MNT’s 2022 | Page 16 | The Boneyard

MNT’s 2022

Reaction Score
Aronson looked great in the midfield. His work rate is off the charts. De La Torre is very good with the ball and he plays fast as well. Add those guys to Adams, McKennie, Musah, perhaps, Busio and maybe Acosta, who looks very good serving on set plays. That is a deep and talented midfield.

Reaction Score
Aronson looked great in the midfield. His work rate is off the charts. De La Torre is very good with the ball and he plays fast as well. Add those guys to Adams, McKennie, Musah, perhaps, Busio and maybe Acosta, who looks very good serving on set plays. That is a deep and talented midfield.
Musah is so strong on the ball, crazy for a 19 year old. McKennie just keeps getting better. Aaronson is so versatile. Big season upcoming for Adams, had a pretty poor yr with Leipzig, may need a transfer

Reaction Score
Friendlies matter about as much a football spring game.
The wins and losses don't matter, that is true. They have some value. It a chance for the world cup roster to develop some chemistry. You get a chance to evaluate some younger players on a larger stage. They can help a coach identify strengths and weaknesses. The coach can tinker with formations and personnel.

They're fun. I would put them a notch or two above a football spring game.

Reaction Score
The wins and losses don't matter, that is true. They have some value. It a chance for the world cup roster to develop some chemistry. You get a chance to evaluate some younger players on a larger stage. They can help a coach identify strengths and weaknesses. The coach can tinker with formations and personnel.

They're fun. I would put them a notch or two above a football spring game.

The crazy substitution patterns and experimental stuff throw everything off.

If the WC was going to start in a week and a half you would see something different however.

Reaction Score
Also I didn’t go today. A cheap ticket was like 100 bucks. GA was sold out too.

Reaction Score
They gotta figure something out. Gregggg's had plenty of time to tweak his system
And Arriola isnt good against real teams

Reaction Score
They gotta figure something out. Gregggg's had plenty of time to tweak his system
And Arriola isnt good against real teams
Arriola is a good guy to have on the end of the bench to protect a lead, I was never the biggest fan but he deserves a roster spot IMO, just not starting, and probably not really getting any minutes. He's also been great for Dallas this season.

I'm hoping the staff wakes up on Tim being the starting striker. He has all the attributes, and you have to get your best players on the field. He is the only striker candidate that can actually take defenders on with success. And if he does start at striker, you can get Aaronson on the field as well, assuming Reyna won't be quite ready.

Reaction Score
Still think it should be Weah
Agree - would like to see Weah get a look in the '9' with CP and Aaronson on either side.

World Cup, for me right now, if healthy...

Turner
Dest Zimmerman Long Jedi
McKennie, Adams, Musah
Reyna, Weah, Pulisic

Reaction Score
Tough to make judgments based on such a crappy opponent, but I'll do it anyways ;).

Luca de la Torre was the best player on the field; McKennie looked like crap-the USMNT should not be used as a rehab program for coming back from injury; Jesus Ferreira scored 4 and should have had more, but it's good that he got the monkey off his back; Paul Arriola should probably make the roster, while Jordan Morris really shouldn't; Malik Tillman looks like a good addition for the future, but not ready yet; Acosta has his roster spot, but I wish he wasn't so casual with the ball sometimes; not much to say about the defense/GK given how little of the ball Grenada had, although they still had some shaky moments.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
JF should have had 8 goals. He missed three easy chances with the score 0-0. Hope this performance doesn't fool anyone. He will be a problem against good competition.

It's nice for him to have a good game. But it was meaningless.

Reaction Score
Games like last night let's people fall into the Arriola & Ferrera trap. They aren't good enough when we play decent opponents.
Need any combo of Weah, Pulisic, Adams, Weston, Aaronson, De La Torre, Musah on the field at all times. There isn't room for all of them, let alone the Roldan and Arriolas

Reaction Score
No way! Did you see Gregg's behind the back bounce pass last night? Need those skills in Qatar

Reaction Score
No way! Did you see Gregg's behind the back bounce pass last night? Need those skills in Qatar

He's shaming Euro athletes who have lesser hand eye coordination as non Americans.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom