MNT's 2021 | Page 23 | The Boneyard

MNT's 2021

Reaction Score
Pulisic is spent, at this point

I don't get the criticism on what he has already done, he's been driving and making plays

He did flub Sargent's perfect pass early, but other than that I don't have any complaint about Pulisic

I do think he might be replaced here though
He’s mostly lost the ball when he’s driven at Honduras. More than I could say for others but we expect a lot more from him.

Reaction Score
A washed up version of Andy Najar is better on the ball than any of our players

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Pulisic is spent, at this point

I don't get the criticism on what he has already done, he's been driving and making plays

He did flub Sargent's perfect pass early, but other than that I don't have any complaint about Pulisic

I do think he might be replaced here though

They triple mark him every time he has the ball, then foul him, hard. Not sure we can ask more of him if his teammates aren’t up to the task. He’s beating multiple guys every time.

Reaction Score
He’s mostly lost the ball when he’s driven at Honduras. More than I could say for others but we expect a lot more from him.

You’re crazy. The reason he gets fouled in every game is that so few can defend him. He had to do everything when he was in.

If we actually had a midfield he wouldn’t have to drop back so deep.

Reaction Score
If we pull this out…Wow. The narrative will change but I wish it wouldn’t, this has been a terrible showing.

Reaction Score
Robinson has been our best player by miles. He was terrific last match. Why the hell didn’t he start?
I like Bello and think he’s gonna be a good player but that was my exact reaction seeing him on the team sheet. I have no idea what goes on in Gregg’s mind.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
In a must win he brings in two guys in defence who hadn’t played a minute the last two games.

Sure, but Yedlin could be 50 years old and I‘d trust him over Sands. This was a crazy ugly win. I hope Gggggg learned something from it.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
I don’t trust Sands one bit, especially in midfield. I have no idea why Yedlin didn’t play from the start, Adams is 100x better in the middle of the pitch and Yedlin is an okay RB

Thats my point. Yedlin is at least stable and won’t make terrible mistakes. These roster decisions are weird.

Reaction Score
A win is a win and that’s all the matters, especially on the road after not winning our home game. 5pts from 3 games is decent.

Pulisic goes out and we score 3 more goals. Absolutely surprising. But that boy Pepi has got some tenacity about him and made some big plays.

Can’t forget about the terrible first half but I hope this comeback can light a fire under the team to start believing/fighting and playing a complete 90 minutes.

Reaction Score
They triple mark him every time he has the ball, then foul him, hard. Not sure we can ask more of him if his teammates aren’t up to the task. He’s beating multiple guys every time.
Opposing defenses will have less opportunity to double/triple mark Pulisic when Reyna returns.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
The three goal margin will be helpful going forward.

Especially with Canada winning 3-0. They are definitely in the mix for top 3.

Reaction Score
Once we equalized Honduras had to open up and we feasted.

Berhalter is like Bradley. Maddening lineup followed by great subs and adjustments.

Reaction Score
Once we equalized Honduras had to open up and we feasted.

Berhalter is like Bradley. Maddening lineup followed by great subs and adjustments.

I still think he should have brought Pulisic to El Savador. He could have saved him for the last 20 minutes if needed. And he was needed.

Reaction Score
So we've learned a number of things from the 3 games.

1. Miles Robinson is our best, most consistent central defender and if John Brooks wants to keep his slot next to him he needs to play for the US like he plays in league.

2. A. Robinson is our left back, period. Dest can compete for the right back slot with Cannon, Yedlin and Moore. Bellow is for the next cycle --I'd rather see Vines as the backup left back.

3. I don't want to overreact to Pepe from one game. That was a great game, and if he's not hurt he will be starting against Jamaica, but I need to see more. I thought Pefok played well against Canada.

4. So Aronson isn't coming out of the starting lineup any time soon. Does it make sense to tweak the formation to a 4-2-3-1, so Aronson, Pulisic and Reyna can play behind Pepe, and move freely between the middle and the wings?

5. So with all healthy, if the World Cup started today my first and backup teams at the moment, using a 4-2-3-1, would be as follows:

Pepe (Pefok)
Pulisic/Reyna/Aronson (Weah/Lleget/de la Fuente)
Adams/McKenney (Musah/Acosta)
A. Robinson/Brooks/M. Robinson/Dest, getting the benefit of the doubt (Vines/McKenzie/Zimmerman/Yedlin)
Steffen (Turner)

Some of the backup positions (centerback next to McKenzie, right back, the third withdrawn forward) are still wide open, but I think we have a fairly good handle on the starters and most of the second unit. Here's to everyone staying healthy so we can start to see what it looks like in October.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom