Mora is right | Page 9 | The Boneyard

Mora is right

Reaction Score
Smalltime thinking yields smalltime results.

The deficit nowhere near as big as it used to be. And every AD in the nation except for a dozen run a deficit.

If you can attract better talent you will sell more tickets and gear and easily make it up and more.
That's not happening. That earmarks funds which were entirely under institutional control and turns that control over to the Season ticket holders. Hahaha, nope.

Reaction Score
No. The schools can't fund NIL concerns. You will have to write separate checks.
Wait. There are rules? There are no rules. And if there are, who the heck is going to police them? The NCAA? At this point there isn't anything close to a level playing field between the haves and have nots. If there are rules, break them. We should be cutting every corner we can. Things like admissions standards for football players you are paying shouldn't matter. Get players in here however you can. And if we get caught, really, could our team get any worse?

Reaction Score
No. The schools can't fund NIL concerns. You will have to write separate checks.

There are plenty of potential workarounds that are 100% within the rules if they are willing to look at it.

I identified several ways in this thread alone.

Reaction Score
There are plenty of potential workarounds that are 100% within the rules if they are willing to look at it.

Are any schools using any of your workarounds?

Reaction Score

The only one I saw was simply not viable.

Reaction Score
I know for sure that multiple schools athletic departments in the SEC are doing something similar to the seat donation thing, if not exactly that. In addition, they are also giving other rewards and points normally reserved for direct booster donations to people who donate to the NIL collective associated with the school.

Reaction Score
I know for sure that multiple schools athletic departments in the SEC are doing something similar to the seat donation thing, if not exactly that. In addition, they are also giving other rewards and points normally reserved for direct booster donations to people who donate to the NIL collective associated with the school.

Many many schools have cracked the code on this. It’s not hard.

Reaction Score
Technically, the fundraising arms/booster clubs associated with the university are doing this, not the university itself which helps them provide points to donors without blatantly violating NCAA rules. UConn does not have a booster club so the collectives have been set up by groups instead of by the booster club.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I love Moras passion and ability to communicate. He’s also right about needing more NIL money to retain the real talents on his roster, multiple P5 coaches have shared similar sentiments.

But he sorta lost me when he blamed fans for this disaster of a season. I was in the crowd for NCST week 1, that was one of the best crowds we’ve had in years, there was clear momentum going towards revitalizing fan interest and investment with another promising season.

It’s on Mora for squandering the momentum he created. I doubt the powerhouses of; Georgia St, FIU, and JMU are lapping us in spending. Win those 3 games and you’re back to 6-6, which at UConn is statue worthy at this point. It also makes it way easier to make demands about financial support for next season and beyond.

Reaction Score
Burton's son is now running the "Burton Business". I understand he will also be leading the effort to get more donor funding for UConn. We shouldn't be dissing the guy with the money for trying to influence the program. I agree with Palatine, money talks.

Reaction Score

So the head coach is publicly commenting about needing NIL as the only way they can get players and win, but his coaches are happy to take these cars and not say "Hey thanks Mitchell Auto group, but we would rather you redirect these resources to help us get a player or two. Maybe give the players the cars to use instead?"

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Do collectives report where all the donated money is spent? I think it’d help if we knew our collective donations went to a certain impact transfer, or to keep certain players home. Otherwise it feels like you’re blindly throwing money into a pit.

Reaction Score
auto groups and their easy access to vehicles I think are going to lead the way. We saw that with the whole Utah truck thing.
Yes, vehicles to the players. This is vehicles to the coaches, it makes zero sense. Perfectly good NIL money given to coaches who don't need it, are in no danger of leaving, and probably should take a pay cut based on their performance, while those same coaches' boss is out there begging for NIL money. If the overall NIL is run this way, then we do not stand a chance.

Reaction Score
Yes, vehicles to the players. This is vehicles to the coaches, it makes zero sense. Perfectly good NIL money given to coaches who don't need it, are in no danger of leaving, and probably should take a pay cut based on their performance, while those same coaches' boss is out there begging for NIL money. If the overall NIL is run this way, then we do not stand a chance.
didn't realize. my fault. reality is the coach will always be more marketable.

Reaction Score
I couldn't have said this better. Coaches getting the vehicles, SMH.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom