Mora's Transfer Portal Options | The Boneyard

Mora's Transfer Portal Options

Reaction Score

This is pretty cool to look at. Wouldn't mind landing the Baylor QB Jacob Zeno and growing that Texas recruiting pipeline. Is it unrealistic to think we could land a transfer of his caliber with Mora? I would think transfers are easier to land if you can all but guarantee immediate playing time. Based on the past couple of seasons does the portal grow significantly at the end of the end of the season?

Reaction Score

This is pretty cool to look at. Wouldn't mind landing the Baylor QB Jacob Zeno and growing that Texas recruiting pipeline. Is it unrealistic to think we could land a transfer of his caliber with Mora? I would think transfers are easier to land if you can all but guarantee immediate playing time. Based on the past couple of seasons does the portal grow significantly at the end of the end of the season?
If UConn hires a good OC who has connections, Mora will be able to recruit a high cailber QB.

Reaction Score

We need that OC and DC in place before we can really start recruiting

Reaction Score
Promise me we are not going to see dozens of posts randomly picking out 1 or 2 players from portal and saying, he’d be a good get. Particularly a kid with no known connection to us. If Coach Jim needs our help identifying talent, I’m sure he will ask.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Promise me we are not going to see dozens of posts randomly picking out 1 or 2 players from portal and saying, he’d be a good get. Particularly a kid with no known connection to us. If Coach Jim needs our help identifying talent, I’m sure he will ask.
I can make you no such promise sir.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
i couldn't agree more

on a separate note, what about this guy? comes from the traditional recruiting backyard of canada

Reaction Score
What I'm hearing you say is that you want dozens of posts randomly picking up 3 or more players from the portal and saying, he'd be a good get.

Reaction Score
Just stay out of the thread if not interested, you do have a choice. Any who, kids in the portal does not necessarily need a connection in order to be evaluated and or offered. If you missed it Edsall isn’t here anymore and there’s no guarantee that any of the coaches here now will stay, so with that being said most if not all kids in the portal will not have any connections to UConn. And it’s all for fun dude relax.

Reaction Score
Just spoke to a lawyer buddy in GA who said if GA wins the NC, QB JT Daniels may enter the portal.

Reaction Score
Let’s be realistic people. No 4 or 5 star is going to come here year 1. He is going to need a year or two to build it up especially with the acceptance guide lines. The only way he does is if he turns it into the division one last chance U. You may have to go get the players with some troubles off the field. But all I ask is please don’t say the guy who’s a former 4 start that’s in the portal is going to pick uconn over mich cuz we hired jim mora (great hire btw) but that’s Not gonna get us major players just yet

Reaction Score
Let’s be realistic people. No 4 or 5 star is going to come here year 1. He is going to need a year or two to build it up especially with the acceptance guide lines. The only way he does is if he turns it into the division one last chance U. You may have to go get the players with some troubles off the field. But all I ask is please don’t say the guy who’s a former 4 start that’s in the portal is going to pick uconn over mich cuz we hired jim mora (great hire btw) but that’s Not gonna get us major players just yet

It doesn't need to be a 4 or 5 star, we would be thrilled with another Tyler Lorenzen (Juco) or Shirreffs. Talent evaluation is going to be far more important than stars. Talented FCS players looking to move up a level should not be ignored.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
It doesn't need to be a 4 or 5 star, we would be thrilled with another Tyler Lorenzen (Juco) or Shirreffs. Talent evaluation is going to be far more important than stars. Talented FCS players looking to move up a level should not be ignored.
That’s what I was trying to get at. People already posting 4 star linemen and 4 star linebackers. Let’s take what we can get and improve where we need to not talk about jt Daniels and 4 star linemen that are pipe dreams

Reaction Score

FCS....I guess.....Just no D2 Championship QB's please.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom