother — is looking elsewhere.

UConn’s more focused on high school recruits at the moment, hoping to secure another commitment or two before the NCAA’s early signing period begins Wednesday. The Huskies have several offers out to Class of 2022 targets, including ones to Brophy College Prep’s (Ariz.) Elijah Warner — the son of former NFL two-time MVP Kurt Warner — St. Thomas Aquinas’ (Fla.) Zion Turner, and Hoover High’s (Ala.) Bennett Meredith, a former Northwestern commit. Warner, a three-star prospect ranked by 247Sports, took an official visit to Storrs last weekend. <-

Interesting that they don't mention Steven Krajewski being here as well. I'm not saying he's going anywhere because I think he stays and improves under our new HC. I just think it's shoddy reporting acting like there is only one possible starting QB on the roster.

Reaction Score
Interesting that they don't mention Steven Krajewski being here as well. I'm not saying he's going anywhere because I think he stays and improves under our new HC. I just think it's shoddy reporting acting like there is only one possible starting QB on the roster.
Needed to read the whole article…

-> Phommachanh will be back, but when? He tore both his ACL and LCL, and while he expects to be ready for next season, the Huskies can take nothing for granted. Then there’s Krajewski, who has been largely underwhelming in his time in Storrs. At the moment, the only other quarterback on the roster is freshman Jacob Drena, a walk-on from Southington.

Meanwhile, last year’s opening game starter, Jack Zergiotis, is transferring. Former NC State transfer Micah Leon, who had a cameo in the finale against Houston, also is likely gone.

That leaves a trio of returnees who have combined to throw 347 passes with more interceptions than touchdowns (14 to 11). <-

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
Needed to read the whole article…

-> Phommachanh will be back, but when? He tore both his ACL and LCL, and while he expects to be ready for next season, the Huskies can take nothing for granted. Then there’s Krajewski, who has been largely underwhelming in his time in Storrs. At the moment, the only other quarterback on the roster is freshman Jacob Drena, a walk-on from Southington.

Meanwhile, last year’s opening game starter, Jack Zergiotis, is transferring. Former NC State transfer Micah Leon, who had a cameo in the finale against Houston, also is likely gone.

That leaves a trio of returnees who have combined to throw 347 passes with more interceptions than touchdowns (14 to 11). <-
Thanks for letting me know. It's behind a paywall so I only read the part clipped below the tweet. Couldn't read the whole article

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Thanks for letting me know. It's behind a paywall so I only read the part clipped below the tweet. Couldn't read the whole article
If you are reading on your phone, use reader view.

UCFBfan

Reaction Score
If you are reading on your phone, use reader view.
Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. Outline has not worked for many sites now so I'm always looking for new work arounds.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe he is leaving Auburn as he grew up wanting to be a War Eagle.

My guess he stays in the SEC or a school that plays Auburn next year.
...or maybe, just maybe we go after him, and any other major talent in the portal like him???? All these 3 & 4 star QBs either in the portal are NOT going to be able to play at these P5/G5 schools (add the current class HS/Prep QBs that are 3 or 4 star that are still available)...
We now have BETTER avenues, better staff altogether... We're dropping the ball if we can't close the deal on at least 2 for our program... It just doesn't make sense all things considered

Reaction Score
Hard to believe he is leaving Auburn as he grew up wanting to be a War Eagle.

My guess he stays in the SEC or a school that plays Auburn next year.
He did what he dreamed of which was playing for Auburn and getting a degree from there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom