MNT's 2021 | Page 21 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2021

Reaction Score
Ouch.

1631072867294.jpeg

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Looked up the TV for tonight...only English language broadcast is Paramount+. Seriously?

Reaction Score
I don’t know what he did. It doesn’t sound good though.

But getting criticism from Mr. Sabbatical who showed up to the 2014 camp fat and out of shape is kind of rich.

Looked up the TV for tonight...only English language broadcast is Paramount+. Seriously?
LOL. Do you understand how free enterprise works? CONCACAF sold the rights for all qualifying matches, but domestic rights for home games which the USSF controls, to the highest bidder. And companies bid based -- wait for it -- not based on what you find convenient to you but how much money they think they can make by having the rights. Have you considered living in China or somewhere less friendly to free enterprise?

Reaction Score
I don’t know what he did. It doesn’t sound good though.

But getting criticism from Mr. Sabbatical who showed up to the 2014 camp fat and out of shape is kind of rich.

There it is. There was no way you were going to allow two straight negative results without implying it was Landon Donovan's fault.

Do you care that you make Palatine's level of horse beating skills look like the USL?

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
LOL. Do you understand how free enterprise works? CONCACAF sold the rights for all qualifying matches, but domestic rights for home games which the USSF controls, to the highest bidder. And companies bid based -- wait for it -- not based on what you find convenient to you but how much money they think they can make by having the rights. Have you considered living in China or somewhere less friendly to free enterprise?

No. That is incorrect. The worldwide television rights to each World Cup Qualifying match are the property of the hosting country. The host Federation is under no obligation to grant these television rights to a specific broadcaster in their opponent’s home territory.
FAQs World Cup Qualifying TV Rights (ussoccer.com)

The non Mexico/USA countries sold their rights to Telemundo and CBS. CBS is choosing to put this on Paramount+ to promote their crappy streaming service (since even a new Star Trek series couldn't generate any interest). I totally understand that. But somebody at USA Soccer should be informing them why that is a bad idea. Loudly. Meanwhile, I can watch Wales vs Belarus on regular cable (and did).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I can't stand people who think the world should bow to them.

Reaction Score
No. That is incorrect. The worldwide television rights to each World Cup Qualifying match are the property of the hosting country. The host Federation is under no obligation to grant these television rights to a specific broadcaster in their opponent’s home territory.

The non Mexico/USA countries sold their rights to Telemundo and CBS. CBS is choosing to put this on Paramount+ to promote their crappy streaming service (since even a new Star Trek series couldn't generate any interest). I totally understand that. But somebody at USA Soccer should be informing them why that is a bad idea. Loudly. Meanwhile, I can watch Wales vs Belarus on regular cable (and did).

Thank you for the technical correction.

But the point is the same -- Honduras was offered more by CBS than they were by ESPN or Fox, so they took it, and CBS bid more because they thought it was worth more to them than Fox or ESPN thought it was worth to them. There is no one to be made at, other than you apparently don't like free enterprise.

Reaction Score
There it is. There was no way you were going to allow two straight negative results without implying it was Landon Donovan's fault.

Do you care that you make Palatine's level of horse beating skills look like the USL?

I didn’t say it it was his fault. I said that criticism from him was amusing. He shouldn’t be one to talk.

Reaction Score
I didn’t say it it was his fault. I said that criticism from him was amusing. He shouldn’t be one to talk.

I know you didn't say it was his fault. But do I find it bordering between humorous and scarily obsessive that you're still taking shots at him this many years later? You bet I do.

Reaction Score
I know you didn't say it was his fault. But do I find it bordering between humorous and scarily obsessive that you're still taking shots at him this many years later? You bet I do.

You’re off base. Landycakes wasn’t wrong but was still kind of hypocritical.

Reaction Score

I get Paramount+. It has Serie A soccer, Champions League soccer, EuroCup, Nations, etc., and I have to say, the new Star Trek series are better than anything since Voyager.

It is a very solid channel compared to many.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I get Paramount+. It has Serie A soccer, Champions League soccer, EuroCup, Nations, etc., and I have to say, the new Star Trek series are better than anything since Voyager.

It is a very solid channel compared to many.

I am watching Jamaica vs Costa Rica. Reggae Boyz just tied it up on the road. Nice stadium. Largely empty. I will watch Star Trek since I paid for this (free trial for now).

Panama and Mexico tied 1-1. What outcomes are we pulling for? Canada crushed the El Salvador team we tied. We need the Canucks to lose. Tonight is a must win.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
This is ugly. Our system sucks against pressure. Not generating anything. Decent chance there finally.

Reaction Score
This is ugly. Our system sucks against pressure. Not generating anything. Decent chance there finally.
Sands and Acosta are so slow and predictable with the ball. That’s why Musah is key for us. He’s strong with the ball and drives at the opposition like no other 6/8 we have.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
And Brooks screws up, then they score.

Reaction Score
I am watching Jamaica vs Costa Rica. Reggae Boyz just tied it up on the road. Nice stadium. Largely empty. I will watch Star Trek since I paid for this (free trial for now).

Panama and Mexico tied 1-1. What outcomes are we pulling for? Canada crushed the El Salvador team we tied. We need the Canucks to lose. Tonight is a must win.
Watch Picard.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Sands and Acosta are so slow and predictable with the ball. That’s why Musah is key for us. He’s strong with the ball and drives at the opposition like no other 6/8 we have.

They are reincarnated versions of the aging Bradley, slow, and mostly concerned with sending the ball backwards. I want aggression and speed. We have the athletes to compete. We can be a scary team playing the right system.

We lose this and Gregg has to be removed immediately.

Reaction Score
Brooks always plays crazy. Don't trust him, this thread is full of my criticism of him.

Bello fell asleep there on the cross. This is a red alert game. Wonder what he was doing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom